‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"My secrets are always real."

Gerard was set to come home around the 2nd week of June, but we hadn't gotten the specific date. Busy was happy at just the thought of Gerard coming home. She would tell everyone about his homecoming, saying he was gonna take her places when he got home.

I couldn't wait for him to arrive for Busy. I remember how happy I used to get whenever he came home, so I know how Busy was going to react when Gerard walked through that door. 

But, meanwhile, I kept her entertained by dressing her up, making her clothes and taking her to the park. My dad helped a lot, he planned a trip to take Busy to see my brother Jeremy in Malibu by the ocean. Busy loves the ocean, so I let her go.

"I be gone a long time, mama." Busy told me while she helped me pack her little backpack, "No cry."

I chuckled, "I won't cry, B. I swear."

She grinned, "I no cry, kay?"

I nodded, "I know you won't, you're my big girl." I hugged and kissed her

"Daddy cry?"

I snickered, "He probably will, but I'll help him try not to."

"Thank yous." Busy said with a small giggle; the kid laughs at anything.

I continued to pack her bag, and then I gave her lunch. By the afternoon, my dad showed up.

"Hi dad," I let him in, and hugged him, "Are you ready?"

He nodded, rubbing his beard, "I get to hang with my baby's little baby, of course I'm ready."

"Grandpa Billy!" Busy came running, as usual, to my dad.

My dad picked her up, "Hey B. Are you ready?"

She nodded, "Yep!"

I smiled and kissed her cheeks, "Oh, I'm gonna miss you, Biz."

"I miss you." She hugged me.

"I love you." I picked up her bag, "Be good, raise hell for Jeremy."

She giggled, "I be good."

"I love you."

"Love you."

I let her out with my dad, "Call me if you need anything."

"I will. Bye, October." My dad waved.

"Bye dad."

I watched them leave before I turned and went back into the house.

•••

Later on that day, my dad called me to tell me how Busy was, and I talked to her for a bit. She was happy to see my brother and her cousins. She told me that they were gonna go to the beach in the morning.

"Tell daddy I love him." She explained before she hung up.

"I will, B, I promise."

We hung up after that, and I went back to what I was doing. It was about 5 minutes later when my phone rang again. I looked at the ID, I saw Gerard's name pop up.

"Hey, Gerard, what's up?"

"I need to come over." Were the first words out of Gerard's mouth.

I mentally smacked myself for not telling him sooner about Busy, "Shit, Gee, sorry, Busy is with my dad right now." I explained to him.

"I need to talk to you." He said thickly, "Please."

I furrowed my brows a bit, "Uh, okay. My door is unlocked." 

"Thank you." With that he hung up.

I put my phone down, wondering what was going on with him. I also hoped we wouldn't fight, or he wasn't upset with me. I hadn't done anything, and I figured he just got in from Europe.

I was in my bedroom when I heard him come in. His steps were fast, he was in my room within seconds. He looked at me, his hair dyed back to black, he had this look of anger on his mug. I swallowed thickly, "Did I do something?" I asked.

"You had Frank do your dirty work." He said angrily, "I wish you would've told me, then maybe I would have really believed it."

I furrowed my brows, "What? What are you talking about?"

Gerard's emotions flickered like a light, his face was this sad, disbelieved look. He sat down on my bed, he scratched his head; "A few weeks ago, I woke up and Eliza wasn't in the bed with me. I looked over at the spot where she had been sleeping..." He spoke softly, "There was some blood on the sheet, and I freaked out. I got up and went to the bathroom and I asked her what was wrong, y'know, and she said she was fine, but I didn't believe her. She said that nothing was wrong, and I said she had to get checked out, for the baby. She fought me so hard not to go, but I forced her to.

"So I got Worm to get me a car, I took her to the ER and had told a nurse that I thought that there was something wrong with our baby." I watched Gerard as he kept his eyes fixed on the ground, wondering what he was getting at, "I wasn't allowed to go into the back with her, and I paced the fucking lobby until the soles of my fuckin' boots wore out. The doctor, he came out and said, 'Son, I think you need to take your fiancée to a mental health facility when you get back to the US'; I looked at him like he was the one who was fucking crazy, you know what I mean? I didn't know what he was talking about."

"What happened, Gerard?" I asked softly.

He ignored me, "So I asked him what the fuck he meant, and he... He told me there was no baby and that she confessed. She said she started her period."

I cupped my mouth, unable to say anything.

"I went to her, I thought they were playing a sick fuckin' joke on me. I asked her, I asked what the hell was going on, and you know what she said?"

