Status: Active

Not Over You

sept

It was the last week in June of the year 2009. An alarm went off at eight in the morning, making Jon groan loudly from being woken up from his peaceful slumber. His big hand swatted the alarm off before resting back in bed. His arm curled around the waist of the nude body next to his as his face was close to her bare shoulder. He lay comfortably on his stomach as she squirmed underneath his big, muscular arm.

She covered her mouth with her hand as she let out a yawn. "Didn't I tell you last night that I don't cuddle?" Samantha asked, sleepily looking down at Jon.

He cracked a smile as his eyes were still closed, not wanting to see the dirty look he knew she was giving him. "It was an accident, I swear," he mumbled, "I'm not used to having another person in my bed."

"Hmm, I'm sure," she said, shoving his heavy arm off of herself and rolling to her side. Her bare back was facing him as she shut her eyes to try and catch an extra hour of sleep.

"Are you asleep?" Jon asked, shaking her body lightly.

Samantha rolled over to face Jon and saw that his back was already against the headboard. One arm rested behind his bead was the other laid across his stomach. "You know, you're not very good at this one night stand thing."

"Excuse you; I know what I'm doing. I just like bothering you," he admitted. "I'm glad I ran into you yesterday, but I could have gone without the physical abuse and that vulgar language."

She smirked over at him, "You're the one who knocked a whole tray of cupcakes out of my hands. Of course I was going to beat the shit out of you."

He laughed, "And I ended up taking you home and even got to eat some of your cupcakes. Sounds like a good day to me." He smiled proudly at himself.

She snorted at his comment as she grabbed his boxers off of the floor and threw it at his chest. "The least you could do to make it up to me is make me breakfast."

"Whoa, I thought last night was paying you back for what I did?" He asked, watching her get dressed. She held back the dirty look she was dying to give him. He didn't even know her for a full 24 hours and he already knew that she wanted to say something bad to him.

"Oh, no, the sex was for knocking the cupcakes over. The breakfast was for eating the cupcakes since you didn't pay for them," she said, giving him a cheeky smile.

"I can only make omelets," he said, slipping on his boxers.

"Then hop to it, hockey boy," she said pointing out the door. "I don't have all day. Today is my day off and I'd like to get home and relax."

"You have got to be the bossiest girl I've ever been with." He said walking towards the kitchen. "Why don't you try lying and pretend you're perfect like most girls do?"

Samantha shrugged as she followed him to his kitchen. "I'm trying out something new where I actually act like myself and see how many guys will actually stay around."

Jon looked over at her as he stood in front of his fridge. She was looking at all his medals and awards that he's won over the years. He noticed how she smiled when she saw his MVP award from when he was only five years old. But while she was busy gazing around his condo, he couldn't help but feel confused.

The stories that he heard from Patrick Kane about his one night stands were nothing like the one he had last night with this particular girl. Kane actually gave tips to Jon about one night stands their second day of meeting, even though Jon never asked or really cared. The first rule was to never have it at your house; which was a rule Jon had already broken. Even with all those "rules" Kane told him about, the thing that was the biggest difference was the type of girls they've been with.

"You know, for a hockey player, this omelet isn't so bad," she complimented.

"Um thanks, I think," he mumbled. "Can I ask you something?"

"I guess so," she said before taking another bite.

He put his fork down since he was already finished with his food and wiped his mouth. "If I didn't run into you the way I did yesterday, and we met someplace else, do you think you would keep talking to me?"

She giggled, "Why are you asking that?"

He blushed lightly, feeling embarrassed and stupid for even thinking he would get a serious answer from her. "I just...want to know what would happen if we kept this going."

She put her fork down before leaning back into her chair. She wasn't sure what he was exactly asking for from her. But she didn't know what harm could happen from going on a date with him. So what if it turned out to be a bad date? He would be just another guy to cross off her list.

"Are you asking me out on a date Jonathan?" She smiled, crossing her arms over her chest.

He groaned and tossed his head back, "don't call me by my full name. And yes, I guess I am."

"So let me get this straight. You knock a tray full of cupcakes over and made me work overtime; you kept showing up at my bakery to apologize-"

He cut in, "I felt bad."

"I'm sure you did. And you somehow managed to get me to sleep with you and now you're asking me for a date?"

"In my defense, you came out of nowhere and that's the only reason why I knocked you over. And if I didn't come to your bakery to apologize, all of those customers that came wouldn't have even walked in. So now it's like you owe me," he countered back.

"You're right," she admitted. She took a final bite of her breakfast before getting up and putting her plate in the sink. She walked back into Jon's bedroom to gather up the rest of her things before reappearing. "So I'll meet you here around seven?"

He gave her a quizzical stare as he followed her to his front door. "What are you talking about?" He asked her, thinking that he was going to pick her up at her apartment.

She put her bag over her shoulder before opening his door. "Well after all, you did say I was the one who owed you. So technically I have to take you out on that date. I'll come by around seven and we'll take it from there, okay?"

She pecked his cheek before casually walking out his door. Jon stood there for a few moments before closing the door. He didn't understand what had just happened or if it actually did happen. He snapped out of his thoughts and went to his room to call someone for advice. He dialed Kane's number, but he didn't answer. Jon figured since it was before noon, Kane wouldn't be up just yet. In the meantime, he took a shower to kill some time.

Around half past eleven, Jon tried calling Kane again. Thankfully he answered this time.

"Jon, it's early in the morning. What do you want?" Kane groaned into the phone.

