Status: Active

Not Over You

treize

For the past week and a half, Samantha spent every waking moment at her bakery. She even stayed after hours to try and come up with new recipes. She was doing anything and everything she could to keep her mind off of Jon. She was embarrassed and was afraid to face him when he returned to Chicago. She had honestly thought that Jon had felt the same way about her, and when he had said all those mean things about her, she felt her heart break.

Elena flew in from Dallas and was going to stay in Chicago for the week. She and Patrick Kane planned on trying to get Samantha out of her little funk. Samantha had tried to stay away from Elena because of what Jon had said, but no matter how many times Elena had assured her that she wasn’t trying to get away from her, Samantha still didn’t believe her.

Samantha was taking a rare day off from work and went to the nail salon with Elena. Samantha had gotten French tips on her toes and nails while Elena had gotten something flashier, bright red toes and nails with little designs on her ring fingers. Currently, Samantha, Elena, and Patrick were at Samantha’s favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner.

“You ladies feel like going to a bar after this?” Patrick asked, trying to poke his General Tso’s Chicken with one of his chopsticks.

Elena laughed, “Pat, just use a fork. And that sounds like fun, you wanna go, Sam?”

“Yeah, why not?” Samantha sighed, “I could get drunk. Do you guys feel like curing your hangover with dessert? I’m trying out some new stuff for my bakery and I could use your opinions.”

Patrick sighed and just grabbed his fork instead. “That sounds like we’re going to be having a great weekend,” he grinned. “How’s Dallas, by the way?”

“It’s so hot,” she groaned. “Adam and I spend most of our time at the pool more than anywhere else.”

Samantha drank her Jasmine tea and licked her lips. “You have any friends yet?”

“Some,” Elena shrugged, “so far they’re just the girlfriends and wives of the other players. None of them bake as well as you though,” she said with a smile.

Samantha rolled her eyes as Patrick laughed. They finished up their dinner and decided to walk to the bar since there was a nice breeze out. She was glad that they were going to a bar instead of a club. She hated dancing. When they arrived at the bar, Patrick offered to pay for the first round of drinks as the girls found a booth.

“So,” Elena began, settling herself in the booth, “how are you holding up?”

She pouted, “I don’t want to talk about him. I just want to get drunk and eat pie.” She said, making Elena laugh. “Don’t laugh at me! I’m serious! Wine and pie make everything better.”

Elena waited until her laughter calmed down before speaking again. “I have to agree with you there. My first week without you in Dallas, that’s all I did.”

They stayed quiet for a while as they waited for Patrick. Samantha was thankful that Elena had flown in to make sure she was okay. She admired their friendship even more and began to accept the idea of Elena and Adam more, and more. She still thought what they did was rash decision, but things seemed to be working for them. Samantha was just happy that Elena was finally happy with a man. She knew Adam would take care of her.

“So, Burish really makes you happy, huh?” Samantha asked with a teasing smile.
Elena blushed at the thought of him. “Yeah, he does. We still get dirty glances from people when they hear how long we’ve been together but we’re both really happy. His parents are flying in two weeks and I get to meet them.”

“Your life sounds like a movie,” Samantha sighed. “I am so jealous. Can I please have your life?”
She laughed as Samantha gave her a big pout. “No thank you, I like my life very much. But um, have you talked to Jon since…you know?”

Samantha shook her head as her body stiffened up. She wished Elena didn’t bring him up because she didn’t want to be emotional that night. She just wanted to have a fun night with her friends. She was still embarrassed and felt like she would be sick whenever someone had mentioned his name.

“Can we just not talk about him right now?” Samantha frowned, “I don’t want to start crying again.”
“Sam, you can’t blame yourself,” Elena said quietly. “You didn’t know.”

Samantha scoffed, “I had my head up my ass thinking he still liked me. Of course it’s my fault.”

Elena hated it when Samantha had talked down on herself. She didn’t know Jon as well as Samantha did, but she knew him well enough to know that if Samantha had a feeling that Jon liked her, he probably did like her. Since she was vising her friend to cheer her up, she chose not to say anything else. They silently waited for Patrick to arrive with their drinks.

“Here you ladies go. Rum and Coke for Sam, and some Apple-tini shit for Elena,” Patrick said as he passed the drinks out. “You’re buying the next round because I had to wait five minutes for your damn drink.”

