Even in Death We Can Find Love

May The Odd Be Ever In My Favor

“Gerard Way”

My heart stopped when my name was called. The world around be crumbled. The silence made me know that all hope was gone and that I was
as good as dead. I let my little brothers hand go and watched the tears fall down his sunken in cheeks.

I walked to the open space that separated the boys and girls of district 9. I looked up at the adults knowing that my mother and father would have been up there crying and holding on to each for support Mikey my little brother would have went up with them for comfort. But there dead and Mikey has no one to hug him and tell him that I will be alright.

I stopped at the stage with my back to everyone. I cried for a few second then wiped away the tears. No one was going to see my tears or my pain. I took one last deep breath before a peace keeper pushed me toward the stairs. At the top was a man that look to be in his 40's but wore enough makeup to look in his 20's from far but I saw his true age. The wrinkles by his eye were thickly covered in a color 5 time dark than his natural skin color as if he stood directly in the sun for days. His hair was as gold and long as the grain in the fields that surround my district.

The man had a booming voice but, I couldn't hear him. All I could think about how the little 12 year old who has yet to live and myself are going to die.

Hello my name is Gerard Way today is my birthday. I am 17 and I just got picked for this years hunger games.

May the odds be ever in my favor.