‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Remember when you weren't such a prick?"

When I got home, I grabbed everything the best I could and carried Busy inside. She was stirring awake again, but she often did that, and when she did she came and slept with me. My bed is more than big enough to share with Busy.

I carried her to my bedroom, dropped my bag on my vanity chair and then set Busy on my bed. I took her shoes off, and her coat, dress and tights. I went to her room to get her pajamas and to put her clothes away. I returned, she was lying awake, looking at me, "I'm hungry."

I nodded, "I bet you are. We forgot to eat, huh?"

"I was excited." She told me.

I put her jammies on, then I took her hair out of the braids and let her brown hair flow. I could see it was turning golden around the edges; "Did you have fun?"

She nodded, "Yes mama."

I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen; "You want apple slices?" She hummed, "I'll take you for pancakes in the morning, hopefully before Frank comes."

"He come too?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he'll come too. I'll try and call him."

Busy rubbed her eyes and ate the slices I cut. After she was full, I carried her back to my bedroom and put her under the covers; "I gotta change, B, I'll be right back."

I kissed her forehead, then I went to lock up my house, then I came back and changed out of my clothes, and threw on an old t-shirt and pajama shorts. I turned out the lights and climbed into bed with Busy. It was one of those things where my body was tired, but my mind was active, I was thinking of Gerard.  

I was wondering if he was right... If I was being selfish. I just didn't want Busy to ever feel like I felt, and Gerard can be mean, so if she ever did wrong, I didn't want him to go off on her. I love her more than I ever loved anyone on this earth, I only want to protect her. But, she does need a dad...

Damn Gerard for putting me in this predicament. Damn him for not listening to me. But, if he hadn't of pushed me away, made me find love on my own, I wouldn't have known what true love is. Busy's true love, she is what I live for, she is what makes me happy. Ever since she's been born, I hadn't wish to die or thought of harming myself.

She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Maybe I should thank Gerard for everything. I shouldn't be mad anymore, I should just let it all be the past. I'm always think of Busy, though, I don't want her to cry over something Gerard has done or said. Maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

•••

In the morning, there was hard knocking on my door. I opened my eyes and felt this small weight on my stomach. I looked down and saw Busy hugging my middle and drooling. I pet her bed hair back, cursing the person knocking; I looked at my clock and saw it was 9 am.

"Shit." I sighed.

I moved Busy gently, a small frowned appeared on her face, but she gladly clutched a pillow in her sleep. I got out of bed and went to the door; the knocking didn't stop; "Shut up, I'm coming!" I called.

I unlocked the door and opened it; Frank, Gerard, Mikey and Ray all stood on my door step, outside my screen. I was in no mood to entertain, "Shut up, my daughter is still asleep." I closed the door and started to walked back to my room.

I didn't get far before the door was being opened; "Wake up, time to have fun." Frank said smiling.

I coursed my hair back, and saw Busy coming, carrying the pillow she had been hugging. I smiled, "Hey sweetness." I picked her up, "Wanna play with Frank?"

"After pancakes." She said softly, rubbing her eyes.

"You heard her, guys." I turned to them, "I need to brush her teeth and comb her hair, then I need to shower. Make yourselves at home, I guess." I started walking towards the bathroom.

"Uh, where's my phone?" Gerard asked.

"Counter." I told him.

I went into the bathroom and let Busy climb up on her little ladder to brush her teeth. After, she went her face, I dried her off, then I combed her hair into one braid. I let her climb off and run into the living room; "Frank! See my room!"

Busy had Frank by his index finger towards her bedroom. Frank laughed the entire way; "Hey, I'm gonna take a shower, dress her for me, will you?"

"Yeah, sure." I went to my room, shut the door and went to my bathroom.

I undressed and got in my shower. Everything was all good until that idiot decided to come in. "Your bathroom is nice."

I stopped washing my hair and pulled the curtain back a little. Gerard was looking at himself in the fogging mirror; "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I snapped at him.

"Ray's in your other bathroom, I had to pee."

"You can't pee outside like normal dogs?" I closed the curtain and went to rinsing my hair.

"Remember when you actually liked me?" He jeered.

"Remember when you weren't such a prick?" I countered.

"Can we stop this?" Gerard was close to the curtain.

"Get out if you aren't gonna pee! I'm showering!"

He laughed, "Okay, fine." 

I shook my head, hearing the door open, then shut. I finished my shower and opened the shower curtain a bit to get a towel and wrapped it around myself. I opened it all the way and went to step out, but I didn't. Why? Because that idiot was still standing in my bathroom, he was leaning against the door, smirking.

"Get out!" I snapped at him.

"You know, October, you look really different... You look... Mature."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm 25, how mature could I get?"

"Hey, I mean it in a good way, Sugar. You look beautiful." 

Sugar, the word alone sent chills up my spine. The way he said it made my knees weak.

"Okay, get out." I muttered, regaining composure.

Gerard leaned up off the door, and I thought he was gonna leave, but he steadily made his way over to me. I had lost all train of thought, his hands planted firmly on my waist over the towel, and he leaned down, his lips inches from my own. My heart was beating in my throat and my ears; holy fuck, I didn't know what to say, do or think. Gerard closed the gap between our lips and he kissed me; it was soft and everything I remembered it used to be. My hands were firm crossed over my chest, and Gerard moved his hands up to uncrossed them. He messed with the tucked in towel around my body.

The towel dropped at our feet, exposing my body, the water moist against my skin, I shivered. Gerard  put his hands under my butt and picked me up, he placed me on the counter, all the while, his lips never leaving mine. I couldn't believe this was happening, so much, that I pushed him away when I felt his hand on my thigh, trying to pry open my legs.

"Stop, stop." I pushed him away.

Gerard stumbled back, I grabbed my towel and wrapped myself up. I felt so ashamed of myself, I felt on the verge of tears. I sniffled and looked away, "Get out of here, please, Gerard. Get out." 

"October, I--"

He tried to explain, but I stopped him, "Get out." I muttered again, this time with a pleading tone.

Gerard listened this time and left the bathroom. I leaned against the counter, pressed my palms to my face and started to cry. Not a big sob, just tears of frustration. I took in a deep breath and left my bathroom to get dressed. My sadness and frustration was gone when I saw Busy on my bed waiting for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm basing a lot of stuff Busy says off of home movies of myself. Gosh I am cute :)
Also, what did you think of the bathroom scene? I was totally gonna have them do it, but then I changed my mind.
Love to hear your thoughts ;)