‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"It's an emergency..."

In April, with Gerard's birthday approaching, Jon came with me and Busy to get some supplies to make Gerard a birthday present and card. I was glad that Jon didn't freak out about Gerard coming around. Jon too seemed to feel sorry for him after I explained the situation.

"He's a cool dude and Eliza is crazy. I feel bad." Jon has said this silently to me to keep Busy from hearing. She rode in the cart looking at the glittery glue I got.

"Me too." I replied.

Busy looked at us and played with the glue package, "I go see daddy soon?"

"Yeah, sweetness. We're almost done so you can make his present." Busy kept her eyes down on the package.

It wasn't a secret that Busy didn't like Jon as much as she likes Gerard. Jon tried to be close with her, but Busy shifted all her time and energy in Gerard. She truly is a miniature version of myself.

We continued shopping, then we got to the check out line. Busy hummed and then took my hand, "Mama, I sleepy." She rubbed my hand, it comforted her, she recently started to do this.

"We're almost done, B, promise."

She kept rubbing my fingers and holding them, all the way until we got to my car. Jon put the bags away while I put Busy in the car; once I got in the driver seat, she began to cry. I looked back, watching her began to sob and whine, "BB, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

She continued to cry, "No!" she screamed.

I furrowed my brow, "Busy, baby, what's wrong?"

"I want daddy!" She sobbed loudly.

"Okay, I'll call him. Calm down." I rubbed her knee, but she kept crying.

I grabbed my phone, I told Jon to drive and switched seats with him. I called Gerard, with Busy still crying behind me, "Gee, please pick up." I mumbled as the phone rang and rang.

A moment later his phone answered, but it wasn't him, "Gerard's tied up right now." Eliza giggled.

"It's an emergency, please just give him the phone." I begged her, I just wanted Busy to stop crying.

She hasn't cried so hard since she's been a little baby.

"Emergency?" She was playing with an innocent voice now.

"Yes, now give Gerard the phone!"

She laughed, then I heard Gerard say "What?" in a heavy breath. I wanted to scream.

"Gerard!" I finally screamed.

Everyone shut up. Busy stopped crying, Jon almost stopped the car in the middle of traffic, and there was nothing on the other end. I finally just hung up the phone.

I looked back at Busy, "I'm sorry, B, daddy's not home right now."

Busy whined, but she didn't start screaming. She crossed her arms, pouted and let more tears come down. I coursed my hair back, feeling frustrated, and angry.

"I think she's falling asleep, October." Jon told me while placing his hand down my back, "Relax, she's cool."

"Busy just doesn't cry like that, I haven't ever seen her do upset before, and Gerard's stupid girlfriend pissed me off."

"Sorry." He murmured.

"What're you sorry for?" I raised my brow at him.

"Busy doesn't like me, October, I can tell. I think that's why she was crying so much."

I furrowed my brows at his explanation, "No... That's..." I scratched my head a moment, "Biz loves Gerard..." I trailed.

"Yeah, I know, that's why she doesn't like me. She probably thinks I want to take his place or something."

"I'm sorry about that... Busy usually loves everyone, but ever since Gerard showed up, he's taken all of her love." I told him.

"I understand completely." Jon said with a small smile, "Don't worry about me."

I smiled back at him, "Thanks for understanding."

"No problem."

When we got to my house, Jon helped me take the bags inside, while I carried Busy. She fell right to sleep after her crying fit and I put her on the couch, in her favorite spot, to nap. 
 
"Thanks again, Jon." I hugged him nicely.

He kissed my cheek, "Like I said, babe, no problem."

Right as he turned to let me go and leave, he kissed me. Right on the lips. I hadn't expected it. I may sound so childish, but I hadn't kissed Jon on the lips, even after three and a half weeks of dates. He was the first guy I ever kissed who wasn't Gerard, and it was so weird.

It felt... It felt different. I felt like I shouldn't have let him kiss me. I didn't fell love or feel a sizzle like I had whenever Gerard used to kiss me. 

And, I felt like a total bitch for feeling like that. I felt like I was hurting Jon, like I was leading him on. I wasn't leading him on, because I like our relationship, it was just different and the kiss made me feel that way.

Well, we didn't even kiss that long because someone familiar cleared their throats. Jon pulled away from me, and I looked over, seeing Gerard. He didn't look happy, he looked very angry as a matter of fact.

"You assholes do that a lot around my kid?" He spat at us.

Jon tried to salvage it, "Dude, Busy's asleep--"

"I don't give a fuck, kissing leads to fucking, and I'm sure October ain't gonna stop you." He walked past us, he riled me up.

