Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Congratulations

“Hello Ms. Groundsel, I just got off the phone with your doctor back in London and rest assure you’ve got here the best OBGYN in Wellington” the doctors said walking into the small room and looking at her clipboard before looking at me.

Raising my shirt a bit she felt around before sliding the fabric all the way to the top so she could squirt the gel on. Moving the machine on top of it she looked at the screen before smiling at me, “It’s faint, but that’s the outline.”

Grinning I grabbed my phone and took a quick picture of it and sent it to Meagan and my dad before looking back at the doctor.

“Would you like to know the gender? It’s a bit easier to tell in a month or two, but I can tell you now” she offered.

I nodded eagerly, “Could you wait a minute or two? So I can call my friend?” I asked softly.

“Go ahead” she smiled as I dialed the number on my phone quickly and putting her on speaker, I could care less about the time difference at the moment.

“Hello?” Meagan asked worried.

“Hi , I’m at the doctors. And I know I said I would call before coming but I got side tracked, but anyways. Do you want to know what it is?”

Meagan stuttered for a few minutes until spitting out a yes, we waited patiently as the doctor moved around the machine again before looking at me, “Well congratulations, and looks like you are the proud parent of boy.”

“Lizzie. Do you hear that? We’re having a boy” Meagan said excitedly as I just nodded to no one in particular, drying my face; all I did these days was cry.

“Miss, would you like to hear the heartbeat?” Dr. Sullivan asked to the phone.

“Yes, please” Meagan said aloud and I held the phone closer to the machine as the thumping sounded around the room, echoing.

“ I’ll call you later. I’ve got to fill out some paperwork. I love you” I told him before hanging up.

Talking with the doctor she let me know everything was good, I was healthy, the baby was healthy and to keep doing what I was doing.

Thanking her I headed towards the car waiting for me before heading to the venue for the night, crying by myself out of happiness.

“No heels” Meagan warned me over the phone as I got my hair done for the concert tonight, her flight didn’t get in until tomorrow morning.

She didn’t want anything happening to me in any way with her gone, if something were to happen neither of us knew what would come from that.

“Meagan, I’m not performing in heels. I’m wearing flats” I assured her, “And security already checked the stage? Nothing, even with the slightest possibility of you slipping?”

“Yes, the stage is clean. I’m wearing jeans and no heels. Meagan the worst that can happen is me forgetting the lyrics” repeating for what seemed like the fifteenth time she accepted it and
hung up to catch her flight.

I loved her and I knew she was just watching out for me, but at some times it was a bit overwhelming. But not as overwhelming as finding out I was having a boy.

The concert was going great, my set of songs were almost done and all I had was this last song before I could get off stage and let the boys take over.

My usual routine was to move around the center of the sage and the left side; never going to the right side; I was known for my horrible balance and that side was always filled with cables.

Ignoring my better judgment for once in my life I made my way to the forbidden side, the
first ten seconds I was alright until I took it a bit too far and felt myself slipping.

Once I realized I wasn’t going to be able to stop the fall I shielded my lower stomach making sure I landed at least on my legs hopefully before standing up and finishing the song and getting off stage.

“Are you okay?” Niall asked rushing up to me.

Dan and the rest of the guys pulled me along, not letting me say anything to Niall as they rushed me into the car. Meagan’s strict orders were that if anything happened I was to be rushed to the emergency room.

After countless hours of testing they cleared me in the emergency room, Dan giving them a fake name so it wouldn’t get out into the press before they took me back to the hotel.

We were staying in this city for another day or two before a break and heading on tour in the states which I couldn’t wait for. I found Meagan waiting for me in the hotel room ready to pounce on me and making sure I was okay.

Scolding me for a good half hour she let me get some rest.

“I’m fine” I assured Meagan, I wanted to walk around and get something for myself. The doctors had cleared me and I was fine.

“How are you?” Haz asked softly, watching me closely as I poured myself a drink of water.

“I’m fine” I muttered taking a seat across from him, we just sat in silence, Haz looking at his phone screen before looking back up at me and back down at his phone, “What?”I snapped.

Shaking his head he stood up, leaving the room abruptly; shrugging my shoulders I checked my twitter, tweeting that I was fine. I smiled softly seeing my fans messaging me to make sure
I was okay.

Haz walked back in with Meagan who just shrugged before sitting next to me, “So when were you going to tell me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So against my better judgment I'm starting another story, don't worry. I'll keep updating this one too. So check it out for me? It's a Zayn one this time.

And thank you for the comments!