‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Promise me."

Gerard's last day was more different than the last few. He and I laid in bed until the exact moment he had to leave, when Mikey would be knocking on our front door. It was really nice; we didn't drink, we didn't do anything that required us to move.

Gerard had his arm draped around my waist and was looking at me with a small smile in his face. I smiled back, laughing whenever he closed his eyes. I didn't want him to fall asleep while I was awake.

"You were right, October," He murmured, "This is better than drinkin'."

I smiled, then I began pecking his chin with my lips. Gerard kissed the top of my head, pulling my waist closer to his. "Told you." I mumbled against his neck.

"Really wish you could come with me." He spoke softly, "I'm gonna miss you. But you'll be here when I get back, won't you?"

I hummed, "Of course I will."

"I wasn't sure you'd just disappear on me again." He chuckled

"I won't."

He sighed in content; "I know I say it a lot, but I really am sorry, October. When I get back, we'll go on like a holiday type thing together."

"For what?" I asked.

"For me missing our anniversary, and for being a huge pain in the ass."

"What brought this on?" We caught eyes.

He sighed, "Brian called me yesterday..."

I raised my brow, "What about?"

"Uh... We're going to Japan a week after we return home."

I frowned slightly, "Oh..."

"I won't be gone long... I promise."

"You're already going to be gone for 3 months..." I mentally scolded myself for being so whiny. 

I didn't want to be the whiny wife, whining about him being late from work or something. This is his life, it's his job, what he likes to do. I should support him, not whine about it.

"I know, Sugar, believe me, I don't wanna be gone that long." He kissed my forehead, "If I could just lay here with you all day, everyday, I would."

I shook my head, "No, it's too boring."

He chuckled, "It ain't boring to me."

"As long as I'm with you, I'm not bored either."

He squeezed me closer to him. We were quiet together.

It made me feel closer to him, and the idea of him being gone so long frightened me. I didn't know what would happen to him while he was traveling. I didn't know if his drinking and drug addiction would get any worse or any better.

This fear of uncertainty swept through my body and I wrapped my arms around his neck tighter and kissed his neck. I felt tears coming, and I cursed myself for being so sensitive. I kissed his skin softly; "Gee don't do anything stupid, okay? Please?" I begged.

"What do you mean?" He asked in a confused manner.

"Don't take too many pills or drink too much." I sobbed softly.

He pulled away and looked down at me, "October, don't cry. I ain't gonna do anything stupid."

I shook my head, "Promise me."

He nodded, "I promise, Sugar." He kissed my forehead, "I promise."

"I'm afraid, and I worry about you." I told him before he could ask.

"I know, I'm sorry." He whispered this and molded us closer together.

For another few hours, Gerard and I stayed close. It was the best feeling in the entire world, and I found myself crying again when I heard the horn of Ray's car. I tightened my grip on Gerard and kissed his lips, "I hate this."

He sighed softly, "Me too, but you know I'll be back."

I loosened my grip, "Yeah... I know."

He kissed me again, "I gotta go."

I let him go reluctantly and rolled over as he got out of our bed. I watched him tug his boots on, then grab his duffle bag. I sat up, and bit at my lip; "I love you." I said to him.

He grinned and made his way over my side, "I love you more, Sugar."

Gerard kissed me and I ran my hand through his messy hair. He stood back and sighed, taking my hand, then letting it go. He started towards the door, and I felt my chest tighten. I didn't watch him leave down the hall, I heard him. I started to cry when the front door opened, then closed.

•••

For a few weeks, after Gerard left, I was in edge, because his drinking had gotten out of hand. He had broken his promise to me, he was raising hell whenever he was. Mikey had told me that Gerard was partying hard and being difficult. Frank even said he couldn't take it anymore, and I was amazed that he stuck through it. Ray was the same, but Gerard is his closest friend, so he wouldn't leave the band unless he most certainly had to.

Gerard was a mess whenever we talked on the phone. He was drunk all the time, or he was hung over; I never got a sober Gerard. I was getting sick with worry while he was away; so much so, that Fran had to take me to the hospital.

He had only been gone for 2 months, and I wasn't eating, an whenever I did I was puking my guts out. Fran had to take care of me, she sat with me in the hospital.

"Mrs. Way, are you under a lot of stress?" The nurse had check me into a room, giving me a gown to change into.

I coursed my hair back, "Please, call me October." I mumbled as I slipped the gown on, "And yes, lots."

"What's the problem?"

"My husband is fucking idiot." I muttered.

The nurse gave me a sullen look, "Just lie down, we'll get a doctor and run some test on you."

I laid back in the bed, Fran took my hand and ran her manicured thumb across my knuckles, "You need anything?"

"No. I feel like hell."

"I love you, October, I hate to see you this way," She shook her head, "You don't deserve this... No matter how much you love Gerard."

"I don't know what to do. I love him so much." My stomach rolled sickly.

"You need a break, to stop worrying about him." She added softly, "I sort of believe the doctor should sedate you, love." She made a small joke.

I smiled tiredly, "Yeah, they should."

"You look rough, you need something. Relaxation." She spoke quickly.

"I know, I know."

Fran didn't say anything else, she just kept holding my hand. 

I was put into a room a while later, and had some blood and urine taken. They did sedate me, to relax my body, and Fran let me sleep. I was alright that she left, I was so tired and my body was exhausted.

I didn't dream, my mind was too exhausted to dream. I slept for a long time, my body got the water it needed; I was in the verge of dehydration. I didn't feel like eating, I just slept, slept without worry, finally.

But, when I woke up, the nurse was waiting for me. She checked my vitals, then she smiled, "The doctor should be in, in a few minutes, October."

I smiled back, "Thank you."

After she left, I laid back tiredly, my body re-energizing itself. Dr. Lance came in a few minutes later, he smiled at me, too; "Some color has return." He said happily.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said.

"Now, there are some things we had to talk about, October," Dr. Lance suddenly got serious.

"Oh... Okay." I sat up properly.

"First of all, you have an ulcer," He told me softly, "That's the major issue dealing with the other."

I raised my brow, "The other?"

He nodded, "Your fetus. It's only 10 weeks old, and there are some serious health issues factored in with the ulcer and the medication."

My jaw slacked, "Fetus... My fetus?"

He furrowed his brows, "Did you not know that you're pregnant?"

I shook my head, "N-no! I didn't know."

He pulled open a char and began to read. He hummed and scolded himself. I was still repeating this in my head; My fetus. I had a fetus. A baby...

I have a baby inside of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Most of my stories have baby fever...