Status: Active

Not Over You

quatre

"Thank you for dinner sweetheart. You didn't have to take us anywhere this nice," Andree smiled, "I know you and your father would much prefer a burger place."

"Well I thought I should treat you guys for all you've done," Jon smiled back.

Bryan rolled his eyes, "what do you want?"

"Nothing," Jon laughed, "I'm trying to do something nice for you guys."

Andree playfully hit her husband and told him to be nice to their son. They finished up their dessert and Jon paid the bill. His parents were in town for a few days to visit Jon since they haven't seen him since Christmas due to his busy schedule. He and his parents were heading out of the restaurant when he ran into Elena.

"Hi Jon," she smiled, "are these your folks?"

Jon nodded, "this is my mom Andree and my dad Bryan. This is Elena, she's Sam's friend."

"It's nice to meet you. You're so beautiful," Andree complimented.

"Oh thank you. You did a wonderful job raising Jon. He's so well mannered."

Jon loudly cleared his throat. "Mom, dad, why don't you go to the car? I'll meet up with you in a second."

His parents agreed and headed to the car as Jon and Elena stood outside. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked down to Elena.

"You're so sweet taking your parents out," she giggled.

He pushed her lightly, "shut up. So who's the lucky guy meeting you here?"

Elena rolled her eyes, "unfortunately for me, my date is a gay man in his thirties."

"Ah, a business meeting," he chuckled, "good luck."

She smirked, "thanks. Good luck with the parents."

Jon and Elena exchanged a quick hug before he walked back to his car. His parents were already buckled up and ready to leave when he reached the car. He got settled himself to drive them back to his loft.

"Elena is a sweet girl," Andree said from the backseat. "You said she was Samantha's friend, correct?"

"Hun, stay out of this," Bryan sighed.

"Dad, it's fine," Jon mumbled, "yeah, she's Sam's friend. They live together in the city."

"What ever happened to her? She was the only girl you seemed to be fond over," she said.

Jon rolled his eyes as he stopped at a red light. "Things just didn't work out, mom. Can we just drop it? Please?"

"Alright, I'm sorry," she apologized.

The rest of the car ride was silent. The awkward tension in the air was thick, and Jon hated it. When they reached Jon's loft, His parents decided to go to bed foe the night. Jon decided to go out for a bit since it was a Saturday night. He chose to take a cab to the city and stopped at a local corner store before meeting Kaner at the club a few blocks away.

Jon walked to the drink section and grabbed his favorite drink, the blue colored Powerade. Once he had his drink, Jon walked towards the cash register to pay and passed by a familiar face.

"What are you doing out here this late at night?" Jon asked.

Samantha gave him a smirk, "I could ask you the same thing, especially since you don't live in this part of town."

He shrugged, "I got bored and decided to take a cab to go around town. What's your excuse?"

"I got bored," she smiled, using Jon's excuse. "You going anywhere special after this?"

"No," he lied smoothly. "What do you have in mind?"

"You wanna bake cookies and watch movies, like old times?"

"That actually sounds pretty fun," he smiled, "I'm in."

Samantha and Jon went to go pay for their things separately before they headed towards her apartment. They definitely got a few looks as they walked down the street. He was dressed in a suit with no tie, and she was wearing shorts and a tank top.

"Listen, I'm sorry about everything I said at Lizzie's party. I didn't have any right to say all those things about him."

"It's okay," she said, taking her keys out of her pocket. "Thanks for apologizing. It takes a lot of balls to do that."

He took of his suit jacket and hung it over a chair she had. "It’s good to see you're as classy as ever."

She laughed as she took eggs and milk out of the fridge. "It's nice to see you shaved that disgusting beard off."

"I looked good with it on," he defended himself.

"Yeah," she snorted, "and I'm not a girl."

Jon gave her the middle finger as she started putting the cookie ingredients into the bowl. She stopped what she was doing to flash him the finger as well.

"I'm glad that were one of those ex's that can actually still be friends," he said as he watched her mix everything together. "We just didn't work out as a couple."

"Um, I'm pretty sure you broke up with me," she reminded him, "So it didn't work out for me. It worked out perfectly fine for you."

"You're really going to play that card on me right now? Just the other day you said that you didn't want to kill me and you're the one who obviously moved on!" He yelled, "You remember your boyfriend, don't you?"

"Grant has absolutely nothing to do with this! And don't act like you didn't know that I was upset. It was so obvious that I was blinded by the break up!" She shouted back, "God this is what I hate about you! You act like you're the only one who gets hurt!"

"No I don't!" He hissed, knocking over the empty egg carton. "You always act like you're so damn mellow but I know how you really are. You're a stupid drama queen who always wants people to feel sorry for her!"

"What? You're fucking crazy, Jon! Where the hell are you getting these fuckin' ideas from?"

"I'm not making this shit up!" He glared, walking up to her, "see, this is why we broke up! All we did was fight all the goddamn time! You always accused me of stupid shit!"

She walked up to him so that they were almost nose to nose. "And all you cared about was having fun and how your hockey image was!"

"That's my fuckin' job! Of course I'm gonna care what my image is!" He spat, "Did all those gas fumes get to your damn head?"

She put her hands on his cheat and shoved him. He only moved back a few steps before she stormed away. "Fuck you, Jon!"

"You already did," he retorted.

Stopping in the middle of the hall way, she turned on her heels and stomped her way back to the kitchen. "You're really mature, Jon. I don't even know what I even saw in your in the first place!"

"I don't know what I saw in you either. If I knew you were going to be such a bitch I would've never gone out with you!" He barked.

"If I knew you were an arrogant jerk I wouldn't have gone out with either," she said, putting her hands on her hips. "You're more than welcome to leave now."

"I'd be glad to."

Jon turned around and snatched his jacket off of the chair. He slammed her door shut in anger. She let out a sigh and rubbed her neck before she picked up the empty egg carton off of the ground. She quickly regretted inviting him over, but had no idea that they would end up getting into a fight like this. As she began to ball the cookie dough into little balls, there was a knock on her door.

"Jon, if you're here to yell at me again, I really don't want to hear it now," she said, opening her door.

"You know what I liked most about our fights?"

"What's what?"

"I get to do this right afterwards," he said, stepping into her apartment, and kissing her roughly on the lips before pushing her onto the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this one is so short but I felt like I just had to update! Thank you guys for the feedback on the last chapter. Another three comments and I'll update again really soon, because I know there are 53 of you subscribed to this story (;