Status: Fin.

The Moment Felt So Real.

But dreams can't all be real.

Finally Jack stands and walks up the stairs, whilst the two women remain in the kitchen and silently watch him go.

Jack walks up the stairs and to the last door on the right. He gently pushes it open and smiles when it makes the all too familiar squeak. The curtains and window are open in the room and he smiles when he sees that nothing has been changed or moved. Her bed is made, with Etty the teddy bear that Jack had bought her sitting in its place near the pillows. The poster about her bed is there and so are the stars on her ceiling. Jack goes to the chest of drawers sitting against the wall and opens the drawer second from the bottom, in it are some of his clothes, the clothing Sally had 'permanently borrowed' from him. He smiles and pulls out his grey hoodie, the one that Sally rarely took off. Holding the jacket closer, inhaling Sally's scent he sits up against thepillows, Etty sitting next to him. He sighs and hugs the hoodie, hearing a soft crackle he slides his hand into the pocket and finds a small white envelope with his name written on the front, in Sally's sloping, carefree handwriting.

He hears a door open down the hallway and places the envelope in his pocket, deciding to read it later on and leaves the room, careful to leave it exactly how Sally had and closes the door gently behind him. Jack hesitantly walks down towards the open door and sees Tamara standing about the cot looking down at the gurgling baby. When she sees Jack, Tamara quietly leaves the room, a smile on her face

With tears in his eyes Jack looks down at the 6 month old baby girl. When she sees him she starts crying and reaching out to him. He leans down and picks her up out of the crib and walks to the corner of the room and sits down in the rocking chair. Lovingly Jack looks down at the babe, her eyes are the same shade of blue as his but everything else is Sally. Rosella has Sally's smile, nose, face shape, mouth, hands, feet, all of it is Sally and whilst her hair is similar in shade to Jack's, it is more of a brown than a blonde and is in loose ringlets.

He rocks back and forth in the rocking chair and looks up to see Sally standing in the doorway with a smile on her face. She leaves the doorway and Jack knows that this will be the last time he'll ever see her. Pain shoots through his chest and he wants to run to the door and call her back but Rosella makes a sound, causing him to look down at her, she takes his finger in her hand and brings it to his mouth and a smile cuts through the tears streaming down Jack's face. Looking at his daughter's happy little face makes him realise that everything is going to be alright. That Sally may be gone, but he has Rosella's entire life to look forward to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Final Chapter. Hope you enjoyed, contimplating a sequel.
Let me know if anyone is interested.