Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Coming Home

Harry sneaked a kiss as we dug out a little pool in the shore of the beach for James to sit in without his float.

Giggling I grabbed a handful of sand and smeared it all over Harry’s curls, he laughed putting some sand in James’s hand and helping aim it at me.

“James wouldn’t throw sand at mommy, he likes me better” I teased Harry as James dropped the sand in the water and laughed reaching for me.

This had been the best week of my life, the three of us would spend most of the day at the beach in the sand or water before heading up to the hotel room in the afternoon to get cleaned and rested which was followed by dinner.

I hadn’t left James in the day care after the first night, we’d either go to dinner with him or we’d in the room.

But I could officially claim this as the best vacation I would ever have in my life, these two boys meant the world to me.

“Me and James decided we’re going to move here” I let Harry know with a smile as I sat in the middle of the bed with James sitting up in my lap.

“You’re going to leave daddy all alone?” he asked James, kissing his hands.

James just laughed clapping his hands, hitting Harry a few times in the nose as I laughed taking in the moment. He made some noise along the lines of ‘dad’ which got Harry to freeze and look over at him.

Grinning he took James out of my hand and started running around in circles excitedly, I watched worried in case Harry slipped or anything, instantly calming down when he was back in my arms.

“Love did you hear that? He said dad” Harry grinned, tears forming in his eyes as he got his phone out to try to record it again.

Laughing I watched for a few minutes as Harry tried coaxing it out James again who defiantly didn’t say a single word.

Harry frowned up at me, “He got it from you. His stubbornness”

I laid James on his back as I made my way off the bed, making sure the pillows were making walls around him even if I was leaving him with Harry so I could make sure everything was packed.

We were checking out in a few hours to catch our flight and packing last minute was something I’d like to avoid.

James’s screaming wails and loud cries made me hold him tighter against my chest as Harry and I made our way through the airport, we’d gotten our stress free week at the hotel but once we left the paps were all over us, even with the airport security.

Harry tightened his grip on me as we finally got to the customs gate where they weren’t allowed to follow us.

Bouncing James I got him to settle down as he looked up at me and Harry scared, “It’s okay honey. We’re here” Harry murmured to James who was reaching his arms out for his dad.

“I think he switches favorite every other minute” I admitted to Harry who was bouncing James to keep him interested.

Harry shrugged amused, “As long as I’m his favorite at the end of the day”

I scoffed, “He’s a momma’s boy, right?” I asked James who was now looking at me.

Harry pouted as he tried to get his son’s attention by playing with his small curls, grinning I took a picture and set it as my background, “I just want to get home” I admitted, “And go to sleep in my bed.”

“About that” he started out as we boarded the first class section of the plane, “Since we’re back together, I was thinking you could start sleeping in my room?”

Nodding I kissed his cheek as we took our seats, “yeah, that’s fine. And you already have an extra crib in your room.”

The flight home wasn’t long, but getting out of the airport was. The paparazzi was worse here than it was in Greece and I thanked Harry for having security waiting for us.

“I think he’s too tired for any meals tonight, should we just put him to bed?” Harry murmured resting James’s head on his shoulder.

“Just try to get him to have some formula, we don’t need him waking up in the middle of the night” I murmured, “I’ll start unpacking and do the laundry.”

Walking into the nursery I found them both sleeping on the rocking chair, “Harry, honey. Go sleep on the bed if you have to.”

I gently lifted James off Harry’s chest and laid him on his back in his crib, holding in my laugh as he made little pouts and grasping his fist.

“Harry, babe. Let’s go to bed” I pulled him up from the chair, turning on the baby monitor as I pushed him out of the room.

“Lizzie, I’m hungry” Harry whined as I got him into bed.

Sighing I looked at him, “You just ate a few hours ago.”

“I’m hungry” he repeated.

I rolled my eyes leaving him on top of the bed as I went into the kitchen to order Chinese takeout, cleaning around the living room and kitchen until they arrived I didn’t see the point in getting plates out.

Bringing the food with me to the bedroom I laughed as Harry sat up straight away without me saying anything.

“Louis called” he grinned taking the fork from my hand and digging into a box of rice, “He wants us to come over for a little bit. The rest of the lads are going too.”

“James is sleeping, you go and have a good time” I said in between bites of my orange chicken.

“We can just take James with us” Harry chuckled, “And Danielle and El have been dying to see him”

I was happy that James woke up on his own, I never had the heart to wake him up from his naps; even when we needed to get somewhere.

“Where is he?” Louis asked slightly opening the door to his flat, completely ignoring Harry and I he reached in for James, taking him into the apartment with him and closing the door
behind him.

“Lou” Harry whined opening the door, we found James in his lap with El and Danielle on both sides of Lou fighting for the baby’s attention.

“I should just stop bringing him with me” I reasoned, a yelp escaping my mouth as Harry pulled me to his lap when he took a seat.

Niall started choking on his beer when he looked over at us, “Oi! Have you two been drinking?”

I shook my head, looking around to see everyone look at us in shock; I chuckled, “Babe, you didn’t tell Louis?”

“We just got home a few hours ago” Harry muttered, turning to Louis he grinned, “She took me back.”