Drop Dead Gerard

Shards of Glass



JD's apartment
The phone rang a few times. The constant ringing sound was smothered by the voice of morrisey bellowing from JD's sound system. He often listened to his music alone especially at night.This was a habit of his that didn't tend to roll well with his neighbors and anyone else in the apartments. Even Lindsey who lived at the other end of the corridor could here the rumble of his music but she would never complain, besides she got used to it and to some degree she liked it. Realizing that the phone was ringing JD jumped up quickly in an attempt to reach it before it went off. Fortunately he was able to answer the phone.
"Yeeellow?"
"Hey JD it's me Lindsey"
JD smiled and answered less confidently than when he began
"Oh Lindsey hey...uh...how are you?"
"I'm good...I was just wondering if i could come over...?"
"..oh really..uh...well..." JD was slightly caught off Gard.
"If your busy it doesn't matter, it was a stupid idea anyway its late and we have work tomorrow and.."
"I think it's a great idea, yeah why not come right over"
"Well if your sure, I guess ill be right over"
JD hung up the phone and looked around his apartment.
There were pizza boxes from weeks ago stacked up on the couch and cans of beer literally everywhere he looked.
JD cleaned up everything as fast as he could then ran to the bathroom to gel his hair.

____________
Lindsey's apartment

"You can not be serious!" Gerard paces Lindsey's apartment up and down arguing with her but as Lindsey could not see or hear Gerard he was just arguing with himself.
"Why are you going over there anyway? Just stay away from him he's just some nerdy hormonal kid!!"
Gerard sighed as he stopped and watched Lindsey put on her make-up.
"Oh great your using the lip-stick i got you...THAT WAS NOT CHEAP YOU KNOW!!"
Gerard tried everything in his power to grab something and throw it against a wall in an attempt to get Lynsey's attention but nothing worked.
In his frustration his hand swept straight through everything he touched. This was one part of his new found curse that he hated more than anything else. Not being able to feel hot , cold or alive or anything withing his skin left Gerard lonely and made him feel more inhuman. Gerard was a perfect example of death although he was not alive he was not a spirit moving on from earth. He was Just stuck between worlds. There was only one thing left inside him that he clung onto and that was how he felt about Lindsey.

Gerard felt great sadness as he took a moment to think about these things. He noticed how pathetic he was craving the attention of the living to make himself feel more alive. He hadn't realized that the game was up ,it was over for him he had just been too afraid to let go.

In a split second The ugly green lampshade when flying across the room and shattered into millions of tiny pieces as it smashed against the wall.
Both Gerard and Lindsey Jumped.
Gerard looked around to see Lydia there smiling at him.
"How the hell did you do that?"
"We're not as helpless as you think we are you know. Just because you've given up"
Lydia touched Gerard's cheek with her hand. It was warm and for the first time in what seemed like forever gerard remembered what it was like to be alive.
"But...How?
"You'd be amazed what people can do if they want it enough, just focus"
Gerard again tried to pick up the telephone but failed miserably.
Lydia giggled and put her hand on his shoulder "Don't worry you'll get it eventually"
They both watched as Lindsey swept away the tiny shards of broken glass.
♠ ♠ ♠
For the first time in what seems like years I'm back!