“Jeez, you win a stupid Cup and you think you run everything,” Elena teased.

Image


Jon was laying in his bed on a sunny afternoon. He knew he should have been out with some friends doing some sort of activity, but instead he was inside, throwing a tennis ball up in the air and catching it. He couldn’t get Samantha out of his head. He felt guilty and ashamed for what he had said. He was moody, barley talked, and couldn’t even enjoy his vacation. He even thought about going back to Chicago early to make things right.

He would only leave his bedroom when his parents forced him out to eat. David had to drag him out to the lake to enjoy a nice day out swimming with a few of their family members. Instead, Jon just sat underneath the shady tree and ignored everyone. He only talked to their youngest cousin Maddie, who was only five years old. David was tired of Jon’s mood swings, hell his parents were even tired of it.

He let out a loud groan before he decided to call Patrick since he knew he had been with her these past few days. He was glad someone like him was there for her while he couldn’t be. He also hoped that Grant was there for her, not knowing that they had been broken up for a week.

“Tazer!” Patrick said loudly, “what’s up?”

Jon chuckled at his friend’s enthusiasm. “Nothing really. What about you? Are you with Sam?”

“No, I actually dropped her off an hour ago at her bakery. We just dropped Elena off at the airport so she’s a little upset, but she’s holding up,” he replied. “What about you?”

He groaned, “Man I still feel like an asshole. I tried going out and having some fun, but I just ended up leaving ‘cause I felt so guilty.”

“Yeah? Well you should,” Patrick said, making Jon laugh again. “Listen, I hate to cut this short, but I have to start packing ‘cause I’m vising my parents today. Try to keep your head up, alright? Call if you need anything.”

“Yeah, man, I’ll see you later.”

Jon hung up his phone before checking the time. It was almost two o’clock and he was hungry. His mother was at work and by the time dinner was ready it would be almost seven o’clock. He didn’t feel like having leftovers so he decided to go out to eat. He drove to the nearest diner and was seated right away since the lunch rush was over.

He watched as the waitress took away the table setting that was across from him, making him feel lonelier than ever. He ordered a simple cheese burger and iced tea because he knew his mother would be mad if he had spoiled his dinner. Once the waitress walked away, he slumped in his seat and placed his phone on the table.

He kept starting at his phone, like it was taunting him. He didn’t want to look at his phone because he knew he would be looking at pictures of her that he still had. All he could focus on was his phone and how he wanted to see her beautiful face. He let out a little sigh as he grabbed his cell phone. He began to go through his pictures and hid his phone, acting like he was going through a nude magazine.

He had to admit, he was happy with her. He knew a lot of the things that they did in their relationship was unconventional but it worked for them. She teased him, hit him, and put him in his place. If he had a bad game, she didn’t take the attitude he would give her. When people who praise Jon and how great she was, she would simply shake her head and say, “if only they knew the real you.”

The other thing that he oddly missed about her, was her confidence. It was no secret that Samantha didn’t have the best body in the world. She didn’t have the bustiest chest and didn’t have the curves in all the “right places”. And she accepted that she wouldn’t have a body like that. So instead of obsessing over it, she chose to embrace it and wore clothes that complimented her body. Her body had even been compared to Keira Knightly’s a few times by past boyfriends. And that confidence that she had is what made her so sexy to Jon. Jon loved a woman who had nice curves, but he would rather be with a real woman rather than someone who got plastic surgery.

As he scrolled through the rest of the pictures, he just continued to feel like shit. He missed the memories they had together. He missed it when she would make him his favorite pie after a long day. He missed how she was so laid back that they would actually spend almost the whole week in bed. He missed how much she cared about him. Since she had been constantly on his mind, he could only think of how he wanted, no, needed her. He had been stupid to let her go because he was too focused on hockey.

She shouldn’t be with Grant. She had to be with him. She even admitted that he had made her feel special in a way that Grant didn’t. Grant didn’t pay attention to her the way Jon could. He was worthless and was holding her back. Hell, he had to admit, he missed her.

Jon missed her, and finally was able to admit that he wasn’t over her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for the feedback on the last chapter! I appreciate it so much! Please keep it up and I'll update soon because the next chapter is almost finished!

By the way, how amazing is the new story banner? (: