‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Completely."

The place Gerard and Ray rented was a large, dark space out near the water. It was a quiet neighborhood. The walls had padding, with a bunch of Ray's equipment around. A few of Gerard's art stuff was in another room, along with the other room that Ray was sharing with his wife, Clara. She had gone out shopping; she hated being cooped up in that house.

I hadn't met her yet, but the way Ray spoke of her, she seemed nice. She just didn't seemed to like being in a dark house all day. But who would?

Anyway, Thora ran around the near empty house, looking at everything. Ray liked chasing after her; they both had fun, while Gerard and I say awkwardly on the small couch near the recording equipment.

I cleared my throat, "So, when do you expect this stuff to be done?" I asked him.

"Next year." He answered shortly, "Thats what we're hoping for, but Frank isn't too keen on that. He wants to stay off for a while."

"Because of the baby." I added

Gerard gave a nod, "Yeah."

"Are you eager to go on tour?"

He shrugged, "I just want to put out music."

I hummed a response, listening to Thora giggled excitedly as Ray caught her. Gerard looked back, smiling and giving a small laugh; "Mikey should be here soon."

I looked at my phone, "Thora's got to get to school."

We both stood up, he led the way to the other room where Thora and Ray were. Ray tickled Thora, giggling along with her.

"Baby, it's time to go."

Thora groaned as Ray set her on her feet, "Already?"

"Yes, already," I told her with a smile, "Say bye to Ray, you'll be back."

Thora hugged Ray, "Bye-bye! I'll be back later."

Ray chuckled, "I'll see you later, Thora."

She rushed to Gerard, he picked her up and kissed her face, "Bye daddy."

"Bye, Baby. Have fun."

Gerard handed her off to me. "I'll see you guys later." I waved to them.

Ray waved, Gerard smiled at me again, his hand moving just a little to wave at me. I carried Thora out the house and to my car, setting her inside. I buckled her in, and then got up front. I began to drive away, looking at the clock every few seconds, to make sure I'd get her to school on time. Thora just hummed in the back, looking out the window without any interruption.

"Can I go over after school?" She finally asked when I pulled up at her and Busy's school.

"We'll see, honey."

I got out, and then got Thora out. She took my hand, carrying her little pink lunch pail. She hummed continuous until I dropped her off at her class room. She hugged my hips and I kissed her head, "Be good."

"I always am!" Thora giggled.

"I love you."

"I love you, too, mama."

I waved as she skipped inside, heading to her class mates. I left the classroom, and proceeded to the store, to check everything out. Really, I was sure everything was fine, but I needed to busy myself.

I was starting to notice my head was slowly filling of Gerard. I needed to keep my head occupied.

•••

I had gotten home an hour before I had to pick up Busy and Thora. I had slipped onto the couch to take a nap beforehand. I managed to sleep too long; I jumped up when I felt a hand on my arm.

"Shit!" I screamed out.

I heard Gerard laugh, "You alright?" He asked.

"What time is it? I gotta get the girls." I stood up, but Gerard grabbed me.

"Mikey picked them up, they're fine."

I sighed and sat down with him, running a hand through my hair, "Shit." I grumbled again.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just freaked. Why did Mikey pick 'em up? Was I late?"

He shook his head, "No, I told him too. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't have gotten them."

"Why?" I asked with a slight yawn.

Gerard licked over his lips as I rubbed my eyes; "I just wanted to talk to you."

"What about?"

"Us."

"Hey, I told you," I began as I dropped my hand, "It's not about us right now."

"I understand, but I still just wanted to talk."

"Okay." I murmured.

He exhaled, "I don't want to separate."

"Neither do I." I replied quickly.

"I want to come home."

I was slow to answer. Hesitance was burning inside of me.

"I don't know." I finally said.

"I'll sleep on the couch until you want me back in the bed." He said with a slight smirk.

"It's not that..." I shook my head, "I don't know what it is, really. You just fuck with me."

"I'm sorry--"

"No apologies, alright?" He nodded. "Look, you can come home, don't expect me to give into you so easily."

Again, he gave a nod, "I understand."

I rubbed my face, and then dropped my hand into my lap, "Don't mess with me, Gerard, because I will hurt you."

He bit back laughter, "I know."

"No you don't. I will physically hurt you, and that's not a joke."

His smile faded, "I get it."

"You fuck with my kids, I'll kill you. Understand?"

"Completely."

I exhaled, "Okay. Fine. You can stay."

Gerard moved closer to me, swiftly, and kissed me. It was a light kiss, that caused me to press my mouth to his. He didn't hesitate to kiss me again, deeper this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I always seem to update before going to sleep super early in the morning. So, forgive any mistakes, I'll fix them when I wake.
Tell me what you think, in the mean time.

thanks for reading!
xo ali