‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"God, this is a mess."

I knocked on my bedroom door with Thora beside me; she pressed her ear against the door. "Biz?" I called her name, "Busy Bee?"

She didn't make a sound. I sighed softly, watching Thora knock next. "Busy, open up, please?"

I smiled, knocking too, "C'mon, baby, we're waiting for you."

It took a few seconds before Busy unlocked the door. She didn't open it, so I twisted the knob and pushed the door open. Busy was standing a few feet back, so Thora and I went inside; "What's wrong, B?" She asked.

Busy frowned, crossed her arms and went to the bed, "How come he's here?"

I shut the door and Thora and I followed her to the bed. I sat down, pulling Thora onto my lap and Busy beneath my arm; "Do you not want daddy here?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "No. I don't like him."

"How come, B?" Thora asked with a small frown, "I like daddy."

"Because he left." Busy mumbled.

I sighed, unsure of what to say to that. I figured that Busy was okay; that she wasn't bothered by Gerard's absence. I thought my saying he'd come back would make her feel better, but I was wrong.

I kissed the top of her head, "But he's back--"

"He's gonna leave again! I don't like him." She cried.

Thora hopped off my lap and hugged Busy. As Busy cried, Thora followed suit, crying with her. I felt choked up, I hated to see them cry, especially over Gerard. I pulled them into an embrace and tried to calm them down. It was easy to get Thora to stop, but Busy just continued to cry and cry.

I never expected a little girl to feel this as deeply. Even when I was a little girl, my parents' absence didn't bother me. I guess it was because I didn't have that deeply rooted connection with them that Busy and Thora have with Gerard.

Thora let Busy go, "Don't cry, B." she told her.

I ran a hand through my hair and exhaled softly, "Busy, baby," Busy stopped crying, sniffled and shifted in my lap. "Do you want to go see Auntie Frances?"

Busy nodded.

"Do you want to see daddy?"

Busy shook her head, "No."

I hugged her, "Okay, you don't have to."

Thora looked up at me, "Can I see daddy?"

I nodded, "Of course, Baby, if you want."

Thora looked at me with this unsure look to her face. I didn't know what it meant, "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I want Busy to see daddy too."

I felt in a limbo between the two girls. I pet Thora's dark hair back, "Well, Baby, Busy is kinda mad at daddy right now. She'll see daddy when she wants to, okay?"

Thora gave a slow nod, "'K."

"Are you guys ready to go, or should we keep them waiting?"

Busy finally got up, wiping her face, "My face is icky."

I smiled, "C'mon to the bathroom, mama will fix you up."


Busy his behind me when I had taken her and Thora outside. Thora went to Gerard, while Busy stayed behind me and then close to Mikey. Gerard gave me that glare that made me roll my eyes in return.

"I'll take Busy with me." I told Mikey, "You guys can go ahead with Thora."

"Alright," Mikey replied, "I'll follow you."

"Bye mama!" Thora waved as Gerard carried her towards Mikey's car, "Bye BB!"

Busy waved and continued following me. I strapped her into her seat in the back, and then got into the front.

She was quiet the entire ride, she hummed along, but didn't say a word. Once we got to the hospital, she and got out and she hurried towards the entry, tugging at my hand. "Hold on, we gotta wait for Thora."

Busy whined, hiding behind me while Gerard and Mikey walked over with Thora. Gerard set her down and the girls linked hands, pulling me inside. We didn't say a word as we followed Frank's texts -from Mikey's phone- on where to go. We met him out in the lobby of the maternity ward, where he was in blue scrubs, smiling.

"Uncle Frankie!" The girls ran to him, where he hugged them.

"Hey! Ready to see baby Anthony?"

"Yes!"

Frank looked up at me, "C'mon, Fran's been asking about you."

I followed in after Frank, with Gerard and Mikey behind me. The girls rushed to the bed, where Fran was with her baby; she looked exhausted, but smiled at me. "Hey."

"Hey, how was it?"

She laughed, "Hard."

I smirked at her, "Was it worth it?"

"Yep. Look at how cute he is. He looks just like Frank."

I leaned over, looking at the baby; he did look exactly like Frank. He had his good looks and his button nose; he's adorable. "Congrats."

Fran smiled, but then frowned, "What's he doing here?"

I sighed, "Yeah, I don't know." I didn't even need to ask what she was talking about.

"Frank, get him out." Fran ordered.

Frank looked at Gerard, who just rolled his eyes and left the room. Mikey followed after him, and Frank turned towards us. "I'll show the girls the baby." He said as he came over.

Fran handed over the baby, and Frank went over to the small couch with the girls. I sat beside Fran, running my hand through my hair, "God, this is a mess."

"Why is he here?" She asked.

"I don't know... To be a dickhead." I mumbled.

Fran chuckled, "He's succeeded."

"I kinda hope he goes away," I told her truthfully, "Busy doesn't even want to talk to him."

Fran's brows shot up, "Really?"

I nodded as I looked over at the girls with Frank and the baby. They were all engrossed in him. "Yep. She's mad at him."

Fran sighed sadly, "Poor thing."

"I know. I told her she can talk to him when she wants to."

"Do you think she will?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I really don't."