Even in Death We Can Find Love

Times Be A Wasting

"10 Seconds"

I had just finished talking to Caesar about my new transformation in style and how attractive I looked. He was basically hitting on me during the interview and complementing my now golden hair. He asked me very personal questions about my parents, brother, and love interests. I'm not stupid I didn't give much away and I swear when I said I was single his smile was so wide I could count every pearly white tooth in his mouth.

As soon as I walked off the stage he called up the girl from district 10. And I ran. I needed to find Frank. I needed to talk to him.

I found him by the drinks. He smelled lightly of liquor. I grabbed his arm an pulled him to a door that said fire escape.

"Gerard what are you doing? Where are we going?"

When I felt safe I stopped pulling frank and pinned him against the wall and looked deep in his eyes.

"9 Seconds"

"When the countdown ends run. Run as far left as possible."

"But gerard thats not what the plan was. Were suppose to go-."

"8 Seconds"

"SHUT UP FRANK! screw the plan it needs to change trust me. We don't have much time they're going to separate us soon. They know Frank... They know. They heard every step of our plan and they will kill us or help the other tributes kill us. Frank run as far as possible to your left and hide. I will find you. I promise."

"7 Seconds"

"How do they know... How do you know they know?"

"They have grace she is telling them everything but, because they can control her. They can't control us. I found a note. I don't know from who but, they told me about grace. We need to trust them."

"Why do you trust them?"

"6 Seconds"

"Because I need that hope that someone out there is trying to help. Cause we cant make it on our own"

"5 Seconds"

"Hey you tributes can't be down here. Back to your floors the game is going to start in the morning there is no time to be wasted."

"4 Seconds"

I felt like I was literally being dragged to my floor by the peace keeper. When I got to my floor there were so many mirrors, clothes, lights, and make up. but not one person was here. It was quite. I herd her before she heard me. Grace was walking to the kitchen looking for food. She was normal but, I knew that could change at anytime.

"Hi Grace."

"Hi."

She didn't even look up when she spoke. She looked tired, depressed, and stressed all at the same time. I felt bad for this little girl that was given such a horrid life to live. I wanted to protect her but, it was too late. there was nothing I could do.

"So Grace you remember the first step of the plan right?"

"yeah. Run right as far as I can go."

"Perfect... Hey it's getting late. I'm gonna go to bed and hopefully have enough energy for the trek tomorrow."

I started to walk to my room when she called my name.

"Gerard... What ever happens tomorrow... Know I'm sorry and that I will miss you."

"3 Seconds"

What did she mean by that? I looked around the arena for what feels like the first time. It was cold and bright. Almost a blinding bright. the white of snow was everywhere. This will make it easy for anyone to track us and very difficult to start a fire.

Snow was lightly drifting down for now I saw Frank was 5th tribute to my left and Grace was the 8th tribute to my right. She would never see us disappear.

"2 Seconds"

BOOM! CRASH!

My instincts told be to look left at frank to see if fell off his column but, my heart told me it wasn't him. I was right. He was still there staring at the 8th tribute to my right. I looked at where Grace was standing and the rubble still falling to the ground. She was gone in more ways than one. She had stepped off the column either too early because of eagerness, suicide, or because the capital made her.

"1 Second"

I had no time to mourn or feel guilt it was show time.