‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"I loved it."

I woke up to Gerard shifting over and sitting up. I groaned slightly, and he mumbled something incoherently.

"Biz!" he exclaimed and jumped out of the bed, "You're gonna drop her!"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes; Busy had been carrying Thora, "I-I wanted to bring her."

Gerard had picked Thora up and I beckoned Busy to me, "You should've woke me up." he muttered.

"I was surprisin' you." she said, "I'm sorry."

I picked Busy up and let her crawl in between us, "It's okay, B." I kissed her head.

"You mad, daddy?" Busy asked.

"No, just scared me." he laid right back down, letting Thora snooze on his chest, "How did you get her out of the crib?"

"Franny teach me how." she said proudly.

"How?"

"She taught Busy how to unhinge the side in case of an emergency." I explained.

"Good job," Gerard chuckled, "Now, let's sleep for a little bit longer. Daddy's tired."

"Kay." Busy snuggled up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Mommy I can't sleep." she whispered.

I smiled, "Me either, but let's pretend until Daddy starts to snore."

It didn't take long for Gerard to start snoring, and then Busy and I got up. She ran off to her room, with me behind her, "You need to take a bath, B."

She frowned at me, "Do I hafta?"

"Yes, you hafta, you can't stay smelly like your dad all the time."

"I like the way daddy smells."

"Ew, Biz." she giggled, "C'mon. You get to see Frankie later, too."

Busy sighed dramatically, "Fine. I hate baths!"

"Wait until you can shower by yourself. You're gonna hate standing up."

Busy went into the bathroom, watching me fill the tub up. Once it was full, I let her get in; "Cannonball?"

"You'll hurt your butt if you cannonball." I told her.

She huffed, "Mama, you no fun."

"I just don't want you to hurt your butt, B. Don't you like your butt?" she nodded, "Then don't cannonball."

She kept shaking her head at me, "No fun. No fun."

"Don't worry, you'll have lots of fun with Frances today."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"What is we doin'?"

"What are we doing, Busy." I corrected her.

She frowned at me with bubbles around her face, "I no like when you do that."

"I'm sorry," I chuckled, "I don't know what you guys will do, but I'm sure Frankie and Fran can't wait to see you."


Busy, Frances and Frank went to take Happy for a walk before it would start to rain. I had finished giving Thora her bath and dressing her when Gerard came in; he had barely woken up from this morning.

"Where's Biz?"

"Frank and Fran came to take her and Happy for a walk."

Gerard rubbed his eyes, "Fuck I was tired. My head kinda hurts."

"You slept for a long time," I picked Thora up, "Say good afternoon, daddy."

He smiled and kissed her forehead, to which she reached out for him. Gerard grinned, taking her, "Daddy missed you, my baby bear."

Thora buried her face against Gerard's chest; "Aw, someone missed you, Gee!"

Gerard kissed Thora's head, "I missed you, too."

I took Gerard's hand and led him to the living room, where he sat with Thora on the floor; "She can stand a little."

"Yeah, Biz told me. The pictures aren't the same." he held Thora up, "Can you walk for me, Thora?"

I knelt with him as Thora held his arm and her little knees wobbled. She smiled at Gerard, giggling as she stood for a moment before falling on her butt. "Good job, baby." I kissed her cheek as Gerard picked her up again.

"Is this how Busy was when she was a baby?" he asked.

I frowned slightly, feeling guilty, "Not really. She hated when I tried to help her up, she wanted to do everything by herself."

"She got that independent streak from you."

"Yeah, I know." 

Gerard set Thora in his lap and gave her a bear; "I brought them some stuff."

"That's why Busy was going through your bag earlier."

"Was she?" he chuckled.

"What'd you get them?"

"Some dolls, but Frank has them; he brought an extra suitcase for shit he wanted to buy on tour."

"I'm sure Biz probably has them now."

Gerard and I were silent as we both focused on Thora. She seemed so content with the bear and pacifier in her mouth. Gerard set her on the floor, then turned to me, "I thought about a lot of shit while on the road, and me and the guys talked."

"What about?"

He rubbed his neck, "After the next tour, we're gonna take a break for awhile. I'm gonna finish up my comic too."

I smiled at him, "That sounds great, Gee."

"Besides, I miss Biz and Thora," he looked at me, "I missed you, too."

"Aw, Gee." I kissed his lips quickly, "You're just makin' me all gushy today."

"Ain't that my job, though," he gave that funny laugh that he rarely ever does; he only does it when he's embarrassed.

I kissed his temple, "I guess so."


As soon as Busy came home she jetted right towards Gerard. She hopped into his lap and hugged him, "Hi daddy!"

"Hi Busy!" he mimicked her enthusiasm.

"You makin' fun of me?" she narrowed her eyes at him. 

Gerard laughed, "No, I'm sorry, Biz."

"Hey, dude," Frank and Fran came in, "Here's your bag, we're gonna head out."

"Thanks." Gerard waved to him, "I'll see you."

"Bye." Frank said quickly, pulling Fran with him.

"What's in there?" Busy asked as she tried to open the bag up.

"Presents." Gerard told her, "I told you I'd bring you back something."

Busy grinned as Gerard opened the bag and handed over crayons and a coloring book. She took them greedily and rushed to the coffee table. There was more, but she didn't seem to care.

Gerard smirked, "Great. What am I suppose to do with the dolls?"

"She'll play with them later." I told him.

He opened the bag again and gave me a velvet soft teddy bear, "This is for Thora."

I took it and walked over to her play pen, where she was snoozing, "Hey, look what daddy brought you." I set the bear near her as she slept.

I went back to the couch, "What'd  you get me?"

Again, he smirked, but his eyes darkened, "Gave it to you last night."

I laughed, "Oh, great."

"You act like it was nothing."

"I was kidding," I kissed his cheek, "I loved it."

"I know you did."
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be a time jump for sure
Sorry about this hump chapter

Thanks for reading!
xoali