Status: Fin.

The Moment Felt So Real.

She says as if she knows.

Jack returns the lawn mower to the shed and as he walks through the garage he looks at the door to the little room.

Feeling drawn to it he walks past the stairs and carefully opens the door. He walks in and sees Sally sitting at the card table, quietly playing solitaire.

"Hey gorgeous, what you doing down here?" he asks quietly and then cringes when he sees her jump and all the cards go flying around the room.

"You scared me Jelly," she smiles and goes to hug him but stops at the last minute, a look of heart break shows on her face and tears threaten to fall, she turns and begins to collect up her cards, placing them on the table, "I didn't think you would come down here."

"I just felt like taking a look," he tells her and sits at the table opposite her, studying her face. Sally's holding her bottom lip with her teeth and concentrating carefully on her cards, her emerald eyes shining with tears and her cheeks flushed. Her chocolate curls are held back with a thick black headband and today she's wearing a blue dress and sandals, the dress flowing and hugging the curve of her body.

"That's fair enough, is the yard all done now?" she asks completing her game and stacking the cards all in a neat pile.

"Yes, do you want to come and sit by the pool with me?" he asks nervously.

"No I think I best go and check on Rosella, you really should go see her one day, she has your eyes, smile and hair," Sally tells him and smiles before walking through the open door.

Jack sighs, his heart tightening at the thought of Rosie, he hadn't been able to see her for a while now, the pain far too great. He closes the door behind him and walks up the stairs to the house. His brother Scott looks at him as he walks up the hallway and then dials a number on his phone. Jack shuts the door to his room and sinks on his bed, unbeknownst to the fact that Scott is once again on the phone to Sally's sister Tamara.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm posting three chapters today :) we're at the halfway mark of the story... These next two chapters are important :)