Drop Dead Gerard

Have you Heard the news that you’re Dead!



Lydia slowly unzipped the body bag.
Mikey could feel all his emotions colliding in one , running through his body at the speed of light and blurring his eyes with tears.
He stepped closer and took a second glance at the body that lay in front of him. He then quickly looked away upwards in an attempt to stop the falling tear and try to control his shaken nerves.
“It’s him....That’s G-Gerard” Whispered Mikey
Mikey then ran out of the room leaving Gerard behind , he wasn’t able to cope any longer.
Gerard didn’t even notice his brother leave the room, he just stood there staring.
“Gerard...Gerard are you okay?” Asked Lydia Sympathetically.
Gerard blanked out and hit the floor with a silent crash.

------------

“Gerard...” ”Gerard wake up!...Can you hear me?” Asked Lydia as she lay next to Gerard on the hospital floor, Her voice could be heard in the distance as Gerard opened his eyes and took a look around at the blurry surroundings.
“Wh-What?...Where a-...What?!” Asked Gerard not remembering what had happened.
“Just wait up for a second and try to calm down”
Gerard focused and tried to make sense of wear he was and what was going on.
“Lindsey , I think i had a bad dream!”
“Urm...No Gerard that wasn’t a dream and Lindsey’s not here right now?
“Wear is she?”
“She’s at home Gerard , You don’t need to worry about her right now”
Gerard looked up
“Lydia?!...B-but your not real”
“I’ll try not to take that offensively”
“No...but your just a fragment of my imagination...What the fuck...Have i started drinking again?!”
“No Gerard, Your not drunk and your not dreaming, Everything you just experienced is real”
Gerard’s mind went back into reverse as he saw images of Lindsey , walking home ,the car , the crash , flashing lights , darkness , the hospital , seeing his own dead corpse.
“I know its a lot to take in bu-”Lydia tried to comfort him as best as she could”
“ALOT TO TAKE IN?!! Lydia, i just saw myself dead and your trying to tell me that shit was real?!”
Lydia stood up
“If you don’t believe me then look for yourself”
Gerard then stood up and followed Lydia.
She pointed to the metal bed he had seen before, He then looked at himself lying there life drained and stone cold.
“B-But i don’t understand...I’m alive”
“Gerard...I’m the only one who can see you, Your Dead”
He’d never experienced this feeling before...the feeling of finding out that your no longer alive .
He felt as though someone had ripped out his no longer beating heart and shattered it into a million pieces. Everything he had lived for had lost all meaning, he would never get the chance to talk to his family and his friends again or ever get the chance to live life. He thought back to Lindsey...he felt sick and a range or anger inside him. The only person Gerard had ever fallen in love with had been taken away from him.
“I’m sorry...about Lindsey” Said Lydia in almost a whisper
“W-What?”
“Lindsey, I I’m just sorry you cant see her anymore”
“...How do you know about Lindsey.”
“...I know allot of thing Gerard...but you don’t need to know everything just now.”
“Bu-”
“Its okay to be afraid...I was just like you once, I remember when i first realized i was dead. I was wondering wear the fuck all the fluffy cotton candy clouds wear and the huge golden doors that lead to the rising escalators that took you to heaven wear”
Gerard smirked “Like on the Simpson’s?”
Lydia giggled “Yeah”
“Okay...So I’m dead...no matter how many times i say that i don’t think it will register in my mind!”
“It never will”
“So how come there’s no cotton candy clouds and the big guy in the sky?”
“Oh Heaven is real, But heaven is for the people that are ready to die go, For some reason you and me we have unfinished business here, Until that business is taken care of i guess were kinder stuck here to rome earth as spirits of the living dead” Explained Lydia
“It sounds kinder cool if you put it that way”
“Pfft , yeah it’s not that cool, You ever heard of the grim reaper?”
“Uh...Sure, skeleton dude with a scythe?”
“Yeah well guess what, He’s real”
“Waw awesome!”
“No, not awesome, Verry un-awesome!, He’s now your boss. All the living dead work for hi-”
“WORK?? you mean you have to work wean your dead too, What the fuck are we supposed to do?”
“I was getting to that part” Snapped Lydia “It’s our job to take control of human destiny . If its fate that something’s going to happen , we make it happen!”
“Urmmm...Okay?”
Lydia sighed “Okay say there was an old grandma walking across the road at 1cm per minutes and there was a speeding car coming her way what do you do?”
“well i guess I’d shout GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY GRANDMA!!! or I’d run out there and try and save her”
“Wrong”
“Wrong?! what do you mean wrong? I’m being a total hero, I’m risking my young ass to save an old lady”
“We are not heroes Gerard okay...if anything we are the bad guys! If it was her fate to die We would have to make sure that old woman died”
“B-but that’s so mean”
“Yeah well that’s our ticket out of hell”
“What your telling me this isn’t hell?”
“Dude this is a walk in the park compared to hell...trust me on this , if you had any sense you would do anything it takes to stay out of hell, just keep the boss sweet and maybe we’ll get out of this completely dead”
“wait ...you want to die?”
“No but its better than being half alive”
“But don’t you ever feel bad...”
“Bad? I feel terrible! My last client...he was a nice guy...He was on top of the world and i had to bring him all the way down to this shit hole with me?”
“How did he die?”
“Car crash...”whispered Lydia not being able to look him in the eye.
“You killed me?...”
“Gerard It’s my job , i had too, i was scared......I’m sorry” Lydia looked up at Gerard and then back down.
Gerard sighed “It’s okay Lydia, Don’t feel bad...i guess it was just fate screwing me over...big time”