I Could Use Somebody

Eight.

We got to Bucks and I waited by the car while Dally went inside to get the keys.

“Hey Nicole.” I turned and saw Tim walking towards me.

“Not a good time, Tim. Dally should be coming out soon...”

Dally cut me off. “Get in the car.” Without saying anything, I did as I was told.

Dally and Tim had a love hate relationship. It had been more on the hate side since I hooked up with Tim, but now that Dally knew why I did it I figured they would be alright. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Dally talking to Tim. I turned my head and leaned back in the seat as the car door opened. Dally got in and started the car.

“Everything alright?”

He backed out of the driveway and started speeding down the road. I almost forgot how bad of a driver he was.

“Everything's fine.”

I started messing around with the radio since it was so quiet. I finally found a good song when Dally turned the radio off.

“Are you kidding? I don't wanna sit in silence, Dally. It's awkward.”

He kept his eyes on the road.

“What are we doing?”

I looked at him. “What do you mean, what are we doing? We're going to see Pony and Johnny...”

He started shaking his head. “No. Us. What is this? What are we doing? Do you wanna try this again?”

I understood what he was talking about now. I shrugged my shoulders. “I don't see why we shouldn't. Neither of use really did anything to hurt each other, right?”

He looked at me, then knocked on my head with his knuckles. “Anyone home?”

I slapped his hand away because he was getting ashes in my hair.

“If the guys hadn't said that you were cheating on me, I would've never went to Tim's that night. I did it to get back at you.”

He laughed, then flicked his cigarette out the window. “It worked.”

It was quiet for a couple minutes, then his voice got serious.

“Listen, I'm willing to try this again. But this time if someone says I'm cheatin' on you, you ask me first. Got it?”

I rolled my eyes. “And what makes you think I wanna try this again, huh?”

He started laughing, then reached over and grabbed my hand. I pulled it away for a second and turned the radio back on, then laced my fingers with his again.

“Up and at 'em. Let's go.”

I opened my eyes and was confused until I remembered where I was. Dally opened the door and put out his hand. I got out and stretched.

“You're ugly when you're asleep.”

I pushed him. “Alright, asshole. You're ugly when you're awake.”

He laughed, then put his arm around my neck and kissed my head. We started walking.

“I'm just kidding. You always look beautiful.” I shook my head. “Yeah,yeah.”

After five minutes of walking we got to the church. Dally went and looked in one of the cracks on the side of the church, then stuck his hand out to me. I followed him around the corner to the entrance. The first thing I saw was a head of blonde hair hanging off of a church pew.

“You sure this is where they're hiding?”