‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy!"

I quickly got ready to go with Gerard and Busy, and I tried putting everything out of my head for a moment. Still, it gnawed at my brain, and it pissed me off. It bothered me too much to just let it go.

"It's weird seeing Busy with that shirt on," Gerard spoke as soon as got to the house he and the band were sharing, "Only Frank wears our merch."

"She asked to wear it." I told him.

I unbuckled Busy from her carseat, and held her hand as we followed Gerard up the porch. Gerard opened the door, and I heard Frank's infamous giggle. Busy ran in, "Frankie! Frankie! I here!"

I smiled, following behind Gerard. Sure enough, too, there was a small, golden labrador puppy nipping around Busy's ankles. She laughed happily and danced around it, "Mama! Look!"

"I see. Did you figure out a name?"

Frank picked the dog up, Busy began to pet him while Gerard and I sat down; "Yeah, BB, what do you wanna call him?" Frank asked.

Busy continued to pet the dog, and hum, "Happy."

I raised my brow slightly, "You wanna call him Happy?"

She nodded, "Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy!" She sang.

Frank grinned, "Happy it is!" He let the puppy down, "You wanna go play outside until your daddy is finished getting ready?"

Busy nodded, then turned to Gerard, "Hurry up, daddy! I go to the park!"

Gerard laughed, "I'll hurry up." Frank and Busy, and Happy, started for the back sliding door, then ran outside.

Gerard got up and took my hand, I didn't give any thought of not to follow him. He led me upstairs, where I could hear a TV going in one room; we walked down the hall to the last room. He let me in first, then closed the door behind him, "This is my room."

I smirked at him, "I smell coffee and paint. It is your room."

He just laughed, "Just wait here while I shower real quick."

"Shouldn't I just go with Busy?" I asked.

He looked at me, "I really want to talk to you, October.

I furrowed my brows, "What about?"

Gerard came over to me, taking my hand and sitting me on his bed. He took my left arm, his fingers marveled the scars there; I was still slightly embarrassed by them, "I really am sorry."

I felt this weird feeling come over me. I can't really explain it, but it brought tears to my eyes. My stomach tensed up, "Uh, Gee, we already--"

He stopped me, "Let me finish," he spoke softly, "I'm sorry I never truly appreciated you after we got married. I mean, I don't know what happened."

"You started to drink a lot." I pointed out, the tears escaped, Gerard wiped them away for me.

"Yeah." He mumbled, "And, after you were gone and we were divorced, I felt like the biggest idiot on the planet. I felt sorry for you, for our baby, I wished I could've taken it all back."

I tried to flip it, "But you're here now." I tried to say it happily, but the tears let my emotion show.

He sat beside me, placing his hand on my inner thigh, "I was thinking back to when we first really started dating... Back when you had Elsa and your parent's were always gone," I smiled to myself, "And I was so fuckin' happy back then. I loved to be with you, doing absolutely nothing. Even before, when we were just friends, I had the overwhelming desire to kiss you and hold you. I wanted to save you--"

I cut him off, "And you did."

He smiled, to himself, "I did?"

I nodded, "I would've killed myself, hadn't it been for you."

He leaned over and kissed me, his lips stayed close to mine, inching slowly towards my jaw, "October, I love you so bad it hurts. I want to be with you all the time. I want our lives to be as good as they were when we were teenagers... Back when we had no friends and no family, and it was just us."

"We have Busy." I muttered, mostly to myself.

"I know," His breath tickled the crook of my neck as he kissed there, "I want her to be happy, too. I love her as much as I love you."

I swallowed thickly, "I'm sorry I didn't contact you sooner."

He placed one last kiss on the crook of my neck, "Don't apologize," He looked up at me, "After all the shit I said, the last time I saw you, I wouldn't even forgive myself. If I were you, I'd keep Busy from myself... To teach me a fuckin' lesson."

I shook my head, "Gee, don't say that."

"It's true," He sighed, his hand squeezed my thigh, "I don't deserve her. She's just like you, and that's part of the reason I love her."

I smiled slightly, "She loves just like you do." I told him, "She's passionate."

He chuckled, "Yeah, I know. She's amazing."

I patted his cheek, "Now, c'mon, she's waiting for her daddy to take her to the park."

Gerard got up, "Yeah." He leaned down though to kiss me quickly, "I love you."

I smirked at him, "I love you, too, Gee."

Gerard smiled and left the room, leaving me in his quiet little space. I looked around it, got up and decided to check it out.

It was like any typical room, but with a big flat screen TV, and his paints, pens and drawings all over a work desk. I went over and smiled at the picture of Busy there, it was from the beach, my dad had taken it. I picked it up, then I looked down and saw a piece of paper with numbers scribbled down and then her name.

Eliza.

That's when I growled under my breath. It must've been her. But how would she know?

Things flew through my head. Was she the girl who had come by my store the day before I took Busy to the concert? Was she the one who fucked up my store?

"Shouldn't you be with your daughter?" A familiar voice interrupted my thoughts.

New anger rose through me as I recognized the voice belonging to Mikey Way. I put the picture down and turned, "I was just going." I muttered.

He smirked at me, "Bad enough Frank likes you, but you had to drag my brother down with you again."

I stepped away from the desk, "Fuck you." I spat at him, "I never did anything to Gerard, so I don't know why you're so mad at me."

Mikey crossed his arms, "You ruined his life--"

I cut him off, "He ain't suffering, is he? Last time I checked, he was happy that he got a little girl."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "I ain't even sure that Busy is his."

I raised my brow at Mikey, "Are you blind, poor Mikey? Or are you stupid?"

"The only stupid one around here is my brother for believing anything you say." He continued to glare at me, "I can't even began to wonder what's goin' through that idiot's head."

I rolled my eyes, "Why are you so mad at me? Gerard is an adult, he's gonna do what he wants--"

He cut me off, "You know, Eliza is my friend--"

I stopped him right there, "Yeah, your "friend" fucking hurt your brother, but you know that, don't you?" I snarled at him, "Eliza fucking hurt Gerard."

Mikey was speechless and didn't look directly at me. I shook my head, "I'll see you later."

I passed him, making my way down the stairs and through the living room. My head was spinning with all kinds of shit. I just wanted it to stop for a little while.

Outside, as soon as I heard and saw Busy running around the yard and laughing, all that shit seemed dissipate. I smiled at Busy, she chased the little dog around Frank, calling his name, "Happy!"

Then she saw me, "Mama! Lookie the doggy!"

I went over when Busy fell on her butt and giggled when Happy jumped on her lap and began to lick her face. She squealed and laughed, "Mama!"

Frank sat on the grass with her, as did I, "Do you like him?"

Busy giggled, "Loves him, Frankie!"

Frank looked to me, "Can she have the D-O-G?" He asked me.

I raised my brow, "Are you I-N-S-A-N-E?"

He laughed, "I go back to Jersey the day after tomorrow and I'd hate for him to ride and be caged."

I frowned and sighed, "Geez, Frank."

He gave me this funny little pout, "He's trained."

I looked at him, then at Busy as she petted the little puppy. I sighed again, "Well... Okay, fine. She can keep him."

Frank grinned again, "Hey, BB!"

Busy looked up from Happy's face, "Hmm?"

"You love Happy?" Busy nodded vigorously, "Do you wanna keep him?"

Busy squealed, "Mama I keep Happy?!"

I nodded, "Yes, Biz, you can keep Happy."

She giggled happily, "Yes! Yes! Thank you, Frankie!"

Frank leaned over and hugged her, "No problem, B."

Busy got up and came over an hugged me, "Mama, I be good. I loves him."

She was already bargaining, she's a smart kid, "I know, Busy, but you have to tell me when Happy does something he shouldn't."

She nodded, "I will, promise!"

Frank and I watched her chase Happy around until Gerard came out, which was only a few minutes later. He scooped Busy up, Happy barked at Gerard, "Daddy, Frankie gimme Happy!"

Gerard looked at us, I shrugged, Frank just grinned like usual. He shook his head, "Did Frank tell you he has a bunch more dogs back in New Jersey?"

Busy squealed again, "You gots more?"

Frank and I got up, he picked up Happy, "Yep, 4 more dogs."

"Lucky!" Busy said, "Kruger go with BJ."

"He needed attention, B, and you were just a baby." I told her.

"Happy mine." She told me sternly.

I smiled, "I know, I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Mikey's obviously crazy...