Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Summer heat.

It didn’t matter if I was wearing as little clothes as possible without being condemned a scandalous celebrity; the heat was agitating and anything I did to bring down the heat was shot down in an instant.

I was starting to regret moving to London before the summer heat; May was one of the worst months of the year.

Not even the air conditioning of an ice cream shop was helping as I was starting to contemplate sneaking into a gym and throwing myself into an ice bath.

The stress of having two papers due at the end of the week weren’t helping my horrible mood at the moment.

I took my sunglasses as I made my way into the radio station; Meagan had slipped an interview into my hectic schedule today before I could protest.

Smiling at the radio host I took a seat in front of a mic waiting for the questions to start.

“And here to grace us with her lovely presence! We’ve got Lizzie Groundsel. Now tell me Lizzie; how do you go from American Idol third place winner to London habitant?” he asked chuckling.

Laughing I paused for a second, “Dual citizenship buddy, my mom was British and my dad American. So before American Idol I used to visit frequently.”

“Sounds legit, now next question, how did it feel to be touring for your first album. Which congratulations, fifth week in a row where you’ve got number one spot on the billboards”

“Fifth week already?”I asked chuckling, “Time does go by fast, and for the tour? It was amazing; I have the best fans I could ever ask for. So any of you listening right now, I love you all and you mean the world to me. Really, touring was such a great experience to see all the people there for my music. Best feeling in the world hands down”

The radio host nodded, “Best feeling in the world? Wouldn’t that be when you’re with your boy toy? Harry Styles as people claim”

Letting out a laugh, I put my hand over my mouth, “You’re horrible! But no, my fans come above everything. Sorry babe” I chuckled.

“And how do you feel about Harry and Caroline Flack rumors out there?” he pushed; I just stared at him thinking how Meagan would want me to answer this question.

“The only thing that I care about when it comes to Harry is his relationship with me. But just to make you happy, as far as I know they’re good friends” I smiled, keeping my tone happy. I wasn't going to come off as a bitch. He had a job to do and I understood where he was coming from.

I didn’t get a chance to talk to Harry about Caroline that day since I had classes and other things to work with.

Once I actually got some time with him, it was the first thing I brought up. It was just us two and Louis at their place hanging out in the kitchen when I brought it up, “So Harry, who exactly is Caroline Flack?” I asked out of the blue, Harry just staring at me and Louis choking on his water.

“Excuse me?” Louis asked placing down his water, “What did you ask?”

“Just wondering who Caroline Flack is” I murmured nonchalantly as I looked at the both of them.

Louis jumped as his phone rang, “Oh look that! It’s my mum, I’ll be leaving you two alone now” he made a dash towards his room and slamming his door closed.

“What made you ask?” Harry looked at me curiously.

“Well, after getting asked three times about her and you I was hoping I could be given an answer by either one of you; and since I have no bloody idea who she is. I decided you could tell me” I smiled, letting him know I wasn’t upset.

“She’s just a friend, I usually just go to her for advice” he noted leaning against the counter.

Standing up I made my way towards him, pecking his lips; “Harry, you can tell me if you guys had something more. I won’t get mad” I promised.

Laughing he kissed me for a minute, “Just a platonic friendship, I promise”.

After a few more minutes, Louis stuck his head out his door; “is it safe?” he called out.

“Yes Lou, you’re boyfriend is alive” I called out, Louis joined us again after making sure Harry was alive.

“Thank god! I thought you chewed his head off for being friends with a cougar” he sighed in relief.

I looked at Harry close fully, “A cougar huh? Well good thing you don’t have a problem with my friendship with John Mayer.”

“Wait who?” Harry spat quickly after acknowledging what I said.

“Oh no one” I giggled grabbing my purse, “But got to go boys, I have class in thirty”

“Wait! Come back here, we’re not done talking” Harry called; I almost got out of the apartment until he pulled me back in by my arm, “What about John Mayer?”

I laughed kissing him forcefully, “Nothing, he’s just a friend”