"Hey, don't talk to me like that!" I snapped at him, I had started towards him, "Especially in my house!"

"I wasn't talking to you, was I?" Gerard glared at me.

"What the fuck are you angry at me for? Who the fuck pissed in your coffee?"

He pushed me away and went towards Busy, but I grabbed him and pulled him back. He was going to shove me, but Jon pulled me away, "Hey, Gerard, calm down."

"Don't fuckin' talk to me! I don't even fuckin' know you and you're in here tryin' fuck my daughter's mom while she's sleeping!" Gerard yelled, causing Busy to snap her eyes open.

"We weren't doing anything like that." I hissed at him, "You woke her up."

Busy sat up and rubbed her eyes, "Daddy, c'mere." She yawned softly.

I shook my head and let Gerard go. I turned to Jon, "I'm sorry about him."

"It's okay." He said softly, "I don't want to leave you here with him."

"He isn't going to do anything, Busy's awake." I assured him.

"He does anything, call me." Jon looked at me with a stern look and I nodded.

"I will." 

He smiled, kissed my forehead and left. I sighed as I closed the door after him and returned to the living room. Gerard had Busy on his lap, she was rubbing his hand and talking to him. I knew she would fall back asleep soon, and I was gonna make Gerard leave as soon as she did.

I went into my kitchen and made myself some coffee. It wasn't long before Gerard came in, smirking at me, "I want some."

"Is Busy asleep?" I asked, sipping at my own mug.

"Yeah." He answered.

"Good, now you can leave." I told him.

He furrowed his brows, "Why?"

"Okay, what just happened 15 minutes ago? You came in here being Mr. Asshole and yelling at me for some goddamn reason, accusing me of being some sort of whore, and waking Busy up." I put my cup down, "She's asleep and you can leave, you didn't even have to come over here."

"I wanted to. You just hung up earlier--"

"Because that slut you're with was playing on your phone. Busy was crying for you and she was screaming, I didn't know what to do!"

"First of all, how can you just call Eliza a slut? I know where she is and what she's doing, unlike you--"

I cut him off, "Nice one. Just because you can't be a damn fly on my wall, you assume I'm some slut like your girlfriend?"

"See? Why do you keep calling her a slut?"

"Because I don't like her and I can, alright?" I didn't want to say what Jon had told me.

"Maybe you're the slut," He moved in on me, "And you need to call someone else one to get it out your system."

"Yeah, okay," I rolled my eyes, "You can leave now."

"You're such a fuckin' bitch, October, I swear." He muttered.

"I'm a bitch?" I snapped at him, "You know what, Gerard, fuck you. Fuck you and fuck your goddamn bipolar attitude! Get out of my house and don't come around no more, I don't want to see you again! You make me physically sick to my stomach!" I snarled angrily at him.

I hadn't ever felt so mad before in my life. I felt everything in my body pulsate in anger. I never hated and felt bad for someone in my whole entire life.

"You can't keep me from my daughter!" He yelled at me.

"She's only been your daughter for three weeks! She's been mine for two and a half years, so don't give me shit about keeping her from you!"

"You never let me--"

I cut him off before he started, "Don't say I never let you, because you never done anything! You never called, never actually looked for me, and in the beginning you didn't want either of us! So don't you ever say I never let you do anything! I never hid, I stayed the same, I just moved across the country!"

"Yeah, away from me!" He tried to point the finger around at me.

"You know me, Gerard! I never hid, I never changed my name. I created a whole entire clothing line dedicated to my daughter. If you wanted to find me, you know who I am, you know my father, it ain't that hard to think 'Well, shit, her dad is a musician, he must live in LA', but no you didn't do that."

"So what? I didn't look that hard, I'm sorry, I assumed you didn't need me."

"I didn't, Busy did... I'm not even sure anymore."

"You don't think she needs me?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"No, not anymore. I think it was a huge, fucking mistake taking her to that concert. It was a huge fucking mistake letting you into my life again."

I struck a nerve in him. He looked livid. I expected him to hit me or to punch something, or me. 

"Fuck you, October. I really do wish I never met you." He spoke those words with venom. He wanted it to hurt, but it didn't.

"Yeah, guess what? I feel the same way. The only good that came from meeting you was Busy."

He turned around, starting out the kitchen. He turned towards the couch, I watched him. Something was missing though... Busy was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to post again today because I might not be able to tomorrow. So, here you go! Forgive any mistakes I just wrote it real quick, and man it's long! I hope you guys like it, I'd love to read the comments :)

thanks for reading
xo ali