Status: Active; Updates per subscriber or comment (:

Wings of Rebellion

III

I don’t know what’s worse; getting your hair pulled from your body or getting my nails done. My prep team was a bunch of women hungry guys that stared at my body every chance they got. It was nasty, so horribly nasty that when I was just about to say something my actual stylist walked in.

He favored my mother’s stylist that she had when she was forced into the Hunger Games. Cinna was his name if I recall. The man that stood before me had his same brown hair. That’s all that really stuck out about him to me. He asked,” Would you like to put a robe on? I know those guys were creepy. Sorry about that, but I’ll be dressing you and stuff now so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

I quickly wrapped a pale pink robe around me,” Thanks.”

He smiled,” Any thing for Katniss’s daughter.”

I raised an eyebrow,” How do you know? Wait, that’s a dumb question. Everyone knows me since my parents were the face of the rebellion.”

He nodded,” Yeah, my dad was the one who styled your mother. Girl on fire was her theme. I think you’re more of a lightening girl myself.”

I glanced at myself, not getting what he meant.. Lightening was a dangerous type of fire, it killed instantly. I grinned,” Oh, I get it. I’m dangerous.”

He was quick to smile,” Yes, yes you are.” He pulled a dress from a bag that laid on the couch. It was a long beautiful dark blue dress with lightening bolts charging against the background. It was breathtaking.

I sighed,” That’s to pretty for me.”

He frowned,” What are you talking about? You’re absolutely gorgeous.” He pointed to my waist,” Look how tiny you are.” Then toward my hair,” And you have a golden halo for hair.” Then at my face,” And the face of an angel, you even have the wise eyes.”

I blushed,” You’re just saying that.”

Honest burned in his eyes,” No, I’m not. I promise.”

I just kind of sat there until he made me step into the dress, pulling it up over my breast and then zipping up the back. Someone produced a mirror.

Again, I didn’t recognize the girl in the mirror. She had beautiful, wise grey eyes and golden blond hair. Her face was flawless and her huge eyes that she had inherited from her mother were perfect. I touched the mirror and mouthed,” Beautiful.”

Cinna’s son grinned,” See I told you. I wonder how your counterpart is doing. Drew’s his name I think. We are going to present you two as a team like that did for your father and mother.”
I scowled,” No.”

He just shrugged,” You really don’t have a say..”

I glared but remained quiet because he was right. He could put me in some coal miner’s get up. That’s just say that definitely wouldn’t get me sponsors. They would be to repulsed.

He smirked, knowing he had won the battle. He sat a pair of silver high heels in front of me. “ Here put these on.”

I almost fell out of thin air. Heels. They would kill me before I even made it to the chariot. I shook my head fervently. “ I can’t, I’ll die. I’ll trip over something and fall onto a knife or something sharp and die.”

He just laughed before shoving me forward,” Just put them on. No lip, put them on.”

I pressed my lips in a firm, tight line. “ No.”

He picked me up and put the shoes on then put clear tape around the shoe/foot to where I couldn’t get out of them. “ There. Now try to walk with them.”

I growled,” Take these death traps off me!” I wiggled my feet in attempt to shake them off but it didn’t work. They were still securely taped to my feet after I was finished, still shining. I tossed my head to throw the perfect curls out of my face. Beauty comes at a price. A huge price.

He just chuckled at me before ushering me out of the room and to the chariot. Drew was already there in a stunning black tux with lightening bolts on the vest. His dark hair was brushed above his eyes, leaving his bright sky blue eyes to sparkle. He took my hand,” You look beautiful.”

I blushed but then remembered the random staring in my room. I jerked it away from me and glared,” Don’t talk to me.”

He gave me a confused look,” Why?”

I just eyed him with as much hate I could muster. Cinna’s son, whose name I really need to figure out, walked up. He just shook his head,” Hey, hold hands. We need to show you guys off as a pair.”

My heart sank,” You aren’t going to make us out as a romantically involved couple, are you?”

He nodded,” It helped your mother and father but think having had your mother gone through it and now you. It will play up even more on their sympathy which will gain you some sponsors.”

I fervently shook my head,” No, I won’t do it.” He didn’t understand. I had someone at home. I wanted to be with them and after the Hunger Games, I was going to ask them. I’d be trapped if we decided to play up as a couple.

He grimaced,” I’m sorry about you have no choice.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've decided whether anyone likes this story I'm going to keep writing. (: So stay silent or comment, that's your choice! Have a good day :D