Status: Active

Not Over You

un

Samantha let out a groan as another goal was scored for the Philadelphia Flyers. Her roommate and best friend, Elena started to laugh at Samantha for the way she was over reacting.

"Come on guys! You're almost there!" Samantha shouted at the TV.

Elena's laughing calmed down. "Imagine you actually being at the game. You'd walk over and rip their heads off."

Samantha chuckled, "it's not my fault they're messing up when the game is so close. Oh sh! It's back on!"

"I didn't even say anything," Elena mumbled, but her best friend didn't hear since she was so focused on the game. Her eyes tried following the tiny puck, but couldn't pay attention. The only reason why she was even watching the game was because Samantha had asked her to. Elena just kept her eyes on the team wearing white.

Samantha's eyes carefully watched Patrick Kane as he began to skate closer to the opponent's net. Once he made the puck through the net, Samantha began jumping up and down, screaming at the top of her lungs. She tackled Elena onto the couch and squeezed her tightly, excited for the team's victory.

"They did it!" She cheered, "They won the Stanley Cup!"

"Maybe you should focus your happiness onto something else," Elena gasped for air. She quickly apologized and got off of Elena. She went to go and grab her phone and dialed Jon's number. Elena cocked her head to the side. "Who are you calling?"

"Jon. Who else? I always do this when he wins a game," Samantha's breathing was still heavy. Elena gave her a look, and Samantha instantly realized what she was doing. "We don't go out anymore. Shit!" She hissed, quickly hanging up.

"There's nothing wrong with sending a congratulation text," Elena tried comforting her friend.

Samantha nodded as she lightly licked her lips. She quickly sent him a message saying:

Congrats on the win! Tell Kaner he made an amazing goal.

Once she was satisfied with her text, she finally sent it. Elena already began to clean up some of the food that they had out. Samantha helped with the cleaning as she had a smile on her face. The whole time, she was singing, "The Blackhawks won the game."

"Ooh we gotta go and great ready. We have to leave soon!" Samantha said, looking at the clock in the kitchen.

"Shit! What the hell am I even going to wear?" Elena panicked, running towards her room.

Samantha laughed at Elena as she began going through her closet to look for the perfect outfit to wear. On the other hand, Samantha chose a pair of skinny jeans, a nice top, and her favorite leather jacket. She touched up her make up and went to go and check on Elena.

"Hey, you ready?" Samantha asked, entering her room.

Elena turned away from the mirror, showing Samantha the long sleeved white shirt with dark skinny jeans she was wearing. "Is this too simple?"

Samantha smiled at her innocence, "it's a first date. And we're going to a Korean barbecue restaurant!"

"I'll take that as a no," Elena smirked. She grabbed her jacket and purse off of her bed and let out a nervous sigh, "alright, well let's go."

Samantha and Elena walked out of their apartment and luckily caught a cab in time. Samantha and a man that she had been seeing for the past few months, Grant, were setting up a blind date for Elena and his friend, Dylan. To make things easier, they decided to make it a double date. Elena nervously bit her lip and constantly checked herself in the reflection of her phone.

"Calm down," Samantha said, placing a hand on her leg. "Everything is going to be just fine."

"What if it's not? This Dylan guy seems really nice and I don't want to be a disappointment to him," Elena sighed, "it's been so long since I've had a boyfriend."

Samantha rolled her eyes as Elena continued to ramble. Ten minutes later, they arrived at the restaurant and quickly found Grant and Dylan waiting for them. Grant stood up and kissed Samantha's lips with a smile.

"Dylan," Grant said, making Dylan quickly stand up. "This is Elena. Elena, this is Dylan; we've been friends since college."

"It's nice to meet you," Elena smiled, shaking Dylan's big hand.

He smiled, "it's nice to meet you too. It's nice to finally put a face with the name."

Elena blushed as Samantha took her seat next to Grant, leaving Elena next to Dylan. "So, did you girls watch the game?" Grant asked before taking a sip of his barley tea.

"Of course we did. You know how she is with her hockey," Elena smirked lightly. "Did you boys watch the game?"

"Oh no, Grant and I are more football fans," Dylan explained. He watched as her eyes lit up once he had mentioned football. "I take it you like the sport?"

"It's the only sport I can somewhat follow. I was a cheerleader back in high school," she explained.

Dylan and Elena began having their own conversation as Grant kissed Samantha's cheek, getting her attention. She turned and smiled at him, giving him another kiss on his lips.

"Hi there," she smiled. "How was your day?"

