‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Anxious as hell, doc."

October 1st arrived, my 5th month mark and baby Anthony's birthday. The only thing going on in Thora's head that day was seeing Anthony and getting cake from Frank. Busy was indifferent to going over, so, Gerard and I would be alone for my appointment.

I was excited and nervous, but extremely happy to know as soon as possible. I wanted to pinpoint a name, make sure that we got the correct clothing and toys for the baby. It would definitely make things easier for us.

Thora would be sharing her room, and she was glad to do so for the simple fact that she "Loves babies so, so, so, so much!" We had asked her if she wanted a baby brother or baby sister and all she added was; "I don't care. I just want a baby!"

Busy was also indifferent to the question, along with everything else. She was definitely distant, despite all the attention I showered her with. Though, she thrived with everyone else, it was just Gerard and I who got the cold shoulder and the shrugs instead of answers. I wasn't sure how to curb her from it, I was not going to bribe the girl. I tried to find a way to make her come around to the idea.

The many things I tried to bring up and offer her to help do for the baby, she turned it all down. I even had to had Thora ask Busy to help, but always got a no. I had hoped that maybe Fran and Frank could help; I told them so when we dropped the girls off.

I took Fran aside while the girls rushed off with Frank. "Hey," I began, "Could you talk to Biz for me?"

"Is B still reluctant to the baby still?"

"Yeah." I sighed, "I don't know what to do."

Fran smiled, "I've got a plan."

"What?" I asked happily.

She shooed me, "You'll see, love. Now, get outta here and text me the good news as soon as you know."

"You'll find out in person." I told her as I began to leave.

Fran scoffed, "Really? I've got to wait?"

"Yep." I blew her a kiss, "Take care of my babies."

She saluted me, "I'll try."

I laughed and left her house, making my way to the drive way. Gerard was in the driver side, smoking a quick cigarette; he was still trying his hardest to quit, but he was always grumpy when he hadn't had a smoke for a long period of time. He also chewed his nails or overdid it with the coffee, which caused him to pee a lot. Gerard had a lot of quirks that went with trying to quit something.

"Ready?" He asked once I slipped in.

"Yep. Frances's gonna talk to Biz for us."

Gerard exhaled, "Good." He tossed the cigarettes out into the street once we pulled away. "What's she gonna say?"

"I don't know, she wouldn't tell me."

"I hope it works," Gerard muttered, "I can't stand Ice Queen Busy."

"Me either. She hates me more than she hates you."

"She doesn't hate you, October...she likes shit the way it is."

"Yes, I know that, but it's been a bit over 3 months now."

Gerard looked at me a moment, then back at the road, "I remember when Mikey was born, I was sure that he was some alien. I kept trying to get my mom to take him back to wherever she got him."

We both laughed; "How long did it last?"

"For like a year," Gerard hummed, "I finally figured that if he was an alien then so was I. I loved him after that...another alien like me, is how I saw it."

I smiled warmly, "I hope that Busy comes around to it sooner than later."

"She will eventually." He replied with a shrug, "It's bound to."

We continued casual conversation until we go to the doctor's office. The anticipation hit me as soon as we entered and I signed in. I suddenly could not wait to find out the sex. Gerard sat with me, watching the TV across from us, mindlessly; I think he was trying not to be excited, but I could see through it.

Finally, after 15 minutes of waiting, the nurse called me back; Gerard followed. She took my vitals before sending me into the exam room. This time, Gerard paced, his hands touching the glossy posters of informative knowledge on birth control and prenatal vitamins.

Dr. White arrived not a moment too soon, "How is everything Gerard, October?"

Gerard replied first, "Anxious as hell, doc."

Dr. White chuckled, "I can tell. First, I must exam October and then I'll give you all the news you've been waiting for."

Gerard exhaled, "Still anxious."


The two of us were all smiled after my appointment. The outcome had been well received from the both us. Gerard was happy, smiling while driving; "I didn't think I'd be happier than when I heard the baby's heart beat...but, man," he exhaled for the billionth time, happily. "When do we tell everyone?"

"Well," I thought for a moment, "I don't know. Maybe we should have Thora just tell anyone when they're around."

He laughed, "Our own personal telegram."

"Yep. It'll be better hearing it from the most excited person on the planet."

"That's better than us telling everyone. We'll just have Thora in a box and whip her out when people ask." He joked humorously.

"I think Thora would actually go for it."

"Yeah, I bet."

I hummed to myself, "I wonder what Busy'll think."

"She'll probably stare at us and then roll her eyes." Gerard muttered, "She's starting to act like a teenager and she's only 7."

"Hopefully Frances figured out how to get her to turn full circle."

"Yeah, I hope." He added softly.

We got down the street to Frank and Frances's before I had an idea; "We'll tell everyone at my parents's anniversary party."

Gerard nodded in agreement, "Sure, but how're we gonna keep Thora quiet for 12 days?"

"Bribery, G." I said simply.

He chuckled, "I doubt'll work."

"Don't be so pessimistic. Thora can do it."

"We'll see."
♠ ♠ ♠
RIP MCR
what do you guys think the baby is?