‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"I try to be."

Gerard held me from behind as we slept; I woke up right before him, smoothing my hands over his. I lifted his palm and kissed it; "What're you doing, woman?"

I smiled, "I just kissed your hand."

"Yeah, but is that a signal?"

I rolled my eyes, "No."

"Good, cause I'm exhausted."

"It's because we're old."

Gerard laughed and pressed his forehead against my shoulder. My body shivered when I felt his lips kiss my back. His hands squeezed mine; "When are the girls coming home?" He asked.

"Soon." I answered.

"I feel like I don't see them enough." He confessed quietly.

"It's school and your comic."

He hummed, "Yeah, even so, I feel like I don't ever see them. They're always doing something else or are with other people."

"You want to go pick them up?" I asked him quietly.

"No, they should play with their cousins. I'll play with them when they get home."

I rolled over, "You're a great daddy, Gerard."

He smiled lazily, "I try to be."

"Y'know, you should try and plan a little date with them." I suggested.

"I should," he let out a soft yawn, "God, the last time I had a date with Thora, she told me she was ready to learn the potty by herself."

We both let out a laugh.

"Now she's preparing to become a police officer."

"What?"

I smiled, "She told me she wants to arrest people. Mikey got her hooked on Cops."

Gerard laughed, "God, I really need to spend some time with them."

I pressed my lips to his, "Don't feel bad, time is going by so fast."

"Too fast. I still remember picking up Thora like it was yesterday."

"Me too."

Gerard hugged me tighter, "And seeing Frank and Frances makes me think about babies."

I froze then, "But... I don't even know..."

Gerard shook his head, "October, we can adopt again, you know. And we don't have to right away. I still gotta plan some fabulous dates with my favorite women and start writing music again."

"So, you're thinking about weddings, babies, dates and music?"

He nodded, "Not in that exact order, but yeah."

I breathed out, "I'm glad you're thinking, honey."

He laughed, "Thanks."

•••

Gerard had gone and picked up the girls while I began to cook for them. Just as I had begun, my phone rang. I was almost too happy to see it was Fran.

"Hey! How's the honeymoon?"

"It's wonderful," my friend crooned, "I just had to call to tell you."

"Please leave out any gross sex stuff."

Fran scoffed, "Like I would tell you that!" She giggled, "I jus wanted I see how you were. Frankie is trying to steal my phone."

"We're all fine here. And, he should take your phone, because a honeymoon is just for a married couple, not their friends."

"Whatever you say. How are the girls? I got them some souvenirs."

"They're good, they're probably going to finish off the pieces of wedding cake tonight."

"Don't spoil them too much, October."

I rolled my eyes, "Says Mrs. Iero and her souvenirs."

"I am auntie, not mommy." She giggled, "Anyway, I gotta go now, my husband just arrived with room service."

"Alright, bye, Frances."

"Bye, October, give the girls snoggies for me."

I shook my head and hung up the phone. I went back to cooking, only to have the doorbell ring. I sighed and turned the stove down. I went off to the front door, opening it. And, like the worst cliche imaginable, there was a policeman standing there.

I was utterly confused. The officer looked at me, "October Way?"

"Yeah, that's me." I answered.

"Your husband is Gerard Way, correct?"

My heart started to beat rapidly, "Yes, why? Where is he? Is he okay?"

"Mrs. Way, I need you to come with me, grab anything you need."

I shook my head, "Where are my kids?"

The officer sighed, "Miss, please, come with us."

I stepped back, "Just answer me, are they okay?"

The officer just nodded. A quick one, a rushed one. He wanted me to come with him.

"My stove is on, give me a second."

I hurried from the door, turning the stove off, and slipping my shoes on and grabbing my purse. As soon as I passed the threshold, I knew something wasn't right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oi, this took forever.
Now, forgive me for writing Fran too American. I don't know much about British men and women, but I had a friend from the UK who would give me "snoggies" which meant kisses to her. Anyway, I'm trying my best; I should start watching Dr. Who again.

thanks for reading and being patient as hell :)