Status: Active

Not Over You

cinq

The city of Chicago applauded Mayor Daley after he made his speech about the fundraiser they held for the city's education. Children, parents, important political figures, and even sports starts were at this even to help fund education. There were games, sports signings, and a bake sale to help out the event.

Sweet September was the main one selling their baked goods. Samantha and some of her workers wore the shirts Grant had gotten her. Things were selling fast and it couldn't have gone any better. One of the workers actually had to go back to the bakery to go and pick up more food. Their Blackhawk cupcakes were selling the fastest since they had just recently won the Stanley Cup.

"Hey there, busy bee," Grant smiled down at her.

She quickly glanced up as she was piping the icing on the cupcake. "Hi babe," she smiled, "I'm going on break in five minutes. I'll meet you by the food stands."

"Okay, take your time."

She finished piping the icing on the cupcakes so Anna could finish the decorations. Once she was finished, Anna watched over the stand so Samantha could take her break. Excited to see Grant, she ran over to meet him at the food stand. He stood there drinking some water as he waited for her. She tackled him from behind and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Whoa there," he laughed, "someone's happy."

"I am! Business is booming and I've gotten so many offers and some of them are even heading over after the charity is over!" She smiled, "this is the best day ever!"

"I can make it even better," he smirked, "I want you to meet someone."

Before she could even say anything, he grabbed her hand and led her through the busy crowd. She had no idea where they were heading but trusted Grant. She saw how they were in the sports section of the event. The athletes had tents set up where the kids could do a meet and greet with them.

"Grant, where are we going?"

"Well, I know how you're a huge Blackhawks fan and I actually ran into one of them," he brightly smiled. She smiled at how he was acting with her. It was so cute and somehow innocent on how he was going to introduce her to the team, even though she had already met all of them. Grant tapped one of the guys on the shoulder, making him turn around. "Sam, this is Jo-"

"Jon," she gasped.

A huge smirk came upon Jon's face. "Hi there, I'm Jonathan Toews," he held out his hand for her to shake. Going along with the act, she shook his hand. "You're right Grant, she is beautiful."

"I told you so. She's a huge fan of your team, " Grant said to him, "You should've seen her when you guys won the Stanley cup."

"It's always great to see a fan," Jon smiled, earning a glare from Samantha.

"Well, I'll leave you two crazy kids alone for a bit. I know it's not every day you get to meet someone you admire."

Samantha tried convincing Grant to stay, but he insisted that he'd leave. He kissed her cheek before walking away. She turned around and saw that Jon still had a smirk on his face. She wanted to hit him so badly but didn't since there were so many children around. Her violence wouldn't look too good for her business either.

"You're such an asshole," she hissed.

He held his hands up in defense, "hey, I seriously had no idea that was your Grant. If I knew I would have made an excuse to not meet you."

"How did you two even meet anyway?"

"Our stand is right near the Chicago Bulls. He was in line and then saw me and just walked over," he explained, "I can see why you're with him now. He's pretty charming. I never agreed to meet a fan so quick before."

She sighed, "I don't need your smart ass remarks. I'm leaving now."

Jon stopped her from fully turning around when he grabbed her shoulder. "Wait, can we talk for a second?"

"Why? You're being a dick to me."

"We have to talk about two weeks ago. Are we just going to keep ignoring this?" He asked.

"Jon," she sighed, "you made your point in the fight and I made mine. We have nothing left to do with each other."

She left Jon standing there with a frown on both of their faces. She walked around and found Grant talking to a few guys. When he saw her walking in his direction, he excused himself from the current conversation he was in and walked towards her.

"What's wrong?" He questioned sweetly. "Did everything go okay with Jon?"

She shrugged, "he's just not what I imagined to be. Do you wanna grab a quick bite to eat before I have to go back to work?"

Grant smiled, "I'd love to."

Her frown instantly turned upside down as Grant grabbed her hand. Jon watched the two of them walk away as Brent Seabrook called him over to go back to the signing. He walked over with a glum look on his face, but put on a smile for his young fans.

"You alright?" Seabs asked, glancing at Jon.

"Peachy," he mumbled before turning to the young boy in front of him. "Hey there, bud. What's your name?" He asked in a cheery voice.

Image


Samantha kicked her feet up on the coffee table as her eyes were glued on her TV. Work had been busy this week and she was happy she could finally relax. She was so tired, she wasn't even sure if she wanted to hang out with Grant or not. She heard the door open followed by Elena's giggles. As soon as she turned around, Elena's eyes went wide and pushed who ever she was with back into the hallway.

"Who did you just push?" She asked.

"No one," Elena smiled, "just give me a second."

Elena shut the door, leaving Samantha sitting there confused. She turned back around to watch TV and lowered the volume to try and eavesdrop on Elena and her friend. All she could tell that it was a male, but couldn't tell whose voice it was, although it was very familiar. A few minutes later, Elena walked in, making Samantha turn up the volume to its normal setting.

"Who was that?" Samantha questioned as she followed Elena to her room.

"I told you, it was no one," she smiled. "What do you wanna do for dinner?"

"Elena, tell me who that was," she said sternly, "when have we ever kept secrets from each other?"

"When you decided to not tell me about you and Jon."

She stared at Elena for a few moments before being able to speak. "H-how did you know about that?"

"Jon told Kaner, and Kaner basically told everyone else," she explained.

"Wait, then that means you had to talk to someone from the team. Were you just with one of Jon's teammates?" Samantha asked. This time, it was Elena's turn to just stare. "It was! Who was it? Seabrook? Crawford? Burish? Who, Elena!?"

"I don't wanna say anything yet," she sighed, "it's not serious at all. We literally ran into each other twice and you guys just came up. I don't even know if he's serious about me."

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Look, as your best friend, I have a right to say you're trying way too hard to have a boyfriend."

Elena sighed, "That's easy for you to say. You have two of them already!" Samantha sighed heavily at her comment. "Look, it's not like I'm settling for just anyone. Is it wrong for me to want to be with someone?"

"Of course not! You're just-"

"Just what, Sam? Look, I love you and all, but if I want relationship advice I wouldn't get it from you. You and Jon seemed more like friends with benefits and Grant is in so much more in love with you than you are with him. You'd be the last person I'd go to for advice like this."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for your feedback! I'm so glad that you guys like this story. As I promised, here's a little update for you. Be a little patient! We'll find out more about Jon and Sam soon!

Please keep up your comments and I'll keep updating!