Status: Active

Not Over You

quinze

Patrick Sharp had the brilliant idea to go and visit Samantha at her shop since it had been a while since he had last seen her. A few of the guys thought it was a good idea and decided to tag along. Patrick Sharp asked Jon if he wanted to go, but he denied the invite and said that he was just going home. Somehow, Corey and Viktor dragged Jon to Viktor’s car and drove off before Jon could jump out the car.

When they entered the shop, Jon headed straight to the back to grab the biggest booth she had. When he noticed her mother was at the counter, he lowered his baseball cap and walked faster. The other four men decided to wait in line so they could order their desserts. Samantha walked out of the kitchen carrying a tray full of fresh baked cookies. She began placing them in the glass display before she heard someone call out her name. She peaked over the counter and saw Patrick Sharp holding Lizzie in his arms.

“Lizzie, you got so big!” Samantha said, giving her a big smile. “Did you go to practice with daddy today?”

Patrick smiled down at his daughter. “Yeah she did. She had fun pulling on Kaner’s hair.”

“Aw, I bet he enjoyed that,” she laughed, “What can I get you guys?”

Patrick Sharp, Viktor, Patrick Kane, and Corey all ordered a treat to eat. Since they weren’t very busy, Samantha told them to go and sit and that she would bring their order over. The guys sat down at the table Jon was waiting at while they waited for Samantha to arrive with their orders. Patrick sat at the end of the table and placed Lizzie on his lap as she played with one of the dolls she had bought over.

“Lizzie, did you borrow one of your daddy’s toys again?” Corey joked, making the group laugh. “Was he nice about it this time?”

Patrick laughed, “I was actually nice about this time.”

Samantha arrived shortly after with a tray of their desserts. She passed out their desserts, and even snuck in an extra cookie just for Lizzie. She placed a slice of Key Lime Pie in front of Jon, making his head pick up from looking down at his phone.

“Oh I didn’t order this,” he said as she pushed it towards her.

She shrugged and took a quick glance down at him, “it’s on the house.”

She walked away with the empty tray as Patrick Kane gave him a little smirk. Jon rolled his eyes but ate the pie. It had been a while since he had eaten the delicious pie and he had forgotten how good it was. Lizzie had somehow gotten to Patrick Kane’s lap and licked off all of the icing on his cupcake.

“So,” Patrick Sharp piped up, “have you talked to her since – “

“Since the time I made her cry and ruin any chances I had with her?” Jon cut him off, “no, I haven’t. I called her a few times but she won’t call me back.”

Lizzie somehow ended up in Viktor’s lap and began to drink his milkshake. Patrick shook his head as he took his daughter away. “You’re such a piggy,” he smiled down at her. “What are you going to do now?” He asked, returning his attention to Jon.

“I don’t think there’s anything else I can do,” he shrugged. “I mean, if she doesn’t want to be with me, I can’t force her to.”

Patrick stayed silent as he wiped Lizzie’s mouth. Samantha went back to the kitchen to pick up the Blackhawk cupcakes to refill the display with. Her assistants were so busy they didn’t even notice that she had taken the tray. She filled up the display as much as she could before helping out a few customers. While she was filling up the box, the guys were heading out.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Jon approach her. The only thing that separated them was the counter, and she knew that if the counter wasn’t there, Jon would be much, much closer. She looked up at him and tucked her hair behind her ear, not noticing that she had gotten flour on her cheek.

“Thanks for the pie,” he gave her a crooked smile. “It was good, as usual.”

She gave him a soft chuckle. “You’re welcome. I’ll see you around?”

Jon gave her a quick nod before he dug through his pockets and pulled out a ten dollar bill. On his way out, he placed it in the tip jar before joining Viktor in his car. Most of the car ride was quiet as Viktor drove Jon back to the United Center so Jon could get his car and go home.

“She gave you a free pie,” Viktor spoke up, “doesn’t that mean something?”

Jon laughed, “It’s just a slice of pie, Vik. I don’t know what that means in your country, but in America it’s just a pie.”

“Shut up,” Viktor chuckled. “I mean, if she hated you she wouldn’t have done that, right?”

