Status: slowly progressing

Be Like You

Months Later

That was six months ago and the memory was still crystal clear in my head, replaying it every morning when I woke up.

I thought I would be able to move past him cheating but I couldn't. I knew it was wrong to hold it against him and not talk to him after everything happened, even if we promised to stay friends.

I just couldn't make myself talk to him, and progressing each week in American Idol kept me busy enough to avoid him.

Even though I didn't win, making it to the finale was enough for me. I wouldn't be tied to American idol for years to come.

Getting a record deal and being signed by a major company was enough, I wouldn't ask for more.

The only thing I had left was to finish the American Idol summer tour that all the competitors had to perform in. After that I would start with my first album and from there I would see what
I would do with my life.

I finished high school early by taking the classes online and convinced my dad to let me start college after I produced my album.

He agreed to it only because it meant I wouldn't be returning to Holmes chapel for a long time.

Shaking my head I pushed the thoughts out of my mind as I headed towards the stage for one of the last concerts left. Summer was almost over and I couldn't wait to start recording.
Three hours later, covered in sweat I finished signing some things for fans and headed towards my tour bus.

A little ball of fur ran towards me and I grinned picking it up and hugging it softly as it licked my face. Being on the road got a bit boring sometimes, so I had the idea of getting a dog.
Setting him down I took a quick shower slipping on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. Opening my laptop I knew it was a bad idea to look up the x-factor website.

But I wanted to see if Harry was keeping up with our agreement. Xfactor started last week and the auditions were finally up online.

I wouldn't let this affect me I kept telling myself as I watched the contestants before him. But once the cameras were on him I held my breath while he explained why and what the reasons were for him auditioning.

Once he actually mentioned my first name, my grip on the couch tightened. But the minute that he told the judges what song he would sing I couldn't help but pick up the Mac Book and chuck it against the wall for it to stop playing his voice.

I had known it would be a bad idea to look and now I was paying the price, I knew this would taunt me for the next few weeks until I’d be able to push it to the back of my mind again.

Once I finally got back to my new home in Los Angeles I knew it was time for interviews, radio shows and recording.

Recording only took three months and before I knew it was doing a few concerts around the country, morning shows, interviews and so much more. My name was everywhere and I couldn't make myself realize that only a year ago I was a regular high school student, a regular teenager who went out on weekends and fought with her dad on a weekly basis.

My manager became my best friend, she might not have had much experience still being young but Meagan learned from the best; being her uncle Simon.

After American Idol, Simon contacted me with Meagan’s number and her company details.

Out of all the judges, Simon had supported me the most during the competition and it was the least I could do to get to know Meagan.

We hit it off right away and soon enough we were roommates in Los Angeles; I told her the entire story with what happened with Harry and understood my actions.

Dad on the other hand wanted to know nothing about Harry, once he realized why I was so upset he wanted me to never mention his name again. And I didn’t, I couldn’t make myself say it aloud.

I grinned, finally being home in L.A after two weeks of winter touring I was exhausted and just wanted to go to my bed and see my baby boy, I couldn’t take Lucas on tour with me this time so I asked Ellie to watch over him while Meagan and I were gone.

An hour later of just cuddling with my puppy Meagan walked into my room with a smile, “So I know you’re exhausted and you just want to sleep for the next year. But I would advise you not to unpack” she noted jumping on the bed next to me and laughing when Lucas licked
her face.

Groaning I rolled over and looked at her, “Please tell me there isn’t another concert” I whined rolling my eyes.

She laughed nodding, “Uncle Simon wants me to spend Christmas with him this year, and since he knows I’m your manager and can’t leave you alone just yet; he offered for you to come as well”.

“Megs. He’s busy with the X-Factor, I don’t want to be a distraction” I muttered, jet lag kicking in.

“He even wants you to perform for the finale” she added softly.

Her one sentence woke me up faster than ten coffee’s could have and I shook my head, she should have known better than to ask me this, “There is no way in hell you will get me in a fifty foot radius of him. Meagan I can’t handle it and you know it”.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've decided on a posting schedule due to my busy work right now. I'll be posting Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Thank you :)