Status: Active

Not Over You

deux

"Thanks again for watching Lizzie on such short notice," Patrick Sharp said over the phone.

Jon smiled, "not a problem. How's Abby's aunt?"

Sharp sighed, "I don't know. They're not telling us anything. Is Lizzie giving you any trouble?"

"She's a bit fussy but I can handle it."

"I owe you, man. I'm sorry she had to be sick while you’re watching her. You're a life saver."

They said their goodbye's before hanging up. Luckily, that's when Lizzie's crying had started up again, and not while he was on the phone with her father. He sighed in frustration and hurried to Lizzie as she cried in her crib. He picked her up and tried comforting her, but nothing seemed to work.

He did everything he could think of. He gave her a bath to cool her fever, and gave her medicine. He held her, played with her, put in a movie, and even tried to dance and sing for her. Nothing seemed to work. It was driving him crazy. He didn't want to tell Sharp or Abby because he didn't want to make them worry than they already had to. He called the only person he could call in a time like this.

"Hello?"

"Sam I really need your help. Lizzie is sick and Abby and Sharp are checking up on her aunt in the hospital and I have no fuckin' clue what I'm doing!" Jon panicked.

"Cam down. I'm only a few blocks away, I'll be right there."

Normally, Jon would have asked why she was so close to Sharp's house since she lived closer to the city, but he didn't question it. He continued to try and keep Lizzie happy by playing with her. He couldn't even sit down because she wanted him to stand up while he held her. He had no idea how Sharp and Abby could do this; he realized how unprepared he was for kids and was happy he didn't have to have them for a very long time.

The doorbell rang, making Jon run towards it to let Sam in. He quickly frowned when he sat that it was only the pizza that he had ordered not too long ago. He felt frantic and didn't pay attention to how much money he had really given the delivery boy, but he knew it wasn't too much since he only shoved a total of twenty dollars in his pocket.

He put the pizza on the table and checked the time. It was time for Lizzie to take her medicine again, and that was a battle he chose to wait out a little longer until Samantha got there. There was another knock on the door and this time, he just knew it had to be her.

"Thank god you're here," he sighed in relief.

"What's wrong with her?" She asked, entering their home.

"Why are you so dressed up?" He asked, noticing her black dress and heels. "Shit you were on a date."

She rolled her eyes and tossed her clutch on the couch. "Give me the kid," she ordered. Jon handed Lizzie over and he felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. "When does she need more medicine?"

"Now, actually," he answered.

He quickly followed her into the upstairs bathroom in Sharp's and Abby's bedroom. She knew where the medicine was and tried giving it to Lizzie. The little girl sure knew how to put up a fight, something she must have learned from Sharp. Samantha grunted and pulled the medicine away from her.

"Lizzie," she sighed, "you have to take your medicine to get better. Mommy and daddy will come home sooner if you do."

Even being almost a year old, Lizzie understood mommy and daddy. Samantha tried again to feed her the medicine and Lizzie didn't put up as much as a fight as she did before. Eventually, she took the medicine and the two adults hoped that she would fall asleep sooner.

Jon smiled as he followed them into Lizzie's room. "You're a life saver. I owe you."

"You and Sharpie both," she smiled. "Why don't you go downstairs and eat? I can handle things from here."

He shook his head and decided to stay. It took ten minutes of Samantha rocking and humming Lizzie to sleep. Jon had set up the baby monitors as she put Lizzie in her crib. They quietly crept out of her room and headed downstairs to relax a little bit. When they walked into the kitchen, Jon went through the fridge and pulled out two beers and handed one to her.

"I don't know how you did that. I tried doing that all day and nothing seemed to work." Jon said as he opened up his beer.

"I have a woman's touch," she shrugged.

"So where'd you come from to be dressed up all fancy like that?" Jon questioned her as she watched her open up his pizza box. They both took a slice and couldn't wait to dig their teeth in the cheesy goodness.

"A really fancy Chinese restaurant," she smirked knowing how much Jon had hated Chinese food. "I don't understand how you can hate Chinese food, or any type of Asian food for that matter."

"I don't hate it. I just strongly dislike it," he smiled sheepishly. "Besides, I can't eat it as much as you can. How do you think I got this amazing body?" She laughed, knowing how uncomfortable he must have felt complimenting himself. "I still don't understand how you're not fat. All you eat is Chinese food and dessert."