"What did she say?" I murmured, dropping my palms.

He looked up at me, anger etched in his eyes, "She said she wasn't pregnant and that she lied. She lied because she really liked me and didn't want me to dump her. But, she didn't really like me, she liked the notoriety of being Gerard Way's fiancée. And you know what else? She said she was gonna say she did lose the baby, but the doctor told me the truth before she could tell me."

"I'm so sorry, Gerard." I said to him.

"You ain't sorry, you're relieved. Ain't you?" He said this with anger.

"No, I... It's terrible! I can't believe she did that to you."

"But you knew. You knew and you didn't tell me." He glared at me.

"I didn't want to be the one--"

"Frank was much better." He muttered.

"He's your best friend." I replied.

"And, you didn't want to seem like you were trying to get attention." He smirked.

I stopped a moment, I stared at him, "Frank told?"

"No, I heard you. That day I brought Busy home from the sleep over, I heard you talkin' to him."

"So, why didn't you just--"

"I believed her!" He shouted, "I thought maybe she really was pregnant! She went to doctors appointments for god's sake and the last woman who told me she was pregnant, I let her go. I didn't want to make the same mistake twice."

I rubbed my neck, "I'm sorry she lied to you, Gerard."

"I wanted to do right by her." He muttered, "Fuckin' bitch." He spat.

"Where is she?"

"Who the hell cares? I fuckin' hope she rots in hell."

I sighed and sat next to him, "Is that why you dyed your hair?"

He gave this angry chuckle, "Rid that bitch from my life. I look better in black any way."

I put my arm around him, "I... I apologize. I didn't want to butt into your life, if I really, truly had evidence that she was faking this, I would have come to you. You never should've gone through all that."

He hung his head, "It's my fault. She was this woman who was a groupie. She hung around, I fucked her, and a month later, she says she pregnant. I couldn't just dump her. She showed me a positive test and everything."

I sighed, squeezing his arm, "Look, just... Just relax, you can stay here for as long as you need to. Busy will be here tomorrow night, she went up to Malibu with my dad to visit my brother Jeremy and his kids."

He swallowed thickly, "Thank you."

"Is there anything you need or want?" I asked, patting his back.

He gave a small laugh, "Yeah... You."

My face grew warm. I didn't have an articulate response to that. Gerard stared at me, his beautiful eyes leaving me breathless and hanging on to what he would do next.

He kissed me. It was just a small press of the lips. 

"You ain't a rebound, trust me." He said after he pulled from my lips.

"Then what am I?"

"You're this gift that I stupidly let get away." He replied, kissing me again.

This time, his tongue brushed against my bottom lip and I opened my mouth, gladly, for him. Within seconds, I was on my back with my dress being pulled up. I didn't want to stop, my heart accelerated, I felt as if I would have a heart attack. 

Gerard's hand went up my thigh, caressing the skin before he got to my panties. He yanked at them gently, they slipped right down my hips, thighs and legs, and onto the floor. He pulled away, sitting up, he pulled my summer dress over my head, leaving me completely nude. He pulled his shirt off, kicked his shoes off, and began to work on his jeans. He looked me deeply in the eye, "What Busy told me, is it true?"

"What'd she say?"

"You broke up with Jon?"

I nodded, "Two months ago."

He smiled, "Thought so."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled his body onto mine. His lips kissed at my skin, he nudged my legs apart, he lined himself up with me, his mouth attached to my neck, "This okay?"

I nodded, "Only feels right with you."

He exhaled softly against my neck, then thrust forward. I gave a softly yell, my body filled with him, and arched my back. Our bodies were so close, it was like we had become one. He ground his hips onto mine, his pace slow, his gave this amazing, memorizing rhythm to his hips. I trailed my hands up and down his back, scratching his pale skin gently.

"It always feels right with you, October." He confessed this breathlessly.

"You love me still?" I panted.

"My secrets are always real." He muttered.

I arched my back further, "Thank you." I was speaking mentally to Busy.

Gerard buried himself deep into me, causing little cries from my mouth and sighs. I held Gerard tighter, my muscles tightening around him, my mouth found his shoulder and I bit down. I called his name into his collar, my orgasm approaching fast.

"Gee, I'm gonna--"

He cut me off, "Me too." 

Our bodies, caked with sweat and sex, glued together as we came. Gerard placed his mouth on mine as we rode out our orgasms. He stopped kissing me, and began to breathe heavily. Gerard pulled out of me and rolled onto his back beside me. He looked at me, brushing my hair matted to my sweaty face.

"I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooooh! Most of your dreams came true, right?