Running away

"Theres something you need to know"

Rachel looked at her mum surprised, she didnt know what to say, but she was so angry. She pushed her away "What do you care?" she mumbled.
"Rachel dont say that, I love you" her mum smiled at her
"You love me?, then why do you sit back and let him use me as his own personal puching bag, you dont even talk or look at me and now you come waltcing in here and tell me you love me, well you can keep your love, i dont want it" Rachel began to raise her voice, all these emotions she had been keeping inside herself for so long just began to pour out of her like blood from a wound. Rachel ignored the pain that shot through her and heaved herself up to face her mum.
"Im sorry" her mum cried "I never meant for it to get this far"
Rachel looked at her mum, something told her that this wasnt just about the beating earlier that day.
"What do you meen get this far? You should of done something all those years ago when it started, When he started to hurt me, Your my mum your suppost to protect me" Rachel paused "and hes my dad....................hes suppost to love me, why does he hate me mum? What did I do?"
"Theres something I need to tell you" her mum said clearing her throat. Rachel looked at her confused, what was she talking about.
"What is it?" she asked
"he.........................." her mum paused "Hes not your dad"

Rachels heart stopped, not her dad?
"What!" Rachel yelled
"shhhhhh" her mum hushed "dont be too loud, youll wake him"
"Steves not my dad?" Rachel whispered, her mum shook her head. Rachel felt her eyes fill up with tears "Then who is?"
"Ryan Matthews" her mum mumbled.
"You meen all these years" Rachel stopped, she couldnt finish the sentence, she felt sick, sick and angry.
"I had only known him for a while, he got me pregnant, stayed with me for 1 year after you were born, then left to be in the army"
"Then how did you end up with Steve?" Rachel whispered
"I was a mess, Steve helped me, he was there for me, and you were so young, you needed a dad and when he came up with the idea i just went with it"
" Even after he started beating me!" Rachel said angrily, She couldnt believe it, all these years her mum had been lying to her. "GET OUT" Rachel yelled.
"But Rachel"
"Get out!" Rachel said sternly looking at her mum with the most serious expresion that had ever been on her face. Her mum left. Rachel leaned back on her pillow, she couldnt cry, she had too many emotions swirling around inside her, she didnt know whether to laugh or cry. She had the sudden urdge to do something terrible, she wanted to die, she wanted to go get a knife from the cupboard and kill herself and if she could move she probably would. She lay on the bed in silence until reality finally hit her, making her feel better, Steve wasnt her dad. A buzz of excitement passed through Rachel Ryan Matthews was her dad, and he was out there somewhere, Rachel had to find him.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please, i know that if someone doesnt like a story they dont say anything but it would help, please