Grant sighed, "Tiring. I wish I had a job like yours where I was my own boss."

"It does have its perks," she smirked. Her phone began vibrating from her pocket, and when she checked to see who was calling, Jon's name appeared across the screen. "I'll be right back, this is my mom."

"Hurry, I don't want to be the third wheel for long."

Samantha gave him a wink before heading off to the bathroom to take the call. She quickly answered her phone before he hung up.

"Hello?" She asked into the phone.

"Hey Sam," Jon greeted.

She made sure no one else was in the bathroom while she was on the phone. "Hey Jon. Great game tonight! I'm so proud of you guys."

He chuckled, "thanks."

"Why aren't you out celebrating?" She questioned, "I'd be having a huge party."

"We’re in Philly so there are still a lot of angry fans out there. So we’re just waiting for it to die down a bit before we head out.” He explained, “God damn, Burish! Don’t hit me there!”

She laughed, "He hit you with the towel again?"

"You didn't even have to ask," he rolled his eyes. "So tell me…are you busy?"

Her smile quickly fell and nervously licked her lips, "I'm out on a double date with Elena."

"Oh," he mumbled, "who's the lucky guy?"

"Dylan," she answered, "he and Elena seem to be hitting it off."

"No, I mean who's the guy with you?"

Image


"Yo, Sam!" Anna yelled in her Spanish accent. She quickly popped her head into the kitchen, "Someone's here to see you."

She raised her eyebrow and wiped her hands on her dirty apron. She walked to the front and saw the usual customers in her bakery. Anna pointed towards the back of the bakery, pointing Samantha in the right direction. She walked around the corner to see who had interrupted her busy schedule.

"Sharpie," Samantha smiled, "hey Lizzie!"

"Say hi," Patrick Sharp said to his daughter, who was almost a year old. Lizzie gave Samantha a little smile, making Sharp and Samantha smile.

She gave him a hug, "congratulations on the other night. What are you doing down here?"

"Well the baby sitter said something about how she got these amazing Blackhawk cupcakes from a bakery and I had a hunch it was you," he smiled.

"Wait here," she said before walking away. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a baby blue box and went back to the front of her bakery. She began filling the box with her Blackhawk cupcakes and took it to the register area where she could tape it up. She walked back to Sharp and his daughter and handed him the box of cupcakes.

"Alright, free cupcakes! High five!" He said to Lizzie, holding out her hand. She attempted to hit his hand, but she missed miserably.

Samantha smiled, "you're lucky she looks like Abby. She's definitely going to be breaking some hearts when she's older."

"Tell me about it," he rolled his eyes. "Do you have a few minutes to talk?"

She nodded, "yeah, I have time." She and Patrick grabbed the closest table so they were able to talk. "So what's up?"

"Jon told me you called the other night," he smirked.

"Oh not you too," she rolled her eyes. He opened up the cupcake box and saw some of the cupcakes with white frosting, while the others had red and the little Blackhawk's logo on a stick.

"Hey, I'm just letting you know what I've heard. But I thought you moved on?" He asked before taking a bite of the cupcake, "Shit this is delicious."

"Thanks," she chuckled, "and I have. I've been seeing this guy for the past few months."

"What's his name?" Sharp asked. Samantha smiled as she watched him put some icing on his finger for Lizzie to lick off since she didn't like the actual cupcake part.

"Grant Lockwood. He's in advertising," she explained.

Sharp smirked, "Ooh, a creative man."

She rolled her eyes before she checked the time. "I have to get back to work. Cupcakes aren't going to bake themselves, you know!"

"Are you still coming to Lizzie's birthday party?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

"Of course," she nodded. "I promised Abby that I'd be the one making the cake."

"You can bring that Grant guy...if you want."

She smiled at his kindness, "thanks, but I was actually going to bring my friend Elena. I need her help putting on the finishing touches on the cake."

"Thanks again, for everything," he said, referring to the free cupcakes, making Lizzie's birthday cake, and for willing to put her differences aside to be in the same room as Jon.

She kissed his cheek, as well as Lizzie's before going back to the kitchen. She put the dough she was working on earlier into the fridge. She sat on one of the stools in the back and leaned against the wall. She had completely forgotten about Lizzie's birthday and had to make up a sketch of the cake tonight. Yet that wasn't the thing she was stressed about. She was worried that if she would see Jon again, she couldn't put on a fake smile like she had been doing with everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
A re-post since Mibba's server had went down! I would still love to hear from you guys though (:

So around three comments of feedback and I'll update again soon?