Burning the Rulebook on Romance

Raising hell and disturbing peace

“What’s on the agenda then?” I asked Ronnie when we all headed off from the restaurant, full of food like contented fat cats.

“Not making out in the parking lot that’s for sure,” he scoffed in response.

“Dude,” I scrunched my nose at him, “that so didn’t happen,” I rolled my eyes.

“You wanted it to,” he teased, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

“Bull-fuckin’-shit, man,” I retorted.

Pretty sure my cheeks were in danger of flushing fuchsia. Yeah Jacky is cute but there’s just no way I could get involved with him. It would not work out well. My mind was arguing with me of course because my conscience still hadn’t become helpful and refuses to see sense or reason.
Why? What’s wrong with him? We’re both adults here. Ronnie wouldn’t mind’. Seriously that stupid voice of chaos was relentless. It constantly screamed at me at every opportunity to do things I knew were wrong.

“Dee?” Ronnie was grinning at me, “Earth to Dakota.”

Reality was back in sight, as was everyone else, whom were evidently staring at me in amusement.

“S’up, s’up?” I nodded up and smiled casually.

“What was that about? You totally zoned out.” Ronnie questioned.

“Having an epiphany. Come on, let’s roll!” I avoided confessing my deluded inner ramblings and arguments.

I urged the bitches onwards and allowed them to have a ‘quiet’ night with beer and the Xbox, rather than force them to a club.

**

“Can we watch a movie?” I proposed much later.

“Not if you’re picking it,” Ronnie replied.

“That’s a little unfair, man,” Jacky said.

“No, cause she’ll pick a Hellraiser movie and they suck.”

“Do not suck!” I pouted.

“I’m not watching Hellraiser,” Ronnie stated firmly.

“I don’t mind you leaving the room,” I grinned. “They don’t suck anyway. Pinhead is a dude! How can you not love the guy?”

“How the hell is he a dude? He looks stupid,” Ronnie fought his corner.

“He looks badass, man. He lets the main chick get away with her soul every time. He’s a dude,” I giggled.

“He is pretty cool,” Jacky agreed with me.

It seemed that nobody else wanted in on the debate.

“Thank you!” I looked over and high-fived him.

“You’re only sayin’ that cause you want to bang her.”

“If that were my reason, it’d be the lamest attempt ever,” Jacky defended.

The room went quiet aside from sounds of the video game that was still being played.

“Why don’t you guys go to the bar while we finish this?” Ronnie suggested flippantly.

“Technically I came to hang out with you, dude,” I stated.

“An hour doesn’t make much difference, especially if you’re obsessing over shitty movies right now,” he smirked.

“You’re a bitch, Ronnie,” I punched his bicep lightly. “You wanna go to the bar?” I looked to Jacky.

“Alright yeah,” he nodded shyly.

“Don’t wait up,” I winked and grabbed my purse off the side. I pulled out money, ID and my phone, stuffed them into my pockets so I wouldn’t have to carry anything and yanked the door open.

“See you later,” everyone called as we exited the room.

Ronnie’s POV
Jacky knew what I was up to and his nod told me he was thankful for it. He didn’t need to say it but I could see he liked Dakota and just needed a push. Dakota on the other hand was harder to read. She’d always been a nut job and thank fuck I got over her or she’d be driving me crazy. Considering the way she didn’t flinch away in the parking lot (yeah we were all watching) I’d say she’d at least consider him. Bottom line is Jacky needs a nice girlfriend and I don’t know many women better suited to him than Dakota. That may seem presumptuous but she’s not completely changed. I know she’s still the shy girl with a fight or two hidden within.

Dakota’s POV
We reached the bar and I ordered us JD and cokes then five shots each of some random spirit. Jacky initially looked at me like I was a fruitcake.

“What? If you’re gonna do it, over-do it,” I smiled, “Ok not literally, just do it right,” I corrected.

“Ok fair enough,” he nodded and we took our shots one by one. “So are you really into those movies then?”

“What, Hellraiser? Yeah I’m a huge geek for them and Resident Evil stuff,” I grinned and sipped my JD.

“Cool, what’s your favourite?”

“Ah what! That’s like askin’ which child is your favourite!” I exclaimed, amused.

“You didn’t really make them,” he responded in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Aw no, really?” I said with an even heavier ‘duh’ tone, then thought about it. “Its impossible to answer, I know my favourite five-ten minutes of Afterlife though.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Starts off on the prison roof when Alice blows the shit out of the zombies and lets them chase her off. Then up to the end of the shower scene with the Axeman dude. That is the best scene hands down,” I explained rather geekily.

“Wow you are a Resident Evil nerd,” Jacky smirked.

“Meh, I know, what can ya do,” I shrugged. “What about you? Best movie or best bit?”

This conversation got sillier the more we drank.

Time flew by and I was sat giggling on the floor with half of my drink down my shirt after falling from my seat when we were joined.

“Time to go you guys,” Derek stood over me looking unimpressed.

“But we’re having a riot!” Jacky whined.

“You’re a mess,” Ryan grabbed hold of my arms and hoisted me to my feet.

Ronnie yanked Jacky off his barstool and we were guided away from our fun times.

“You bitches are fun ruiners!” I pouted in distaste.

I was stumbling as they led us away but managed to grab onto Jacky’s hand. He smiled and squeezed my hand back.

“Nu-uh. No way. You two are going straight to bed and not together,” Ronnie decided as we reached the suite door.

“Bed? Fuck no dad!” I retorted.

“Oh come on, we’re just hangin’ out!” Jacky defended.

“You’re trouble, Dee,” Ronnie rolled his eyes at me.

“Your face is trouble,” I muttered and sat on the sofa with my arms folded, most displeased indeed.

“Fine, stay here. Do you even know what time it is?” Ronnie huffed at the two of us as Jacky sat next to me.

“No. Should I?” I responded, far more irritated that I should have been.

“Its two AM! We thought something happened to you!” he was close to yelling.

“Well sorry but we’re not children. Chill the fuck out.” I scowled.

“Just stay here. We’ll leave you two alone, just don’t go anywhere,” Ronnie mumbled and left the room.

“Good night?” I called after him.

“Night.” He said and closed a door behind him, most likely leading to a bedroom.

I looked up to the remaining individuals who said nothing but saluted us and left.
Jacky and I were alone again. Great. Now I was drunk and had to control myself.
We picked a horror film and within the first half migrated from opposite ends to the centre of the sofa and curled up together. I was absentmindedly playing with his hair and watching vampires rip their prey apart as I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope ya'll liked that chapter, it was a bit of fun. I don't know how fucked up Mibba actually is cos it's not counting anything on individual chapters and that might have something to do with allededly no comments. Who knows. If thats the case feel free to inbox or post on my wall.
Having funnn.