Status: Fin.

The Moment Felt So Real.

And I'm just full of fear.

He got behind the wheel of his car and made the trip over to Sally's family's house.

It felt slightly wrong to be ringing the doorbell seeing that he hadn't visited in so long but before he could change his mind and go back to his car the door opens to reveal Sally's sister Tamara.

Shock plays over her face for a split second before she launches herself into his arms. The little brunette wraps her arms tightly around Jack's neck and he hugs her close. Now he knows exactly why Sally has so desperately wanted him to make the visit, because Tam and the rest of her family know in a way how he feels.

The two let go of each other and Tam stands back to let Jack walk through the open doorway, her baby blue eyes watch him as he walks straight through to the kitchen and sits at the bench.

"Mum, Dad and Rick are out getting groceries," Tamara says in way of an answer as to why she is alone in the house.

"Fair enough, do you have anything to drink?" Jack asks quietly, staring slightly to the left and out the window to the rose bush.

"Yeah, do you want cordial or juice?" Tamara asks her voice as quiet as his.

"Just water please," he sighs and tears his eyes away from Sally's rose bush, to look at her 20 year old sister.

The two of them sit there in silence until they hear the sound of the garage door opening. Sally's parents and brother have returned from the grocery shopping and when Sally's mother sees Jack, she forces a smile and begins putting all the groceries away attempting to hide her tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
One chapter to go.