Drop Dead Gerard

Why dont i ever listen to me?!

Lindsey's P.O.V

You have my heart
And we'll never be worlds apart
Maybe in magazines
But you'll still be my star


My phone began to ring the umbrella theme ring tone again because i had a message, i knew who this might be but i hoped i was wrong.

You have a new message from Honey Bunny Gee
I sighed to myself. I need to change his screen name

I opened the message

Lindsey i know I'm the last person you wanna talk to right now but i need to see you .
I'm sorry about what happened but i can explain if you just give me another chance.
Can i come over tomorow around 5?
I'll bring coffee.
I love you
Gee
Xx


arr why does he keep doing this!
i replied to his text

Why ? so you can get high then come over here and fuck me?
Ha yeah I'm good Gerard thanks


I pushed send then looked at the message and felt a pang of guilt, maybe it was a little harsh...
I guess everyone deserves the chance to explain themselves.
All i can think about is him being all high and all overr some other woman.
I just feel so disgusted with him and at myself.
To be honest i just want to push It at the very back of my mind but thats the funny thing with life no matter how hard you try and hide something in the end you Have to face it.
I don't want to sit there and listen to his excuses and how he loves me and how i complete him bla bla bla shit... I want to believe him i really do ...i just don't know if i can.
But like i said i do have to face this and better now than latter i suppose.

My phone rang again New massage from Drop Dead Gerard
at least i had time to change his screen name (even if it is a little harsh)

"Please Lyn, Just hear me out"

Wow he sounds so damn pathetic, but like the person i am i just give into him and text back
"Fine I'll see you there, don't think everything is going to be fine and dandy because its not!"

There i think that pretty much put him in his place.
I made it to work, Its this typical old crappy looking bar in the outskirts of Jersey where all the weirdo perverted old men go because they don't have a job or money and the highlight of they're day is getting a glimpse of my bra or panties!...sad i know but they are paying customers (believe it or not) and the customer is always right, well thats what Josephene my boss always tells me anyway.
Shes this Dolly parton lookalike but gone horribly wrong. She has the bleach blond hair and the huge red lips but underneath you can see shes an old haggard woman. Shes not a nice woman, she reminds me of one of those visions alley cats that spit and hiss every time something fucks them off. Thats what shes like with me, if i don't look slutty enough or look tired out shes there to start gabbing away about some shit i really don't give a crap about. But its all okay because Barry (who's thinks of himself as my best friend) is always sympathetic. He's the regular customer who always sits on the right hand side of the bar with his pint in one hand and the other making a hand gesture that he wants to feel my tits . Hes permanently sweating...i felt sorry for the guy one day so i turned the heater off but he still dripped everywhere. His teeth are all yellow and his skin is greasy and red an-...okay eww Ive officially grossed myself out. I don't think I'll have sex for a good few years now.

Shit I'm fucking late for work again!! This was all Gerard fault if he hadn't text me all this crap id have made it on time.
I opened the old wooden doors to let loose the strong sent of alcohol and cigarettes that hung in the air. As soon as i went inside it was hard to hear yourself think as the fat ugly men there where overwhelmingly loud , some even starting huge riots . I think everyone was pretty much past caring though.

I slung on my black apron .
"Pssst...."
"Psssssst....JD....." I whispered
"Lindsey, dude your like" JD looked at his watch "10 whole Minuit's late"
"Yeah I'm aware of that , Is Josephine around?"
"Uhh well i just saw her go round back, But hey just tell her you've been here all this time , ill back you up"
"Thanks"
"Not like the old bats gonna realize anyway right" JD laughed
"Oh wont i Mr Dorian?...Lindsey this is the 3rd time this week, TRY IT AGAIN AND YOUL BE OUT OF A JOB!! do i make myself clear?"
"Yes Mrs Brand"
"And you John Dorian should not make friends that are going to cost you your job!!"
She looked at us both in disgust and then walked away through the bar.
"I am soo sooo sorry John i di-"
"Wow let me stop you right there girly...What are you not aloud to call me?"
I laughed "Sorry i meant JD really" I carried on laughing
He smiled "Stop taking the piss out of my name, its not my fault i have cruel parents who thought i would be born an old man!"
"Hey you're 28 you are kinda getting to that old age stage so i think your name fits you fine"
JD made an over sad expression of a baby crying, he even did the baby sound affects...it was actually pretty creepy
"Stop it" I punched him but it just made his pretend to cry harder
I rolled my eyes at him then he stopped
"Dude that was no way as cool as the eye thing i can do, Have i shown you that eye thing" He asked
"Yeah almost every single day that Ive Been working here, i think thats the first thing you said to me before i even found out your name"
I looked back at him and noticed he had rolled his eyeballs all the way round to inside his head
"I'm totally pro at this shit now, I'm soo gonna serve some guy whiles doing this , there gonna shit they're pants" He laughed to himself
I got back to washing up dirty glasses...I guess work isn't all bad.

Image