Status: FINISHED- Possible Sequel

Under The Sheets

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Being home in Minnesota was exactly what T.J had needed. He needed to be around the people that knew him best so he could unwind and figure out exactly what his next move would be.

Would he stay in St. Louis this summer and begin a real relationship with Emily? Or would he leave Emily behind in hopes of going to Sweden to find Eden once more?

It was hard for T.J to decide because there were so many "what if" questions floating around his head. He didn't know what to listen to, for his heart and his head sometimes changed their opinions.

T.J hugged his father tightly upon seeing him.

"Good to see you, bud." Tim Oshie smiled, hugging his son tightly.

"You, too." T.J nodded.

"Okay," Tim muttered to just T.J. "That's not Eden."

"I know," T.J sighed. "I'll talk to you about it later tonight. Just be nice to her, okay? I like her."

"Dad, this is Emily. Emily, this is my Dad." T.J smiled, introducing them. Emily smiled and greeted his father, shaking his hand.

T.J made sure that Emily was set up and comfortable with his mother, talking in the living room over wine. He excused himself to go and help his Dad cook dinner.

"Hey," T.J stated, walking out onto the deck. He closed to sliding door behind him and sat down on a chair near the barbecue.

"Hey, kid." Tim stated, scraping the barbecue. "So, what's the deal with Emily?"

"Okay," T.J sighed. "A few months ago, after we came back from Christmas here, we went home to the apartment and were fooling around on the couch. Patrik came home from Sweden and walked in on us, so he obviously found out what was going on. We told him what had been going on and then once we talked him down from killing me, he said that we had to tell Eden's Dad by the summer."

"Then a few weeks later Eden got really sick. She was throwing up all the time, certain foods made her nauseous. I didn't understand what was going on," T.J continued, shrugging. "Turns out she was pregnant. The only other person who knew was Patrik's girlfriend was Maria. Then I guess she told Patrik. I had gone out to get more ice cream for E for when she came home from being out one day. I came in and she and Patrik were fighting."

"Eden's pregnant?" Tim Oshie gasped, staring at his son.

"Dad, I'm not done." T.J stated.

"Sorry, keep going."

"I came in and she was fighting with Patrik in the living room. He stormed off and then Eden told me that she was pregnant. She showed me the ultrasound with the little peanut of a baby in it," T.J smiled softly. "Things were going well for a few days and then Patrik came bursting into our house and kept apologizing. Within a few seconds her father was in the apartment yelling and telling Eden that they had to leave."

"And she just left with him?" Tim asked, sitting down and facing T.J. He was having a hard time processing what happened.

"She just left with him," T.J nodded. "I tried to get her to stay and convince him to let her stay, but she wasn't having it. Kept telling me how pointless it was, that we wouldn't win against him. She packed her bags and left."

"T.J, I'm so sorry." Tim sighed, gripping T.J's arm. "That's awful. Have you talked to her since?"

"No," T.J sighed. "I haven't heard a word from her in months. I don't know if she's still pregnant, I don't even know what's happening with her. I tried to talk to her a little while ago, but then she never got back to me. I just want to see her. I want her back, Dad."

"Then what's stopping you?"

"The angry, American hating father that stole her away from me?" T.J scoffed.

"T.J, he's just a man. He's a man holding onto that last shred of fatherhood because he knows he's losing his little girl," Tim stated. "I think you need to contact Patrik and get him to talk to Eden."

"That's the other thing," T.J replied, rubbing his face. "Patrik and I aren't speaking right now."

"Well, I think that you need to call Patrik or email him- something- to get your friendship back," Tim stated.

"Yeah," T.J mumbled.

"If you think that there's even a chance that you're in love with her still, or that she's the girl for you, then you have to find a way to contact her." Tim stated. "You do what you have to for the person you love, T.J."

"It's not that easy, Dad."

"It's not supposed to be," Tim shrugged, standing up and turning back to the barbecue.

T.J sighed and slouched in the chair.

After dinner everyone sat outside for drinks for a bit before T.J and Emily decided to turn in early. Emily laid on top of T.J, her hands all over him. T.J put his hands firmly on her hips, but didn't touch her much more than that.

"Are you okay?" Emily asked.

"I'm just really tired, hun." T.J sighed, taking his hands off of her.

"Do you want to stop?" Emily asked.

T.J Oshie was never one to turn down sex. He was never known for being "too tired" to have sex with anyone, let alone with his girlfriend.

"Would you mind?" T.J asked.

"Not at all," Emily replied, kissing his forehead and rolling off of him. She laid down on her side with her back facing him.

"I'm sorry," T.J sighed, rubbing her back.

"S'okay," Emily shrugged.

T.J nodded and pulled his hands off of her and cuddled down into the bed. Just as he was drifting off to sleep, he heard Emily speak softly.

"I heard all about Eden and what you're planning on doing," Emily whispered.

"Emily," T.J sighed.

"Why would you bring me here with you if you're planning on getting her back?" Emily asked. "Why would you use me like that, T.J?"

"Emily, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention," T.J replied.

"Tomorrow I'm going to leave," She replied. "I'm going to try and get a flight back home to St. Louis."

"Emily, please. You don't have to do that," T.J stated, looking at her.

"I think I do," Emily replied, smiling weakly.

It killed T.J that he was hurting her the way he was. He really didn't intend to hurt her. He really had liked her.

"I really do like you, Emily."

"I know you do," Emily nodded. "But you love her, so I think that she's the one you should be with."

T.J gave her a kiss and rubbed her cheekbone with his thumb. He couldn't thank her enough for what she was doing. He knew that this was a big thing for her to do for him. This was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for him.

Emily had made up his mind for him. T.J was going to Sweden to get Eden back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments so far! Please keep it up! I love reading what you think!