Drop Dead Gerard

nothing left within my lonely room without you



Lindsey stood at her bathroom mirror staring at her pale broken refection. She stepped closer running her hands over the conscious imperfections in her skin that was being illuminated by the green-ish tinge in the bathroom light . She brushed the Deadly red lipstick violently away from her face in disgust.
She hated the woman staring back at her but she would forever be by her side like a darkened shadow.
A tear seeped from her eyes and down past her cheeks. She took a deep sigh. She needed to find freedom. Lindsey walked up to her window.

------------------------------------

Lindsey rested against her dust covered window sill , gazing through the thin, fragile layer of glass that hung between hell and freedom. The window gave a slight creek as she opened it. the gentle breeze ran through her darkened, raven hair and filled up her lungs, allowing her to breath again .The icy air was terning her skin numb and drying out her teary eyes. Lindsey was entranced by the hypnotic night air as she sat remembering back to when she was sat in the park bench looking up to the same glow of hanging stars but this time there was nobody to hold her close.
Lindsey's attention was moved to the city lights, how they all seemed to morph into one display of dazzling color. She watched every car as it came speeding past leaving a pollution of rage to be heard by every apartment surrounding it.
Lindsey didn't mind though, it let her know that she was still living and there actually was an outside world Some wear distant that was hidden from her view.
Lindsey looked to the the ground to The deep , untouchable concrete floor.
It was the noise that hit her senses first. The distinctive sounds of an ambulance siren.
Then she saw it , speeding down the streets of South ashfield heights making it's way to the end of the street wear a crowd was emerging.
Her eyes couldn't adjust to find out what was happening.
All of a sudden a slick black cat jumped up beside her. She stroked his glossy fur and cuddled her.
"I wonder whats going on out there , huh Selina?"
"Lets just hope nobody's hurt"
With that she carefully picked Selina up into her arms.
"I bet your thirsty huh? i know i sure am anyway...."
Lindsey walked up to her cobweb infected fridge and opened the door.
a stale meal from a atleast a week ago lingering in the back shelf, it gave of a revolting smell. In the door of the fridge was 3 cartons of fresh milk.
Lindsey opened one and filled the cats bowl, In her thirst , Selina came rushing by her side to drink from her bowl. Lindsey not bothering with a glass, also took a drink from the new carton of milk.
After she was satisfied that Selina was finished she gently picked the cat up into her arms once again.
She walked over to the moth eaten couch with a visible spring and took a seat resting the dusk toned cat onto her lap .
She looked around at her apartment with shame.
The whole place was coated in the cheapest shade of Grey that was only just visible through a bleak light bulb swaying from the cracked damp ceiling.
Every object was covered in thick dust and occupied by a hung , awaiting Spider.
Nailed to the middle of one wall was a grim painting of a tearful clown . Although it was a cheerless painting it was the only think that contained a large mass of color and interest. It was also the only object that stood out in the apartment.
"I had such a fun day today..."Said Lindsey to her pet cat Selina.
"And i actually met someone today..."
"Yeah before you ask,..it's a guy"
"I know what you're thinking, your thinking...he's just gonna hurt you like very other guy out there"
"But you haven't met him Selina...you don't know what he's like."
"Your probably thinking, why the fuck is he interesting in a psychotic woman like me who talks to they're pet cat at night because she has nobody else to talk to ,huh Selina?"
"Yeah...I'm thinking that too..."
One last tear escaped as Silence filled out the room once again and Lindsey's eyes became heavy until they finally fell into darkness.