‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"You got your wish."

For the next several months, Gerard had done what he set out to do. He began to work on his comic after the final tour of the Black Parade. He was home a lot more, and more hands on with the girls.

He was watching them when Thora ran for the first time. She had ran after Busy and Gerard called me while I was grocery shopping. He was near tears at how happy and excited he was. 

"She just got up and walked and then ran, October!" he mimicked the scene for me.

Thora had did it again when I got home. She was officially a walker; she didn't need our help as much, but Busy was right there to hold her hand. Soon after, she had begun to say a scatter of words. She knew Busy's name and she called Gerard Gee after hearing it from Mikey and I. She was hitting her milestones right on target.

Thora and Busy were growing bigger everyday, it was such an amazing thing to witness. I had taken pictures of then every week, just to see how much they had grown. Being with them had relaxed me even more, my illnesses were always at bay and I was getting so much better.

After two years had passed, Our lives were more than comfortable. Busy had starting school, Gerard had successfully released his comic and Fran and Frankie had decided to marry.

They had decided to do so in the fall; the year Busy started first grade and Thora beginning preschool. Fran had come over after I had picked Thora up from school; she look a bit panicked when I met her on the porch.

"I need tea." she gave me a exasperated sigh.

"What's up?" I asked her as I unlocked the door.

"Frank and Gerard are at my house, and I was upstairs," she began softly, "I hadn't been feeling right, remember?"

Fran had said she felt ill and Frank had brought Gerard over to the home studio they built earlier in the year; "Yeah, so?"

She closed the front door and leaned against it, "I'm pregnant."

My brows shot up, "What? Are you sure?"

"3 months gone, October," she groaned, "I thought maybe I was being crazy, but I'm not."

I took her hand and pulled her gently, then I turned to Thora, "Auntie Franny needs a treat, huh?"

"Yes! Me too!" she giggled.

"Alright, we have snack cakes," I said to Fran, "Just sit down and tell me whatever's in your head."

Fran followed me to the kitchen; she got the tea kettle and began to brew her own tea, "I really thought I was being crazy."

I sat down down with Thora on my lap, giving her half a snack cake, "Well, have you told Frank?"

She shook her head, causing her blonde locks to bounce , "No, I'm afraid to."

"Why?"

"We didn't plan this, October."

"The best things aren't always planned." I smiled at her.

"Yeah, but we never ever talked about kids! We've only been together for two years. We barely decided to marry a few months back." she palmed her face, "I'm afraid of what he will say."

"Frankie will be happy," I explained, "He loves kids, he's a big kid himself."

"Yes," she turned back to the whistling kettle, "But, this'll be his kid."

"Well, who's more unsure here? You? Are you afraid of having a child?"

Fran turned to me, grabbing a mug from the cabinet beside her, "No. No, I've always wanted a baby, because I love playing with the girls..." she trailed, "I worry about Frank because he's working on Leathermouth and working on MCR stuff... And then there's Skeleton Crew."

"You guys have 6 months to work on the problems you may have."

She sighed and touched her stomach, "What if he won't want our baby?"

"I highly doubt it, Frances. Frank will be happy."

Thora looked up with cream filling on her nose, "You gots a baby?"

Fran smiled at her, "Yep, a little thing in my tummy."

"I likes babies!" 

"Me too," Fran came over with her mug and sat, "You'll have a little cousin soon, Thora."

"I play with it?"

I wiped her nose, "Yep." Fran answered.

"See? Even Thora likes your baby already."

Fran chuckled, "I think I have nerve to tell Frank now. Wish me luck."

"Good luck."

After Fran finished her tea, she left; Gerard had come in just them with Busy. He and I alternated on picking up the girls since Thora got out of school at 12 and Busy got out at 2:45. He came in with Thora barreling toward him, "Daddy!"

Gerard picked her up, he and Busy made it to the couch, "Hey Baby Bear."

"Auntie Franny gotsa baby!" she said excitedly.

"She has a baby?" Busy exclaimed.

"So it's true," Gerard chuckled as he sat beside me on the couch with Thora, "Frank had a feeling."

"Frances is afraid to tell him. She thinks he'll be mad."

Gerard snorted, "She's so wrong; Frank's hopin' she is."

"Frank is about to be so happy." 

"That's pretty cool," Gerard exhaled while Thora made herself comfortable in his lap, "I got tired of being the only guy with kids."

I raised my brow, "You got your wish."

"Didn't wish it. I'm happy for them." he said happily.

"Knowing Frank, he's gonna be happy as hell."

Gerard smiled, "Yeah, I know." he turned to Thora, "Baby Bear, what'd you do at school today?"

Thora took in a deep breath, ready to through her entire day. Busy sat beside me, while Thora talked to Gerard; "What'd you do, B?"

She frowned, "Math all day! It's so hard, I don't get it."

"Let me help you with your homework."

She plopped her back onto my lap, "Thank you mama."

"You're welcome. Let's see what you got."

•••

Frank's excitement was more than an understatement. I never seen him so happy before; he damn near broke his face from smiling and grinning. Fran was more than happy that her thoughts were wrong; she and Frank were excited that they were having a baby.

With all that happening, an MCR reunion was put on hold. They only wanted to focus on their wedding and baby. Ray and Mikey were both excited for them; Ray had decided to work with other artist and Mikey helped Gerard with his comic.

By November, Fran was showing and at her wedding, her bump was definitely the topic of everyone's conversation. She had gotten her wedding dress completely altered to fit her growing bump. Their wedding would be taking place at the end of November, and would be at the local Catholic Church; in respect of Frank's family.

She modeled her dress in front of me and her mother, who flew in; "How does this look?" she twirled in her newly altered dress, "Should I take it in more?"

"No, I think it looks perfect." I told her.

Her mom sat stoic, you could see she wasn't happy about this. She just shrugged, Frances swallowed and waved me over. Her mom stood up and left; I went to Fran, "What's up?"

"My mom hates me." she grumbled, "I shouldn't have invited her."

"Why is she upset?"

Fran sighed and took my hand, leading me to the dressing room; "She's upset because I'm pregnant."

"I'm sorry."

Fran shook her head, "Don't be. They have gripe with me; my dad didn't even show up."

I frowned, "Their loss."

Fran turned away, "Unzip me?"

I unzipped her dress and she put it on it's hanger, "I'm sorry that they can't be happy for you."

Fran smiled at me and then engulfed me in a hug, "Thank you, October."

I hugged her back; "Don't mention it."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's almost over...