The Night Summer Ended

First Dates Don’t Usually Go Well

"Good Morning Beautiful." I heard. Justin kissed me.
"You sure seem happy." I said kissing him.
"Well it's the first night all week I went to bed with you not mad at me." he said matter- of-factly.
"How do you know I wasn't mad?"
"Your eyes."
I giggled. I guessed my cheeks were already pink.
"It's true you know. Your eyes are sparkling."
This time I knew I was blushing. I bit my bottom lip.
"Would you like to go out with me? Like a date." he asked.
"I'd love to." I replied.
I kissed him and went back to resting my head on his chest.

I looked in the mirror. I had on a white tank top, jeans, and a scarf. I tightened the dark blue scarf around my waits and decided I looked fine.
This is it. This is what I have been dreaming about since I was 13. I was finally going on a date with Justin.
I walked across the hall and was about to tap on the slightly opened door.
“Where are you going?” James asked. I took me a few seconds to realize he wasn’t talking to me, but Justin.
“Out.”
“Being?”
“Do I really have to tell you?”
“Yes.”
“JAMES!”
“What?!”
“I’m going on a date!”
“With?”
“Who do you think Smart One?”
“I really don’t feel like guessing. Just tell me.”
“Oh my god! Get out!”
I heard the bed creak and James came out.
“Hey Carter.”
“Hi James.”
“I wouldn’t go in there if I were you.”
“He on his man period?” I asked laughing.
“Yeah. And it’s worse than usual.”
“That’s lovely.” I said pushing his out of my way.
I walked into Justin’s room and kissed his cheek.
“You could have told him you know.”
”I want it to just be the two of us. If he would have come, so would have everyone else.”
I put my hand on my hip and raised my eyebrow.
“What?” He asked.
“You know what.”
“Carter.” He started pouting. He sighed. “Fine.”
“That’s my boy.” I said as he was leaving.
He stuck his tongue out.
“You’re so gross.”
“But you like it.”
I sighed. I couldn’t argue with that. As much as I didn’t want it to be, it was true.
“Just go.”
And with that he left.

Not even five minutes later, I heard Abbie’s ear parsing scream. Then Autumn. Then Dylan.
“Dylan!” Matt yelled.
“Sorry I felt left out.”

“Abbie, are you done yet?!” I yelled up the stairs half an hour later.
“Not yet! Almost!” She replied.
“We could have been there by now.” Justin said under his breath.
I elbowed him in the stomach. I grabbed his arm and led him outside.
“If you were fine with letting them know, we wouldn’t have to wait.” I snapped.
“Do not blame me, Miss I-Know-What-Is-Best-And-That-Is-If-No-One-Knows.”
“Oh we are going there Mr. I-Think-I-Am-Better-Then-Everyone-Else-Because-I-Thought-Of-This.”
“It’s not my fault.”
“You’re the one that asked me out!” I said putting enfaces on you’re and me.
“You’re the one that kept leading me on.”
“What?! I beg to differ. I kept my space from you.”
“Oh sure. I’m Carter, and I’m going to walk around in bikinis and booty shorts all summer.”
“What! I sound nothing like that!”
“Yes you do.”
“Oh and if we are going at it, I’m Justin and I am going to subdues you just because I can.”
“Real classy Carter, real classy.”
“You know I can’t believe we are having a fight over something this stupid.”
“Oh so our first date id stupid.”
“You know what I meant.” I said, teeth clenched.
“Maybe, maybe not.”
“Shut up.”
“Make me.”
“I’m good.”
“Are you scared?”
“Uggh. Where is Abbie?!” I asked.
“Right here.” She replied hopping down the stairs. Her short blonde hair bouncing up and down.
“Can we just go?” I asked.
“What’s got into her?” I heard Abbie ask Justin.
“The same thing that got to him earlier.” James replied, pointing to Justin.
Autumn, Harry, Peter, Kate, Alex and Matt got in the van and Justin, Dylan, Abbie, James and I went into the car.
Great first date. I thought as we drove down the wide streets to the boardwalk.s
♠ ♠ ♠
hopefull Autumn wont kill me. she should feel lucky. im risking everything by posting this. back to chores :$ ~Nick