Drop Dead Gerard

Fade to Black

I'm sorry but the person you have called is unavailable please try again later or leave a message after the beep.
*beep*
Hey...Gerard,
This is Lindsey.
Well I've been trying to call you for a while now and you don't seem to be returning them. I know this sounds totally lame but...have i done anything...i mean you can tell m- Okay look if you don't think this is working out at least have the balls to tell me yourself instead of blanking me out!! " Lindsey sighed "Gerard I'm sorry i guess I'm just not having a great day and I'm taking it out on you or at least your answering machine. The other night i had this really fucked up dream and...okay know this sounds lame and when i see you youl probably laugh but it really scared me...i guess i just wanna make sure your okay...Goodbye.
*Beep*
Lindsey hung up the phone and took a long look out of her apartment window.
It was yet another dismal day with a Grey dull sky.
The weather guy on TV had promised a little sun later on but Lindsey had lernt never to trust the weathermen...or even men in general.

in the news today, the race is still on for Americas next president as Senator Gold continues his campaign in the state of California talking publicity about new policy's regarding proposition 4 ...

Lindsey grabbed the remote and switched the TV off, Silence flooded the room once again.
What do you think i should do tinker bell?
A beautiful black cat jumped up onto the window cull loving every moment of attention she got from Lindsey.
"Hmm i think you might be right tinks, I mean i want to find out whats going on right? i mean fuck it so what if he thinks I'm a psycho loon? I'm just by chance passing through his neighborhood and casually walking up to his door to say hey...Don't you give me that look tinkerbell.
Lindsey grabbed her apartment keys from the counter and left . She was sure if capable, tinkerbell would be rolling her eyes at her.

-----------------------------------------

Lindsey took one deep breath as she reached level 15 of the apartment blocks and knocked Gerard's door 3 times.
A few seconds seemed longer as she patiently awaited an answer. Eventually the door began to creek and then open.
Lindsey was surprised not to see Gerard standing by the door but instead a woman.
She had big blond hair and heavy blue eye make-up, Lindsey guessed she was approximately in her 50's.
"Hello? Can i help you?"Asked the woman in a kind hearted voice
"Erm...yeah, Can you please tell me where Gerard is?"
The woman looked slightly taken back
She sighed then continued to speak "I'm Donna way...Gerard's mom, Are you one of his friends?"
"Oh...nice to meet you...y-yeah I'm a friend, Lindsey"
"...You haven't heard have you hon?"
"Excuse me, what do you mean by that?"
"maybe you should take a seat...I'm sure we can get Donald to get you some nice coco an-"
"Whats going on!!!" panic struck Lindsey's voice
"Oh darlin'..."Donna looked slightly sympathetic "I'm afraid Gerard passed away, he was in a car accident an-"Donna cut off as the conversation got to much to handle and her emotions got the better of her. Donna tried to hide her tears away.
Lindsey just stood there. For a moment not knowing what to do or what to think. Everything around her had come to a steady Holt and she couldn't find the air to breath. She slowly turned around, her legs taking steps but not registering in her thought what shes doing. her eyes began to flicker and her eyelids became heavy. She began to loose all power in her limbs until she collapsed down the wooden staircase until cracking her head against the tilled floor. She tasted blood and everything began to fade to black. The last think she heard was the panic of Donna's voice
"Oh my- DONALD!!! DONALD PHONE AN AMBULANCE !!!!"