‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Positive, Sugar."

I was asleep when Busy got home. I was curled up on the couch, with a blanket, when I heard her voice. It woke me from my sleep, I smiled, "Busy, are you home?"

I heard her giggle, "Yes." She came around the couch and hopped in my lap.

"I missed you!" I wrapped my arms around her, "Where's your daddy?"

She hugged me back, "Daddy gettin' surprises."

I sighed, shaking my head, "That man."

"You likes it, promise!" She told me.

"We'll see."

"Daddy! Mama up!" Busy called to him.

A few seconds later, Gerard came into the living room with his hands behind his back. I had raised my brow, watching him, while he had a grin on his face. He sat beside me, "Close your eyes."

I hummed and shut my eyes for him. Busy giggled, sitting beside him; "No open, mama."

"I'm not." I told them.

I heard something snap open, but nothing else. Gerard cleared his throat, "Okay, you can open your eyes, Sugar."

I opened my eyes, slowly, and furrowed my brows a bit at what I saw. Gerard had a small jewelers box with a ring inside in his hand and I didn't know how to perceive it. I blinked, then looked at Busy, "Um, what... I don't mean to sound ungrateful... But what..." I trailed.

"Daddy marry you!" Busy cried happily; her cheeks burst open with smiles.

I looked at Gerard and stared at the ring. I licked my lips and then scratched my head, "Gerard... Are you asking--?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I am. We ain't gotta do--"

I stopped him, "This is so fast, Gerard." I didn't mean to snap, "We just... Holy shit." I muttered.

Busy stopped smiling, "Mama, bad word."

I smiled sadly at her, "I'm sorry, baby."

She looked my face over, "You no like it?"

I rubbed my neck, "I like it a lot, it's just... I wasn't expecting it." I told her.

Gerard sucked in his bottom lip, "After everything, October, I really want to marry you again. I love you," He took my hand and slid the ring on it with a shaking hand, "Please, just take this, I want you to know I'm serious."

I just stared at him, "I... This is so fast. I told you I wanted to take things slow."

"We ain't jumping the broom tomorrow. I got you this to let you know that I'm serious." He repeated.

I nodded, still feeling unsure of what exactly to feel. I looked at the ring and saw how beautiful it was; it was more extravagant than the first diamond ring Gerard ever bought me. This one sparkled and had smaller diamonds encrusted around the silver band. 

"Mama, you looks sad." Busy murmured.

I shook my head, "Surprised, B." I told her, "That's all."

She smiled, "Daddy said two parts."

I exasperated jokingly, "Oh, geez, what now?"

Gerard grinned, "I booked you and Busy a flight and hotel service in Florida in August. We start touring at the end of July, and the second week of August we're doing a block of shows in Florida, so you guys can stay with me and hit up Disney World."

Busy started to jump up and down on the couch, "Yay!"

I shook my head, "You bribed her with princesses, how did I not know?"

Gerard smiled, "Anything for her," He scooted closer to me, Busy continued to cheer, singing about princesses, "I just want to be with you." He told me.

My heart hammered, I bit at my bottom lip, "This is so much." I replied.

"It's for you. It's for Busy." He leaned over and kissed my lips.

I nearly melted in my seat, "Thank you."

"Never thank me." He kissed me again.

•••

I stared at the ring for the longest time; it made me happy and uneasy all at the same time. I didn't know if this is exactly what we should be doing, and especially in front of Busy. I mean, as much as I love Gerard, he is so unpredictable.

He could change his mind. He could turn on me in a heart beat. But, I did trust him.

Busy loves him more than anything else. When he said that he was going to stay with us for a while, she nearly lost it. She was so happy, it's hard describe how much she cheered and kissed Gerard.

Later that night, she opted him to put her to bed. I had kissed her goodnight, then listened as Gerard sang to her and read a short fairytale to her. She fell asleep shortly before he finished; he had placed the book on her shelf, then came out the room. He took my hand, closing her door a bit, then led me to my bedroom. Together, we undressed and climbed into my bed; Gerard held me close, his hand traced circles against my stomach.

"Remember when we got married? The first night..." He began softly, "We talked about our little babies, and I only wanted little girls... My little Octobers."

I laughed to myself, "Yeah. That was the best night of my life."

"I got my wish, like you said. I was just thinking about it, and I nearly forgotten about it. I want to relive that night, I know you said to take it slow, but it's hard to take things slow."

I nodded, "With you, yeah." 

He smiled against my cheek, "I'm pretty sure you're the only one I want to be with."

"Positive?" I asked him with uncertainty.

"Positive, Sugar."

I snuggled up closer to him, "I never realized how much I missed you." I told him.

"God, I missed you, too. I thought about you everyday." He spoke softly, "I still can't believe you forgive me."

"I love you, that's how I can do it." I replied.

"I love to hear those words from you." 

I smiled, "What? I love you?"

He hummed, "Yeah."

"I love you." I turned my head and kissed him softly.

He pulled away, sucking in a sharp breath, "I love you, too. More than you'll know."

•••

The next couple of days were pretty spectacular. Gerard was always here and he was always with Busy; he's a great dad. I felt a bit bad about keeping him over when he barely saw his band. It didn't really hit me until Mikey showed up at my door and Busy and Gerard were in the living room coloring.

"Where's my brother?" He asked shortly.

I raised my brow slightly, "In my living room."

"Get him, we have shit to do." Mikey had such a sour tone.

"Will do, Mr. Unfriendly." I shut my door and turned towards the living room. 

"Hey, Gee," I stood by the couch, he turned his head to me, "Mikey is here."

Gerard shut his eyes a moment as whatever he had to do popped back into his head, "Damn, I forgot about the photo shoot."

"He's pissed." I told him.

Busy looked at us, "You leave?" She asked sadly.

He sat up, grabbing his shoes, "Yeah, I'm sorry, B."

Busy's bottom lip trembled, "You come back?"

"I will be back as soon as I can, I promise." He kissed the top of her head, "Draw me a picture, okay, Biz?"

She nodded, then he stood up. Gerard came over to me and pulled me into a swift hug, "I'll see you, October."

"Alright."

He kissed me quickly, "Love you."

I smiled, "I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Writer's block is coming over me for this story and I'm getting pissed. Every idea I have for this story just isn't perfect for me. I'm trying my hardest to come up with something good, so forgive me for this shit of an update.
Thanks for reading

xo ali