‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"C'mon."

At the restaurant Mikey took us to, Gerard ate, then he convince Mikey to go next door, to the bar and have a few drinks. He ignored me when I told him not to. Mikey gave me an apologetic glance; he too couldn't say no to Gerard.

So, Gerard got so drunk, he was stumbling around and couldn't speak coherently. I was pissed, I shoved him around, not caring if he hurt himself. Mikey was buzzed but not as drunk as Gerard was; I drove Mikey home first, not uttering a word to him and then I drove home.

I pulled up and tried to get Gerard from the front seat, he was so damn wasted, "Gerard, c'mon, we're home." I tugged at him arm as I tried to haul him from the car.

He grumbled a response and moved slowly, "Comin'."

Slowly, but surely I got him from the car and set him beside the car so I could close the door. He was stumbling forward and grabbed my shoulders and we both fell on the ground. Gerard fell right on top of me, causing me to cry out and push him off me.

"Son of a bitch!" I snapped; I scrapped my elbow and ripped the side of my blouse.

I got up, hearing Gerard groan; I checked my arm, seeing a small amount of blood. I truly felt extremely frustrated, I wiped my hands on my jeans and pulled Gerard's arm, "Gee, c'mon!" 

He rolled over, reached out for me and grasped my hand. I helped him up, and let him rest on me while I got us adjusted, "Alright, we're going inside now, Gerard, I really need your help getting in."

He grumbled something, stumbling as I began to walk us into the house. I was so happy we got in successfully, the only challenge was going to be getting him in the bed. I should be a pro at this by now, but it was always a challenge.

I limped him into the bedroom and laid him on the bed. I kicked off my shoes and pulled his off, then I pulled at his jean; he laughed, "So fast?"

"Shut up." I muttered, pulling his zipper down and loosening his button.

He laughed still, while I tossed his pants and pressed his legs onto the bed. He helped with that and rolled over, "I think I have to puke."

I sighed, "C'mon." I lent out my hand, and he took it blindly, holding his mouth.

I lead him to the bathroom, and pulled the seat up. I held his hair from his face and patted his back. Gerard threw up until he was dry heaving and then rested his head on his arm that was gripped on the toilet seat.

I left him there while I went to change. I just pulled my blouse and jeans off, tossed my bra and grabbed one of Gerard's shirt and put it over myself. I went back into the bathroom where he was starting to throw up again. I tended to my elbow; then I went to Gerard, "Gee, let's brush your teeth."

He looked at me, "Leave me alone." He then turned back, resting against the toilet.

"You can't sleep there." I went over and took his arm.

"Stop!" He yelled, pushing me away.

He pushed me too hard and I fell, hitting my head on the edge of the tub. I groaned and put my hand to the back of my head, it was just sore, but no blood. I got up, Gerard was still resting with his eyes closed against the toilet.

I left him there, leaving the light on and went to bed. I was getting a headache, I didn't have the patience to bother with him either.

•••

Gerard was in the bed beside me when I woke up. I didn't bother to say anything to to nudge him. I went to the bathroom and washed my face, before I heard the inevitable groaning. 

"Hold on," I told him.

I got the Tylenol and the water and went to him. He thanked me, swallowed the water and fell back against the pillows. I went back into the bathroom and felt the back of my head; I had a nasty bump where I had fallen.

I dropped my hand and leaned against the sink for a moment. I could hear Gerard getting out of the bed and making his way towards me in the bathroom. He stood next to me, rubbing his eyes, "How come you left me in the bathroom?"

I looked over at him and took his hand, leading it to the bump. He frowned slightly when he felt it beneath his fingertips. "You pushed me."

He pulled his hand away, "No I didn't... Did I?"

I nodded, "Yeah, you did."

"I'm sorry--"

I put my hand up to stop him, "Don't apologize."

"I need to," He scratched his head, "I ain't ever push you before."

"Gerard, just leave it alone," I sighed, "If I'm going to accept that you're gonna drink like last night, I should accept--"

He shook his head, "I'm not going to be pushing you if that's what you think!"

"I don't know what to think anymore!" I exasperated, "I am so sick of fighting about this with you. Do you remember what it was like when we never fought?"

He rubbed his neck, "No."

"I don't want to fight, and I want it to get better, but you aren't willing to compromise, so I'm going to. I'm not going to fight." I told him straight out, "I love you Gerard, and I don't want to divorce or fight with you."

He furrowed his brows slightly, "So you... You're doing this for me?"

I nodded, "Yes."

He stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, still feeling defeated as I did last night. He kissed my shoulder, "I love you, October."

"I love you, too Gee."

"This ain't gonna be forever." He murmured.

"I know."

Gerard had been right about it not being forever, but it wasn't going to be any sooner. After deciding that I wouldn't get my way by pushing him around, I figured I'd join him. Not to the extent of his drinking, but I drank with him.

It was fun for the last two weeks he was home. Things between us were a lot smoother; I wasn't too hungover the follow mornings. I was still the more stable than him, and I kept a watch on him.

During our last two weeks, we had a lot more fun, as I said. We kissed a lot more and he was definitely a lot more affectionate. The last days he was home, I stayed only buzzed and kept him close; he was even looser than he was when I was against his drinking so much. Now, he turned into my old Gee, but with hangovers. I don't want to make excuses for him, but I do love him, and I'd do anything to make him happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shameless plug time: click it