"Hockey season ended not too long ago and you're already messing up your sleeping schedule?"

Kane sighed into the phone. "What the hell do you want, Tazer?"

"I just have one question," he began. "Is it normal for a girl to take you out on a date instead of the other way around?"

"I guess so, man. If women are allowed to work and be President I see nothing wrong with a girl talking a man out on a date."

Jon smirked, "you're still at girl’s house and trying to get laid again, aren't you?"

"Oh you have no idea. You wanna meet up at Darla's for a late lunch and tell me what this is all about?" Kane asked, referring to their favorite diner.

"Yes, because if I don't get some sort of advice now I think my head's going to explode."

Image


Jon looked around the restaurant they were at. It was a very interesting place filled with odd people. Some people wore business suits, while others were covered in tattoos and held bike helmets by their side. Samantha sat there, feeling relaxed and casual. She noticed Jon's odd attitude and ended up smiling.

"I know this place is weird and a bit out of the way, but I saw this place on Food Network and I heard they had the best burgers," she gushed, "give it a chance, Johnny boy."

"Hey, I'm all for taking risks." He smiled back. "Can I ask you something else?"

She jokingly groaned. He seemed to do nothing but ask questions. "What is it?"

"Do you watch hockey at all?"

She shook her head, "hockey isn't that big where I'm from. I grew up being a huge baseball fan thanks to my dad. If you ask my anything about the players or rules I couldn't tell you a thing. Why do you ask?"

"Usually girls who don't know much about hockey, I tend to enjoy being with more. It's like I can get away from work when I'm in my personal life, you know?" He asked her as the server bought their drinks over. She told him she understood how he felt, but she honestly didn't since she was only a baker. If she ever bought work back home, people were usually happy about it. "Where are you from anyway?"

"Tennessee," she said with a sheepish smile. "What about you?"

He sipped he soda, "Winnipeg."

She laughed, "Where the hell is that at?"

That was how the rest of their date went. Whenever he had said something, she would tease him. Whenever she said something, he would tease her back. She was the first girl that he met where she could handle whatever she could dish out. Surely what they were doing wasn't normal. Speaking for himself, Jon didn't know anybody that slept with a person first and then went out on a date.

"It's my turn to ask a question," she said, watching Jon pay the bill. They both almost got a little physical trying to pay the bill. She said that since she was taking him out on the date, she should be the one paying, but he wouldn't have any of that. "Why do you find me so interesting?"

Jon sat there with the receipt in his hand, not being able to come up with an answer. He thought that since he went through so much trouble trying to get her to go out with him, he could easily come up with an answer for her.

He looked up at her as she sat back in her seat, patiently waiting. "I don't know," he replied. "You're just...really different. It's like you don't care what people think."

"That's because I don't," she chuckled lightly. "You're a lot nicer than most guys I've been with."

He crackled a smile. "Maybe we'll be a good change for each other then."

Jon had no idea how right he was that night. She bought out the little wild side he had in him, and he bought out her calmer side. They weren't lying when they said that opposites attract. The rest of the summer they spent together felt like a teenage movie. They went out on cute dates, crazy dates, lazy dates; you name it, and they did it.

And just like teenagers, they fought like crazy. It would either be something big like Jon forgetting something, or some annoying habit she had that drove Jon crazy. Despite all that fighting, they were still crazy for each other. Their hook ups were always hot and steamy. They both didn’t know if the sex was great because of the connection they actually had with each other, or if it was because they would get each other all worked up beforehand.

One Sunday morning, Samantha woke up earlier than Jon. She decided to go and make him breakfast for once since she always made him cook. She grabbed the gray t-shirt that he wore the previous night, which had his team's logo right on the front and slipped it over her body. With Jon being a little over six feet tall, there was no issue with all of her parts being covered up.

The smell of bacon filled his condo as she heard a door open. She figured Jon had just woken up, so she didn't bother turning around and just waited for him to walk into the kitchen. But a few moments later, she heard two unfamiliar voices and turned off the stove to stop the bacon from sizzling to try and listen to those voices clearly. A loud gasp came from behind her. When she turned around, she was facing a man and a woman, roughly around her own parents’ age.

Samantha gave them an awkward smile before starting to panic. "Bacon?"

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Jon's voice came from beside her. He walked out of his bedroom in just his boxers and his eyes went wide once he saw his parents. "Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?"

"You invited us over back in June!" His mother said, not being able to take her eyes off of the woman who was almost completely nude in front of her. "Your brother is supposed to be coming in a few hours since he booked a different flight."

He began to curse at himself, completely forgetting that his family was coming down to visit for the week. Samantha swallowed the dry lump in her throat before putting the spatula down and excusing herself from the kitchen. She quickly walked into Jon's room and felt him following close behind.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized once closing the door. "I completely forgot they were even coming."

"It was only an accident," she smiled. "Such a great way to meet the parents, huh? I bet your mom liked how I was only wearing her son's t-shirt. She probably things I'm a slut now or something."

He shook his head, "she would never do that. She knows how much I like you."

A shy smile crept up on her lips as she turned away to hide the blush that was trying to creep up on her face. He chuckled lowly before pulling her body into his. Her head rested on his shoulder as his arms wrapped securely around her wait.

“I told you this wasn’t going to be a waste of time,” he smiled down at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a very long time since I've updated, but I want you guys to know that I'm never giving up on this story. Updates may be really slow, but I will never delete this or discontinue it.

I loved the feedback you guys gave me on the last chapter! So the usual 3 comments or so and I'll update real soon? (: