‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"I'm fine."

"Mama! Mama, lookie! Look, Thora rollin' over!"

Busy jumped up and down at Thora rolling over on the floor. I sat on my knees, filming and watching her do it; I was so proud of her, "Go, Thora!"

Busy was in awe over it. Thora was getting so big, she was learning to crawl and getting more mobile. Busy always tried to get her to walk, but so far, she could only stand for a little while. 

Gerard hadn't missed most of it, only a bit; he got to see the videos I recorded and emailed to him while he was on tour. When he was home, he spent all of his time, sleep and energy with the girls. I always try to get him to rest, but he doesn't listen.

For the summer, he was off tour for 2 weeks before heading to the UK for an entire month. He and the guys came to LA; Ray, Frank and Mikey were gonna visit for a couple of days before heading out on tour. My dad wanted to barbecue for the 4th of July; my large family got together; Frank, Ray and Mikey all came too.

My parents house was packed with kids; which Frank liked because he loves kids. Most of them were outside, while my dad barbecued; Ray helped him. Mikey, Gerard and myself stayed on the porch saying hello to everyone and handling little Thora.

Mikey had Thora on his lap, letting her play with his phone and his hands. Thora loves Mikey to death, he's her favorite person. I'm sure when she's Busy's age, she and Mikey will be like Busy and Frank.

"Mike is putty," Gerard whispered to me, "Look."

I had glanced at them, Mikey was playing peek-a-boo with her. Thora laughed happily, giggling whenever Mikey said "Boo" to her. I awed at them, but quietly so Mikey wouldn't get embarrassing and stop playing with her.

I leaned over to Gerard, "They're so cute." 

"I'm happy he came around," Gerard added, "I didn't know if he would."

"Me either," I tweaked my lips, "I kinda figured he'd hate me forever."

"Nah," he shook his head, "Mikey's is a sweetheart under his touch exterior."

I laughed, "Scrawny exterior, you mean."


The evening came quickly; I was able to get Mikey to feed Thora while Frank ate with Busy. I was feeling a little tired and fatigued; I think I had enough of the heat.

I went inside to lie down a bit in the couch. Gerard looked worried, he followed me in, "Are you alright?"

"I'm just tired. I need a nap."

Gerard frowned, "How do you feel?"

"My body feels a little heavy."

"Do you feel sick?"

I shook my head, "No."

I sat down and Gerard sat beside me; he put his arm around me and made me rest my head on his shoulder. I gave a small laugh, I kissed his cheek, "I'm fine, alright?"

"I ain't say anything." he chuckled.

"But I know you; you'll ask me if I'm out for the billionth time and I'll say I'm fine for the trillionth time."

He kissed my forehead, "Can't stop me from checking up on you."

"God, I know." I grumbled.

He ran his hand up and down my arm, "It ain't like before, is it?" he asked worriedly.

"No." I said softly.

"Promise?"

I looked up at him, "I promise, Gee."

He squeezed his arm around my middle, "I love you."

I kissed him again, "I love you too."


I felt better by the time we had gone home; the guys all sprawled out in the living room of our house. Gerard and I went let the girls sleep in our room; for one, Gerard wanted them to and Busy really wanted to. I didn't mind at all, I welcomed it, only, I hoped Busy wouldn't kick any of us in her sleep.

Gerard laid against the headboard, with Thora on his chest, snoozing. Her hair is getting long; it's light brown, with blonde and golden tints in it. It's a beautiful color; "She's so cute." I cooed.

Busy looked up from her position at the foot of the bed; she had been coloring, "She's sleepin'."

"Yeah," Gerard said softly, "You should be asleep too."

Busy frowned, "No."

I frowned back at her, "B, you should sleep. Don't you wanna get up early and play with daddy?"

Busy sighed dramatically, "Yes, mama."

"Put your colors away and come lay down."

She pouted and began to put her crayons in their box. She hopped off the bed and put her book and crayons on the dresser and then hopped on the bed. She climbed between Gerard and I and slipped under the blanket.

"I go sleep now." she said.

"Say I'm going to sleep now, Biz." I corrected her.

She frowned again, "Why?"

"So you can sound like a big girl."

She shook her head, "No! I stay a little girl."

Gerard laughed, "Good one, B."

Busy smiled proudly, "Daddy say so, too!"

I shook my head and laughed, "Okay, fine. I'll just help Thora talk like a big girl."

Busy, again, frowned at me, "She can't talk!"

I smiled, "She will one day."

Busy sighed, "Mama ka-fuses me."

I laughed and kissed her head, "Sorry, baby."

She just shrugged, "S'kay!"

•••

The morning, I woke up with a terrible stomachache. I groaned, rolling into my right side; "Shit." I hissed as the pain surged across my belly.

I sat up and held myself, "Oh my God." I stumbled out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

I clenched the toilet, bruising my knees as I vomited. I groaned, lurking my body forward with each purge. I was able to stop and lean back; I flushed the toilet and stood up, shakily and went to the sink. 

"Mama?" I heard Busy call out to me.

"Yeah?" I called softly as I grabbed my toothbrush.

"Uncle Ray is making pancakes!" she cheered happily, "Wan' some?"

I shook my head, "No, no,"

Busy looked up at me, "You sick?"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah."

Busy gasped, then ran off, "Daddy!"

I shut my eyes a moment, my head's throbbing built quickly. I began to brush my teeth in a rush, to hurry up and sit. 

"October?" Gerard called my name in a worrisome tone, "October?"

I rinsed my mouth, "I'm fine." I mumbled.

He came in, "What's wrong?"

"Just threw up. I'm fine." I took in a deep breath.

"How do you feel?" he took hold of my arm.

"My stomach feels sore." I told him.

He put his hand to my forehead and frowned, "You have a fever."

"I just need to lie down."

Gerard didn't disagree, he helped me to the bed. I rolled back against the pillows, trying to get comfortable. Gerard knelt beside me, his hand combing my hair back repeatedly, "I'm gonna sit here until you feel better."

"Where's Thora?"

"Mikey's feeding her."

I sighed softly, "Did you change her?"

"Biz reminded me."

Just as he said that, Busy came running into the room with her small bag, "Mama, I wan' lay here and draw for you."

I smiled at her, "Thank you, B."

"Till you feel all better!" Gerard helped her onto the bed, "You still sick?"

I nodded, "I'll be better soon."

Busy came over and kissed my cheek, "You are warm." she said slowly, "See, I talk like big girls!"

I smiled at her again, "Thank you so much, baby."

She hummed, "You welcome, mama."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, we're at 90 chapters! Holy cow, I barely noticed!
This story is ending soon, but I'm not sure exactly when. I just know how I will end it.
Thank you for reading, continuously, you're all amazing!

xoali