He sighed as Viktor pulled into the parking lot of the United Center. “I don’t know, man. She’s just confusing.”

“What girls aren’t?” He joked, “I’ll see you next week at practice.”

Jon gave Viktor a little not before exiting his car to get into his own. He was kind of glad that the guys had dragged him to her bakery. This meeting had gone a lot smoother than their last. She was definitely making him go through an emotional roller coaster. Whenever he thought he was safe, he would usually do something to mess up. As strange as it may sound, he loved that about their relationship because it always kept him on his toes.

As much as he really cared for her, he wasn’t sure if she was worth the pursuit anymore. She was sending him all of these mixed signals that it confused the hell out of him. Not too long ago she wanted nothing to do with him, and today she was genuinely being nice to him. He knew that it was only one encounter and that she was most likely only being nice because they were at her work, but he wanted to hold onto the fact that there was still some hope for him.

Image

Jon walked into a small café and walked over to the end of the line to order himself an iced coffee. They had the best iced coffee in the world and Jon had missed it since he had left Chicago. While standing in line, he saw a man who looked oddly familiar at one of the tables by the windows. He wasn’t quite sue who it was, so he shrugged it off and went to order his drink.

As he sipped on his ice cold beverage, he realized who the man was. Grant was sitting with a beautiful red headed woman and looked pretty cozy with her. Jon furrowed his eyebrows in anger as the woman left to use the restroom. He was beyond furious with Grant, not understanding why he would ever cheat on a girl like Samantha.

Jon sat across from Grant and both men intently glared at each other. “Who is she?”

“Why does it matter to you?” Grant scoffed.

Jon wasn’t sure if he was serious or not, but he knew how to piss him off even more. “It matters to me because you’re cheating on Sam.”

“You’re kidding me, right?” Grant laughed slightly. “I broke up with her almost two months ago when she told me you guys used to be a thing and how you guys kissed.”

He felt like he had gotten smacked in the face. Not only that, he felt guilty for kissing her. He would never want a girlfriend to cheat on him, but then there he was being the guy the girl cheated with. Grant sat there as Jon gave him a blank stare. Neither of them knew what to say.

Jon cleared his throat, “I’m sorry, you broke up with her? How did this even happen?”

“Well, she mentioned that she had an ex named Jon. I just never thought it was you,” Grant shrugged a little. “She told me how you guys kissed and how she hid it from me for months. So I broke up with her,” he explained calmly. “To be completely honest with you, I knew she was still hung up on you.”

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “Look, I’m so – “

“Save it,” Grant waved him off. “I guess I kinda had it coming. I was hoping that I could change her mind and make her fall in love with me or something. But I guess it’s always been you.”

Jon rubbed his face when Grant was done talking. He didn’t think it was possible to feel so guilty. Grant was so accepting that she didn’t love him the way he had loved her. Jon had to give the man credit because he knew he wouldn’t be able to be mature if Jon was in Grant’s situation.

“I feel like the biggest dick in the world,” Jon sighed, “I swear I never meant to break you guys up.”

Grant gave him a knowing smile. “I know, you’re a good guy. Just watch out for her, alright?”

“Have fun with the red head,” Jon chuckled lightly as he got up from the table with his drink. Being the gentlemen that they were, they shook hands before Jon took off.

He walked over his car and quickly turned the AC on since it was still hot out. He took another sip of his drink before he placed it in the cup holder and took out his cell phone. He called Patrick Kane and impatiently waited as the phone continued to ring.

“Hello?” Patrick yawned.

“Pat, why the fuck did I just find out that Grant broke up with Sam almost two months ago!?” Jon yelled, not caring if he looked like a crazy person for yelling in the car. “I ran into him at a fucking coffee shop with another girl! I thought he was cheating on her! Why didn’t you tell me?”

Patrick mumbled a few incoherent things since he had just woken up from a nap. “Dude, I seriously thought that you knew. He broke up with her the night you talked shit on her.”

“I wasn’t talking shit on her,” he grumbled. “I’ve been thinking about that girl nonstop. Didn’t it ever occur to you that you should have mentioned something to me? Like at all?”

Patrick sighed, “I swear I really thought you knew. You know I would’ve said something to you if I thought you didn’t know.”