She shrugged as she took the last bite of her slice of pizza. "God blessed me," she said simply. "So are you going to the education charity event at the end of the month?"

Jon nodded and watched her drink her beer. "Yeah, me and a few of the other guys are going. Why?"

"The mayor called me the other day and asked me to bake cupcakes for the event!" She said excitedly, showing all of her front teeth from her smile. "Since the Bulls, Cubs, and Bears are going to be there he asked me to bake cupcakes for their teams as well."

"Sam, that's great! You're store is finally getting out there. I'm proud of you," he sincerely smiled.

She smiled and looked down at her food before looking at her watch. "I should go. I told my date after I helped with Lizzie I'd meet him at his place."

He shoved his hands in his pockets as he followed her to the front door. "Of course; oh wait, how are you getting there? Let me give you cab money for your troubles."

She gently pushed his hand away and smiled, "Jon, I didn't take your money while we were dating, and I'm not going to do it now."

"Fair enough," he smiled. He reached down and hugged her tightly, and his surprise, she hugged him back.

Image


She knocked on Grant's door to his loft and waited for him to open up the door. Once he did, she was immediately greeted with a kiss. He stepped to the side to let her inside his home, and the first thing she did as gasp once she saw the view of the city that he had. She quickly walked over to the window and gazed down at the city.

"I love the view that you have," she said breathless. "I wish I had one."

"Maybe you will someday," he smiled. "But come with me; I have something to show you."

Grant grabbed her hand and led her to his office. There was a big brown box on his desk which made her curious. He let go of her hand and opened up the box to show her what was inside. She gasped lightly when she saw him pull put a few shirts.

"What is this?" She questioned.

"Well as soon as you told me that you were baking your cupcakes for the charity event, I just had to get these done for you," he answered. He opened up the shits to reveal what it said. In black cursive writing, it had said Sweet September on the baby blue shirt. "I figured you and your workers needed to be separated from everyone else in the crowd."

"Grant this is amazing!" She said as she walked over to give him a kiss on the lips. "I can't believe you went through the trouble to do this!"

"It was really no trouble at all," he smirked lightly. "There's enough for everyone at your work to have at least two and I figured you guys could finally start wearing them at work to look more professional."

She gently stroked his cheek with her thumb, "I really have no idea how to thank you. This is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me."

"I'd do anything for a girl like you. You should know that," he smiled. "How's your friend's kid, by the way?"

"She's fine now. I got her to go to sleep, but all she really needed was the night time medicine to make her sleep." She explained, leaving the part where she had actually ended up helping her ex-boyfriend.

"That's good. How about we order take out since our dinner got cut short and we'll pop in a movie and open a bottle of wine?" He suggested.

She smiled, "I'd actually love that. Let me call Elena and let her know I'm going to be home later."

"Don't take too long," he winked.

She held in her blush as she walked out of his office and went back to the view of the city. After four or five rings, Elena finally picked up her phone.

"What do you want? I'm watching my shows," Elena said.

Samantha rolled her eyes, "you reality show junkie. No wonder why you and Jon got along so well. Anyway, I'm at Grant's place right now and I'm going to be out a little longer than I expected."

"Ooh," Elena smirked.

"It's not like that. Our date got cut short because Jon called me about Lizzie and Grant said to meet him back at his place," she explained, "we're ordering take out and watch a movie. That's it."

"You know, it amazes me how you get to see two gorgeous men in one day while I see a bunch of women," she sighed. "Did anything happen while you were with Jon?"

"Why would it?"

Elena sighed, "I don't know. You guys have a weird chemistry."

"This is my second time seeing him since we broke up. There's no chemistry whatsoever," she laughed slightly. "Well I'll let you get back to your shows. I wouldn't want you to miss those Jersey Shore kids getting drunk for the sixth episode in a row!"

"Hey! If Jon was here you know we could take your ass! Don't talk about my show!"

"Goodbye, Elena."

"Goodbye, Samantha," she mocked. "But do me a favor?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll bring left overs home."

Elena scoffed, "no, not that. Just make sure you get your feelings sorted out. Grant and Jon are both amazing guys and I'd hate to see either one get hurt."

"No one is going to get hurt," she said, trying to sound confident in her own words.

"You can't promise that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy birthday, Jon <3

Please give me your feedback! I love hearing from you guys!