‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"You idiot. You stupid idiot."

The officer didn't answer my questions until I was in the backseat of a police cruiser. He let out a sigh, "Miss, your kids are fine, they're still at your brother's."

"What about my husband?" I asked eagerly, "Is he okay?"

"He's fine," he said, causing me to let out a mangled sigh of happiness, "He was in a car accident... Him and some woman."

I furrowed my brow, "Some woman?"

"That's what I was afraid to tell you, Miss."

"Why?"

"Well, it looks suspicious, doesn't it? He said not to tell you who."

"Is her name Eliza?" I asked.

The officer looked back at me quickly, with a surprised expression, "Yeah... You have history with her?"

"She's a crazy person." I spat, "God, I'm gonna kill Gerard."

The officer let out a laugh, "That counts as premeditated."

"Figuratively, officer."


I was escorted to the bed Gerard was preoccupying. He wasn't hurt too bad; he had I get stitches, is what the officer told me. I hurried went towards the bed, pulling the curtain back.

Gerard was checking his phone; which I saw was scuffed up. He looked up as soon as I pulled the curtain back, "Shit, October." He breathed.

I went over, and out of instinct, I hugged him. He hugged me back, and I kissed his cheek, "You idiot. You stupid idiot."

He laughed softly, "I wasn't paying attention. Thank God the kids weren't with me."

I pulled back, looking him over; he had a bandage over the left side of his forehead, but over all he didn't look too bad. And then, I remembered Eliza; I slugged his arm, causing him to flinch.

"What?" He asked.

"What the fuck where you doing with Eliza? Was she trying to kill you?"

Gerard sighed, "Shit, October."

"What? I was scared to fucking death that you or the kids were hurt! But, no, you had that crazy bitch in the car with you!"

"We weren't doing anything, believe me--"

"Believe you! You've lied to me, and now you tried to keep this from me!"

He grabbed my arms, but I yanked back and stepped away, "October--"

"Don't try and apologize. You better call your brother and stay away from me." I turned to leave, with the nurses watching me.

Gerard grabbed me hard and pulled the curtain back, "Don't leave."

"Fuck off." I spat, "I'm leaving, you... You better stay away from me for a while, or I will kill you." I began to leave, but I stopped, "You know what?" I turned back to him, "Go stay with Eliza, since you fuckin' love seeing her so much, you fucking prick."

I left without another word, stomping my way out towards the lobby. I called my brother, not telling him much, only that he needed to come get me.

I waited outside, waiting patiently. That is, until Gerard came out and grabbed me; "October, let me explain."

I ripped away, "Fuck you!" I screamed at him, "Goddamn you, Gerard! What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you want her or somethin'?"

"No, I just..." He trailed, his jaw slacking.

"Just what? You still got feelings for that nutbag?"

"No!" He exclaimed quickly.

"Then? What the hell is it?"

"I don't know," he sighed, "I... I rather discuss this at home."

"Fuck you." I muttered again, "You aren't coming home with me, go find your precious fuckin' Eliza."

"Will you shut up?" He spat, "Goddammit, let me talk to you at home."

I rolled my eyes, "No."

"Yes." He grabbed my arm, "I don't care how pissed you are, we need to go home and talk."

"Don't you mean yell?" Again, I tore from his grip, "I rather not, I have to feed our kids."

"Tell your brother to keep them for the night." He hissed, "I'm not discussing this here."

I wrapped my arms around myself, "Whatever."

Gerard shook his head, "Jesus Christ, October."

Thankfully, BJ pulled up a few seconds later. I smiled when I saw my baby's strapped in; I exhaled and got in beside them; "Mama, what happen?" Busy asked first.

Gerard sat up front, "I had an accident when I went to pick you up." He sighed, "Do you mind if you keep them?" He asked my brother.

The girls looked at me curiously, "You guys wanna stay the night with Uncle Beej?"

BJ shrugged at Gerard's request, "Uh, sure. They were having fun, I don't see why not."

I frowned inwardly, smiling at my girls, "I'll get you guys some clothes when we get home, okay?"

The girls shook their heads and proceeded to question Gerard. "What did you do?" Busy asked him.

"I wasn't paying attention to the traffic and hit a car."

Thora grasped, "What? It hurt, daddy?"

Gerard shook his head, facing them, "I got a little scratch, but I'm fine."

"Mama says to pay attention for a reason," Busy scolded him, "You could been hurted a lot worse."

I smiled at her worse, "Thats what I told him." I kissed the top of her head.

"See?" Busy told him, "Be careful, daddy!"

"I am, Biz, believe me." He muttered softly.

I sighed again, to myself, and pressed my head atop of Busy's. I ran my hand through Thora's hair, earning a giggle from her, and leaned over to kiss her head. I was more than happy that Gerard hasn't gotten to them with that bitch in the car -or had that accident with them.

Upon our arrival home, Gerard and I got out; he kissed the girls, while I went in. I got their pajamas and clothes for the morning, and Thora's teddy bear. I returned, setting the bag in the front seat; "Did they eat?" I asked BJ.

He shook his head, "I'll feed them when I get home, don't worry."

"Thanks, BJ."

He nodded, "No problem."

I went to the back seat and kissed the girls, "Be good, I'll be over in the morning to take you to school, B."

She nodded, "Bye mama, love you."

"I love you, too." I waved to Thora, "Love ya, baby bear."

She giggled, "Love you, mama."

I closed the door and watched BJ drive away. I exhaled deeply, heading towards the house. Gerard was standing just outside the front door, smoking a cigarette.

"I thought you were trying to quit?" I mumbled.

He tossed the half gone cigarette, "I am."

"Let's get this yelling match over with." I walked past him and into the house.

Just by his steps, I could feel the anger in him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know hurted isn't a real word, but it was my favorite faux word when I was 5, so I simply passed it onto Busy :)
So, what do you think?