Burning the Rulebook on Romance

Attitude

I awoke late the next day. Classes were due to begin at eleven and it was already ten-thirty - whoops.
I jumped into the shower then dressed, applied some eyeliner and grabbed my bag and latte flavoured protein shake before diving out of the door.

“Thanks for waking me!” I rolled my eyes at Eve whom was sat on the front steps of the studio with her hot coffee shop latte.

“I was gonna cover for you if you didn’t make it,” she shrugged innocently.

“Oh,” I considered her selflessness, “Thanks.”

She sipped more of her steaming beverage and opened the door to the building. “I want details on your trip though.”

“There isn’t anything to really tell,” I yawned.

“Yes there obviously is! You were hanging out with your hot friend and his band, which consists of other hot guys,” she stated knowingly.

**

We did our classes all day, between which were riots of fun as usual. The students are so much fun that they’re a great deal more than just students to us. Those girls make it every bit worthwhile to teach and it fills me with all the good kind of emotions every lesson. Its time I can forget anything shitty and pretend nothing exists but pole! Which is good considering about halfway through the day, between lessons I found a message from Bryan. It wasn’t anything bad, he just reminded me of what I don’t care for.

**

“What’s bugging you? Spill,” Eve interrupted my babbling on the topic of ‘suicide’ and ‘death’ drops.

“Nothing. I-“ I looked at her facial expression which meant business, “Bryan text me that’s all,” I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Saying?” she persisted.

“Asking if I’m back and when we can hang out again,” I shrugged.

“Oh fuck it. Speak to him tomorrow,” Eve waved her hand dismissively. “I think we should go out. Deadbolt is on tonight and tomorrows classes aren’t ‘til late afternoon,” she decided for me.

“Yeah I suppose it’s been a while. Fuck it lets go.”

We arrived home later that night after more classes and assembled ourselves for an evening of dancing and cocktails.

“So who’s the cutest from Ronnie’s band? What’s that British guy like?” Eve questioned as we sat down in the club with drinks.

“I don’t get the obsession with the fact he’s British,” I rolled my eyes. I never understood the fascination. “Jacky, he’s a really nice guy. We hung out a bit.”

I went on to explain what had happened, not that it was a big deal.

“So you like him!” she gasped.

“ I don’t know. I think he’s too nice perhaps. Not sure he could handle my…dark side,” I told her over the blasting music.

“Too nice? You always complain that men are assholes,” Eve frowned.

“I will never complain again. Honestly I don’t want to corrupt him.”

“He’s a little too old to be corrupted, honey,” Eve laughed.

“I don’t know,” I honestly didn’t.

“Ok, let me distract you. More drinks!” she declared and finished the liquid contained within her clear plastic cup. Halfway to the bar a great song came on so we had to stop and dance.

We got very, very, very drunk and danced all night and paraded around in our short skirts like sexy bitches.

The next day I woke up before my alarm and stared at the glass half full of water and the open pack of painkillers on the nightstand. Not remembering a thing except fumbling with the front door key and Eve cackling wildly I must have managed to take my tablets and drink before passing out to ensure a softer hangover. I finished the glass of liquid chasing another couple of painkillers and got out of bed. I’d previously flopped onto my covers still wearing my stiletto heels and glittery tank top. The more of a slut you look, the less guys want to talk to you, I find.

As I entered the hallway and headed for the kitchen there was a knock at the door.

“The fuck?” I muttered to myself en route to answer it. Without checking my face or the peephole I opened the door and there stood Bryan Money.

“Dude…the fuck?” I frowned in confusion. “What are you…how did you know where…the fuck?”

I was not being assaulted by much knowledge at this point.

“You must’a really been ruined last night huh,” Bryan smiled. “Do you not remember giving me your address?”

I shook my head as this was news to me.

“You just text saying we’d talk today and gave me your address,” he informed me.

“Talk? Talk about what?” I stepped back and motioned for him to come in.

“About your trip, about this album release you want your pole crew to perform at,” he shrugged.

We sat down at the kitchen island while the coffee maker brewed up my latte and I stirred my yoghurt around its plastic container.

“I also wanted to talk to you about something else. Just don’t go nuts,” he admitted.

“If it’s about Max then don’t even bother,” I grunted then swallowed a spoonful of apricot.

“Ok, ok. Maybe now isn’t the best time,” he spoke immediately.

“There is never a good time for Green,” I sighed.

A moment later Eve waltzed into the room and stopped motions immediately.
“Bryan? What he doing here, Dee? Bryan leave now!” she demanded.

“Oh Bry’, this is Eve,” I introduced them.

“Er…hi?” he started at her pyjama clad entity.

“Now leave. Leave now. Now. Go.” She continued like a broken child’s toy.

“Eve, its cool. Shut up,” I told her.

“No, no, no its not,” she hurried her words and stormed out.

“I’m uh…gonna go,” he frowned.

“O…kay. I’ll tell you to come by when she’s not in next time. Sorry about her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO sorry for taking so long! I'm equally sorry this chapter was pants. It is kinda relevant though. As soon as I said I'd update more I got very busy and inspiration left me. Men have this effect but I won't bore you with the details. Honestly I don't know when the next chapter will be up but I do have pages of a really good chapter pre-written so all is not lost.
Thank you to my subs and readers and extra special thanks to
shinigamiroulette
JessyBearMcSquiggle

for comments XD