Status: Story on HIATUS. Possible deletion. :(

So Just Fly With Me

In Too Deep

-Craig's POV-

I sped home so fast that I was surprised I didn't get pulled over. I was cursing at myself the whole time, knowing that I had fucked up, and I knew that it wasn't going to turn out good. When I got home, I ran inside, screaming for whoever was around.

“Matt!? Nick!? Anybody!?” I shouted, running through the house shouting more curse words. All the rooms were empty until I hit the last one where I saw Matt sleeping. “Matt!” I shouted, leaping onto the bed.

“What the fuck man!?” He shouted angrily as he woke up.

“I'm in deep shit. I'm in super deep shit.”

“Dude, what'd you do? You finally fuck your boss' daughter or something?” he asked jokingly, laughing until he saw my look. “Fuck me, did you really?”

I nodded slowly. “Come on, man, you know about her and I.”

“Yeah, that you kept it a secret for a year, and you just now got fucking busted?”

“They were gone, and were supposed to be gone for an hour, but they fucking showed up and saw us,” I said, wiping my hand over my face, taking a breath. “I don't know what to do. I can't leave her, but I can't go back. I promised her that we'd run away together.”

“Answer me this: How do you know you're in deep shit?

“People are scared of her father. I have no idea what he does for a living, but as far as she goes, I wasn't even allowed to glance at her, let alone talk to her.”

“Okay, okay. Calm down first of all. Here's what we're gonna do. Lay low for a while. Let things blow over for a bit, and then when the time is right, get in touch with her and go pick her up one night. Then you just take off out of town.”

“I can't leave you guys here though.”

“We'll come meet you whenever you find a place to settle. Look, if you don't bother the situation, it'll be fine. It's not like he's gonna send any thugs after you. He's a grown ass man, I'm sure he knows that shit happens.”

I sighed. “I hope you're right. I need to lay down.” I walked out of Matt's room and went to my own, belly flopping onto my bed. I was upset with myself for letting us get caught, and I had no way to get a hold of her right now because I didn't have a phone. The one I did have was broken and I didn't want to waste money on a new one. It was now a decision I came to regret.

* * *


I laid low at home for a little over a week, barely leaving my room. My roommates knew what was going on and knew what was being planned. As tight-knit as we were as a group, I was surprised that they backed me up with the plan I had. I'd never split up our group, but they agreed to leave town when the time was right. The plan so far was to just get far away from here and start over. They'd eventually join us and we'd all start our lives over. I knew they were as ready for some change as much as I was.

The time went by uneventfully, and I had been trying to find Lisa's number to contact her. I had the plan thought out and needed to tell her. During the time I was tearing apart my room, I heard the doorbell ring and someone answer it. I thought nothing of it until I heard the shouting. I pressed my ear to my closed door to listen, hearing Aaron's voice.

“Look, man. I don't know what happened, but he's not here. I haven't seen him since last week!”

“Bullshit. You know where he is. Where the fuck is he?” The voice belonged to her father, and I felt my stomach flip.

“I don't know! He hasn't been here! What part of this do you not fucking understand!? Now will you get the fuck out of here?”

“You know where he is and he's dead for what he did to my daughter. That scumbag knew he wasn't even allowed to look at her, and now he's dead for violating her like he did.”

“Well, I don't know what the fuck to tell you. He's probably long gone out of town because he didn't want to face you losers.”

“Let him know he's a dead man.”

I heard a door slam after that, then footsteps running towards my room before the door busted open. There was a sinking feeling in my stomach until I saw that it was only Aaron. “Dude...” he started.

“I know. I heard the whole thing.” My head hung. “Saying that I raped her...god damn.

“Look, we know you didn't rape her. You love her, and she loves you. I just think you need to do what you have to do like now, and get the hell out of town. I for one don't wanna see my best friend turn up dead.”

“Yeah. I need your phone so I can get a hold of her. I just have to find her number.” I got up and continued tearing my room apart.

“So any idea where you're gonna go?”

“Not sure yet. For now probably some little bum-fuck town that's barely on a map. We'll talk about it when everyone else gets home.”

Aaron gave me his phone and when I found Lisa's number, I sent her a text message. Baby, it's Craig, on my friend's phone. We're coming to get you really soon, I promise. Then we can get the hell out of here and live the life we want. I'll be in touch. I love you. A few hours later, I had everything planned out except for where we'd go. Everyone was back, so I gathered them all in the kitchen to explain what I had in mind.

“First I'm waiting for her to get back in touch with me, and then the plan will be set into motion. Matt, we'll go to her house in your car and get her after dark. We'll come back here to get a few things together, switch to my car and take off. We'll all stay in touch, and when we find a place we can afford we'll call with the details. You guys can then come out, and then we'll settle where ever we end up for a while. We'll just go from there then and figure out what we wanna do. I'm sorry it had to turn out this way guys.”

“We understand,” Nick started up. “We knew when you first told us about her that we'd probably be leaving here. Of course the circumstances are not what we wanted, but we're a team, and we stick together. If we have to add an extra member, then so be it. It'll be nice to have a girl around.”

I smiled at Nick, and then at the rest of my friends when I knew I had their support. “Thanks guys.”

“Just next time, don't fall in love with someone you're not supposed to,” Adam said jokingly.

I punched him playfully. “Fuck off man. There won't be a next time anyways.”

After we hung out for a while and ate, I turned in for the night. I was almost asleep when Aaron knocked and walked in. “She's on the phone for you,” he said, holding his phone to me.

I grabbed it and put it to my ear. “Lisa?”

“I just needed to hear your voice,” she said softly, her voice sounding like she'd been crying. “When are you coming?”

“Tomorrow? If you can get a few things you need together, my buddy and I will be in the area, and we'll be in his car so we won't be easily recognized if we did see your dad.”

“Just hurry. You need to get out of town fast. He wants you dead, and I've tried to reason with him, but he's not listening.”

“I know, baby. He was here earlier looking for me, but I have four other friends that are looking out for me. We'll be there tomorrow hiding out, and as soon as night falls, I'll be in touch again.”

“I'll be in the backyard. Just give a signal when you're around.”

“We'll be there, and like I said earlier, we're gonna go far away and we'll figure it out from there.”

“This would be so much easier if my dad would just understand.” She sniffled again.

“I know...” I hung my head and sighed. “You're not crying are you?”

“I pretty much haven't stopped since the last time I saw you. At least when you were working I'd get to see you almost everyday even if we didn't talk.”

“Tomorrow night that'll change. Nine o'clock, just be outside. I know where there's a weak spot in the bushes in the back. Alright?”

“Alright. I'll pack a bag now.”

“I love you, sweetheart. Don't forget that.”

“I love you too.”

The line disconnected and I brought the phone back to Aaron. I slept uneasily through the night. A mixture of excitement and nervousness was running through me. I just wanted to get out of here with my friends and the person I loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still kind of boring, but it'll get better. =D Sorry for slow updates, I've been just working and sleeping essentially for the last month or so. Kind of sucks writing this story now since the band DRUGS who are featured in this story have recently broken up :(

Thanks HannahhhFranceschi for commenting!!! Comments mean a lot to me. =)