Even in Death We Can Find Love

Don't Get Sick

Me and the little girl whose name I learned was Grace followed the man who calls himself magma (I'm not sure if that really is his name but what ever I'll go with it if it saves my life) to the train. Inside the train it was beautiful like nothing I ever seen before. Grace ran to the table filled with meats and breads I've never even seen. I walked up behind the little girl who looked at me with sad puppy eyes as if she was asking for permission to eat so I simply nodded my head and she dug in. I made my self a plate and sat next to her.

She was gnawing on a piece of meat like a little puppy that finds a bone for the first time. I patted her back and she looked at me with the same puppy eyes from earlier.

“Do you need help cutting your meat?” I asked. She just nodded. I took her plate and cut the many pieces of meat that she put on her plate into small pieces that were bite size. When she got her plate back she dug right in to it. I think I might have lost a finger if I didn't move quick enough.

“Grace?” I said. She just looked at me as she still ate. “Your family never had enough to eat did they?”
She looked down a shook her head. “I've been there you know starving then having a little more than enough food to eat. It happened once and I was foolish. It was when my parents died and me and my little brother were told we had live on our own. The neighbors brought us food that day and that day only we had so much food that more than I had ever seen and me and Mikey ate and ate and ate till we got too full. We didn't even know you could get that full. Grace we got really sick and I don't want you to get sick so when you stop feeling hungry stop eating there will be food later they will feed us later honey just don't get sick your going to need all your strength if you want to come back home.”

She looked at me and then back at her plate. I started at my plate when grace spoke to me for the first time. “You think I can come back home?” I just looked at her with the sad puppy eyes on her face tells me she had as much on coming back than I did but she is so young I need to help her so she can live a long happy beautiful life. “Of course you are with my help you make it home but, I need you to make serious promise.

“ANYTHING” She said quickly.

I smiled a really grim sad smile “When you win and come home and live a full wonderful life. Take care my brother for me please.”

She simply nodded an we went back to eating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace is not like Rue in any shape or form