Status: FINISHED- Possible Sequel

Under The Sheets

Lion's Den

Calling Patrik Berglund after having not spoken to him in months was never hard for T.J. The two had always been best friends and even when they hadn't spoken in months they would pick up right where they left off as if no time had gone by. This time was a little harder seeing as they had left St. Louis on bad terms with one another.

T.J had blamed Patrik for Eden leaving and told him that he had no intentions of forgiving him. He really didn't, but he needed Patrik at the moment. T.J had decided to put aside the resentment he felt towards Patrik and to call him up, asking for his help in finding Eden.

Saying goodbye to Emily proved to be difficult for T.J. He couldn't help but think that if he wasn't so consumed and in love with Eden that he and Emily might have had a real shot at happiness together. He felt bad, but he couldn't be more thankful for what she was doing. It was selfless and thoughtful and there was no way in this world that T.J could ever repay her.

"Patrik. Hey, it's T.J." T.J sighed later that morning as he called Patrik.

"T.J? Hi," Patrik replied, completely caught off guard that T.J was contacting him. Patrik had given up hope that he and T.J would be friends again. He knew that what he did was wrong and he didn't think T.J would ever forgive him.

"Listen," T.J stated. "I'm sick of sitting around and wondering what could have been with Eden and I. I need your help in getting her back."

"I wish I could help, T.J. I really do, but I haven't heard from her since she left St. Louis." Patrik replied. "I can't get a hold of her."

"I figured as much," T.J groaned. "What would you say if I came out to Sweden to see you?"

"So we can find her ourselves?" Patrik continued.

"See, that's why you were my best friend. You knew what I was thinking," T.J laughed softly.

"When can you be here?"

T.J had found a flight for Sweden in about two days. T.J packed immediately and waited for two days. He couldn't contain his excitement and nervousness. He was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. He knew that what he was doing was bold. He knew that this was something that could also go horribly wrong. T.J didn't care. He just wanted to try it and see what happened. Then he could move on with his life.

The flight to Sweden was long and boring. T.J got off the plan early in the afternoon being greeted by Patrik Berglund. T.J smiled softly and walked over to his friend.

"Hey," T.J smiled walking over to Patrik.

"Hey, buddy." Patrik smiled. The two men exchanged a hug and then Patrik led T.J out to the parking lot where his car was.

"Maria," T.J smiled at the small woman who was standing outside the car.

"Teej," Maria sighed softly, hugging T.J. "I'm so sorry."

"We'll fix it," T.J nodded.

The ride to Patrik's house was short and filled with light chatter. It was still awkward between everyone and T.J assumed it would be so until he knew what was going to happen with him and Eden.

"Have you heard from her at all, Maria?" T.J asked.

Maria had come to Sweden with Patrik for the summer. They had been dating a while and Patrik really liked her. He had wanted her to meet his family. T.J remembered what that was like.

"Only a couple of times," Maria replied. "She really shut herself off when she came back to Sweden. I've hung out with her a few times here, but not a lot. She's not the same."

"How's the baby?" T.J asked.

"I don't know," Maria sighed. "I haven't seen her in a while."

T.J groaned. He really wanted to know how the baby was doing and how Eden was doing with the pregnancy.

They pulled into Patrik's house and Patrik showed T.J to his bedroom.

"So did you want to take a nap or-"

"I want to find Eden," T.J stated. "I don't want to waste any more time. I need to find her now. I'll go crazy if I don't."

Patrik nodded. They got Maria to write down all the places she and Eden had gone to when they hung out in Sweden and Patrik wrote down Eden's home address. They all got in the car and drove around to the spots. T.J looked around all the restaurants, bookstores, record shops and parks and couldn't find her.

T.J was beginning to lose hope. He wanted to go home already. He was feeling so defeated not being able to find Eden. He was hoping that she would be somewhere nearby. He figured that he would check the house and then he would go back to Patrik's and probably head home. He didn't want to be here any longer than he had to. The fear of running into Mr. Anderberg was driving him crazy.

"Maria, you go." T.J urged.

"I can't, T.J. You want this then you have to," Maria sighed. "I'm sorry this is something that you have to do."

T.J groaned and got out of the car and walked up the walkway to Eden's house. The house was a small, one story house. The walkway was gravel and lined with beautiful pink flowers. T.J thought he could like this place. When he reached the front door he ran the doorbell and exhaled heavily. He prayed that her father didn't answer the door.

A tiny blonde woman opened the door. She was beautiful and wearing a light pink sundress. She looked just like Eden, but on her right shoulder she had a tiny scar and Eden didn't have a scratch on her body.

"Hi, I'm T.J and-"

"I know who you are," The girl smiled. "You are the American boy my sister fell in love with."

"Yup, that's me." T.J nodded.

"I'm Elena," She smiled, extending a hand. "Eden's sister."

"Nice to meet you," T.J replied. "Look I don't want to sound pushy, but is she here?"

"Normally I wouldn't allow you in. Father's rules, but since he's not here I will make an exception. She's out back." Elena stated, nodding her head to the left side of the house.

T.J thanked her and walked along the front porch to the back walkway. He walked through a gate and looked at the immaculate backyard. It was a very large backyard with perfectly green grass. The pink flowers were along the fence line. In the right corner of the backyard was a gazebo with a wooden bench swing in it.

"Eden," T.J muttered upon seeing her sitting on the swing and reading a book. He picked up his pace, not wanting to waste anymore time. "Eden."

Eden looked up, moving a piece of her blonde hair off of her face. Her hair was in a chignon and wearing a white sundress herself.

"T.J!" She gasped, putting her book on the bench. She got up and ran to him, jumping into his arms. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I came to find you!" T.J replied, kissing all over her face. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you, too." Eden smiled, tugging at his hair beneath his hat. "I can't believe you're actually here!"

T.J put her down on her feet and put his hands on her hips. Panic ran through his body as he felt her.

"Why are you so little?" He asked.

"I wanted to tell you," Eden replied, sighing. She held onto his shirt and tried to pull him towards the swing.

"Eden, where's the baby?" T.J asked, his body stiffening.

"The baby is gone, T.J." Eden replied, tears in her eyes. T.J felt his heart drop down to his feet, he felt like he was going to throw up.

"What do you mean the baby is gone?" T.J asked, his voice quivering.
♠ ♠ ♠
DON'T HATE ME!