The Death Process

The Crash

I was sitting inside of my English class when I heard it. It was loud and spine tingling. It shook me to my core. I was sitting in my English class when I heard CRASH! It was the sound of metal smashing against itself violently. Then there was a bunch of screams, and there was one that sounded familiar.

Without even thinking I jumped up around the faces of shock and sprinted out the door. ‘Oh please God don’t let it be a car crash. Gee was out in a car and should be arriving now, please don’t let him be apart of this’ was all I could think as I ran to where the screams where. Once I rounded the corner I saw it. God, it looked worse than it sounded. There were two cars, a black Nissan and a red Ford smashed up against each other.

The Nissan’s windshield was smashed completely with a body of a girl thrown through it who was now lying lifeless on the hood. The doors were all smashed and mangled like a mad gorilla had attacked it with an ax. The Ford was even worse with its wheels thrown everywhere and the windshield broken and on the ground. A few people where hanging out of the windows with blood dripping down from their faces and hands.

There was a hand there that looked familiar. It was thin, yet full, like an artist’s hand. OH NO! I rushed to the Ford as fast as my little legs could go. It couldn’t be him, it just couldn’t. As I got closer tears started to well up in my eyes. There was Gerard, sitting in the back seat with a long, jagged piece of glass piercing through his chest. He was dead. My Gerard was dead. My boyfriend and the love of my life was gone forever.

No, it wasn’t real. I couldn’t possibly be real. I looked around at the starring faces and firefighters trying to get the doors to the Nissan open. “Good joke everyone,” I let out a laugh and leaned up against the door of the car, “You really got me! Now let’s get Gerard out so I can tell him to never do this again.” No one listened to me. Why weren’t they listening to my orders? “Come on, help me get him out! He doesn’t like sharp things!” Again they just stood there starring at me. “Are you mocking me?” I asked, irritated. “Get him out!” I screamed, anger oozing out of every pore in my body.

“GOD DAMN IT GET MY BOYFRIEND OUT!” No response except a teacher coming up to me, not Gerard. “Frank, you need to realize he’s gone.”

“No, he’s still alive! Get him out!” She just looked at me in empathy. My eyes started to prick with tears again. “Please, I’ll be a better person,” I got closer to him and took his cold, bloody hand in mine, “I’ll be nicer to everyone and help at homeless shelters. I’ll adopt more animals and care for all of them equally.” My voice was no louder then a whisper at the end. I stroked my thumb over Gee’s knuckles as if to comfort him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that it's short but it gets the feling there. ENJOY!