Jon sat in his car in silence, knowing that what Patrick was saying was true. He was a good friend to him but it still bothered Jon that not even once did Patrick bring up the breakup. Jon leaned back into the car seat and just thought about how he could’ve had her this whole time. Instead of just laying around at home thinking about her the whole time, he could have actually been with her to try and fix it.

“What the hell do I do now, Pat?” Jon asked, “I’m pretty sure she still wants to gauge my eyes out every time she sees me.”

Patrick laughed, “Just go over her house.”

“Go over?”

“Yes! Go over her house,” he repeated himself. “Go and get the girl. Be ballsy”

“Fuck, I think I’m gonna shit in my pants,” he mumbled before hanging up on Patrick. Jon drove to Samantha’s apartment as he tried to figure out what the hell he was going to say to her. He knew that his chances of just getting her to talk to him were very unlikely. Jon was being completely honest, he was expecting to get slapped at least once in the face by her. He could handle punches and being slammed into a wall, but he could never handle being slapped in the face.

Jon felt like he was going to throw up as he knocked on the door. The last time he had been there it didn’t go so well and he was praying that this visit would go smoother than the last. The door opened up a few moments later and she stood there still in her work clothes. Flour was scattered all over her shirt and she even had some on her face and in her hair. She held her cell phone in her hand as her eyes were watered up.

“Why are you crying? What’s wrong?” He questioned as she stepped to the side to let him in. She closed the door as Jon was impatiently waiting, “Well? Are you going to say something?”

To his surprise, she had a smile on her face. “I got a call from Food Network! They have this show called Unique Sweets where they talk about the best desserts in town and they want to do a segment on my bakery!”

“Sam! That’s great!” Jon’s smile was almost as big as hers. She jumped into his arms, getting flour all over his shirt, but Jon didn’t care. “I’m so proud of you,” he mumbled in the crook of her neck.

“It’s only because of you guys! If you didn’t win the Cup my Blackhawk cupcakes wouldn’t be as famous as they are,” she smiled. “God, I can’t believe this is happening. I feel like I’m in the dream or something.”

He smiled down at her, “You deserve it. You worked really hard to get where you are now.”

“Aw, thanks Jon. You’re such a sweetheart,” Samantha said as she walked over to the kitchen. “Not that I really mind, but what are you doing here?”

Jon felt his cheeks flush slightly. What the hell was he supposed to say to her? She was in such a good mood, he didn’t want to ruin that. He was thinking about putting it off until later on since he had no idea what the outcome would be. But he was already standing in front of her.

“Why didn’t you tell me that Grant broke up with you?” He asked her.

She arched one of her eyebrows as she sat on top of the counter. “I guess I just figured Pat told you,” she shrugged, “I didn’t think it was a big deal.”

“Yeah, well it is.”

Samantha scoffed at him. “Why is it such a big deal?”

Fuck. He already pissed her off. Jon awkwardly stood there as she waited for his answer. He didn’t know what to do. Part of him just felt like walking out of the apartment and acting like nothing had even happened in the first place. She sighed and hopped off of the counter, tired of waiting for his answer. He was afraid that she was going to kick him out, so he did what Patrick told him to do. Be ballsy.

Jon grabbed the back of her neck and kissed her. At first she panicked and tried to push him away but eventually eased into it. She let her arms wrap around his body as she felt his familiar lips all over hers. He was just as gentle and caring as she always remembered. She placed a hand on his chest and tried to gently push him away, but he didn’t want to let go.

“Jon,” she laughed, “give me a second to breathe.”

“Sorry,” he mumbled. “I got excited.”

She smiled at him as she wiped away some of the flour she got on his face. “Yeah, I can tell. But maybe we should do this another time. You know, when I’m not covered in flour.”

“That never stopped us before.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so honestly I have no idea when this story is going to end. It might be the next chapter, or it might be five chapters from now. Who knows?

Anyway, I want to thank you guys so much for your feedback! I'm so glad you guys are loving this story. It means so much to me. Please keep up with the feedback because I love hearing what you guys have to say.

Also, if you haven't already, please check out my Patrick Sharp story. There are already two chapters up so I hope you guys will enjoy!