Status: Completed short story! :) Comment

Grownup Time!

Grownup Time!

“Frank! Gerard! Time for bed, it’s getting late!” Mrs. Way called from downstairs. Little nine year old Frank and Gerard were playing in Gee’s room, make-believing with the different toys he had in his room along with his blankets being made into a hide-out.
“Aww, Mama! Five more minutes?” Gerard pleaded back climbing out of their hide-out.
Mrs. Way walked up the stairs to talk directly to her son, “I’m sorry, Gerard. You have to be a grownup to stay up later than your bedtime.” Mrs. Way reasoned as she stood through the doorway.
Gerard looked up at her, what? She always told him this since he was five years old! How long does it take for him to be a big boy? Isn’t he big enough already? He’s bigger than Mikey anyway! “Mama, you told me that-“he stopped to do the math with his fingers, “four years ago! Aren’t I a big grownup now?”

Mrs. Way looked down at her son smiling sadly, “I’m sorry Gerard, but… it takes time to grow up and do grownup things. That’s why when cute little kids like you and Frank go to sleep you’ll grow much bigger! Little kids need rest to be big and strong!”

Gerard looked at Frankie then to his mother furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, “Wait- is that why Frankie is so small?! Frankie, you need to sleep!” Gerard exclaimed looking at his best friend with wide eyes.
Frank widened his eyes, “No! I go to sleep like my mommy tells me to!”
Gerard stared back curiously then looked up to his mom again, “But why don’t you go to sleep, mama? Don’t you need to be big and strong too?” Gerard was very confused as he scratched his head and put his little mind into thought.
Mrs. Way smiled, “When you’re all grownup, grownups need time to do grownup things” she stepped forward to the two boys and knelt down, “so that’s why you boys should go to sle-“ she was suddenly interrupted by her very curious son, “What kinds of things do grownups do to make them go to sleep later?” Gerard asked as he sat criss-crossed on the floor.

Mrs. Way didn’t know what to answer, “Well… grownups do lots of work. We do work for our work, make sure we have everything we need and sometimes Daddy and I just need to talk”, she said as she got up and pulled the blankets up and onto the bed.
Gerard was still very confused as he thought hard but then he heard Frankie’s giggle from behind him. He looked back at him, “What’s so funny?” Frank just shook his head, a little smile at his lips, “Nothing”

“Well, time for bed boys!” Mrs. Way exclaimed. Gerard and Frank regretfully got up off the floor and gave up. Frank ran across Gerard’s room and dragged out his red sleeping bag and pillow. Gerard got changed into his comic-designed pajamas and climbed into bed.
“See you boys in the morning! Goodnight!” Mrs. Way said as she tucked Gerard into bed and kissed his forehead. She walked to the doorway and turned off the light, the only light source being their night-light.

Frank settled next to Gerard’s bed and tried to sleep hoping he would be tall in the morning, but Gerard lay awake and still thought, “I’m not sleepy. I want to be a grownup and do grownup things”, Gerard announced aloud. Frank sat up and looked at his friend, “Eww, I don’t think I want to yet”, he shrugged his shoulders.

Gerard looked at Frank like he was crazy, “What why?” “Because… you know what grownups do right?” Frank looked back like he was about to laugh. Gerard, however, didn’t. He didn’t know what he was talking about, “Cause… you know… grownups-“Frank giggled again but Gerard was dumbfounded and confused, “Well what?”

Frank opened his mouth to say it but in the smallest voice he managed it, “Kiss” he then went through a silent fit of muffled laughter as he held his mouth like he had said a bad word.
Gerard giggled too then, “As long as it will make me a grownup!” he exclaimed sarcastically. Frank stopped laughing and looked at Gerard in a serious expression, “Really Gee?” Gerard thought Frank was still playing along but he just giggled and rolled his eyes, “Yes, Frankie”
Frank thought hard for a moment and then he thought of something! Maybe if he kisses Gee he will be a grown up and maybe Frank will be as tall as a building in the morning! This was brilliant!
“Okay Gee!” Frank exclaimed excitedly, clearly happy about his height being improved. He picked his small body off the floor from his sleeping bag and sat on Gerard’s bed. Gerard stopped giggling and looked at his friend curiously, “What is it, Frankie?”

Frank just shook his head and beamed, “Let’s be grownups!” Frank sat closer to Gerard and leaned forward. Gerard was still confused, come on what was with all the confusion tonight?!

Just for a second, Frank pecked Gerard lightly on the lips and he pulled back and smiled to himself, “There, that should do it!” Frank exclaimed happily as he jumped down and onto his sleeping bag again.
Gerard sat there still puzzled with blushing cheeks. Frankie just kissed him!

“Well, night Gee!” Frankie called down from below, he settled in and slowly drifted into a content sleep. “Night Frankie” Gerard said and lay back down and did the same.

The next morning, the two boys got up and ran as fast as they could down the stairs to Mr. and Mrs. Way in the kitchen while she was preparing breakfast. She heard the sound of running feet and turned her attention the her son and his best friend as they hurried into the kitchen,
“Well good morning boys! Sleep well?” She asked as she poured some more pancake batter into the pan. “Yes Mrs. Gee! I have a question! Did I grow? Did I? And Gee looks like a grownup now right?!” Frank was excited and demanded answers. Mrs. Way glanced at them from behind, “What makes you say that Frankie?”

“Because I kissed Gee last night and Gee and I were hoping we would be grownups cause that’s what grownups do right?”

Hearing this, Mrs. Way turned to them and looked down at them amused and laughed, “Frankie, that’s not what all grownups do” she put a hand on Frank’s shoulder. “But it was grownup of you to kiss Gerard like that… so I guess from now on you two can go to sleep a little later than usual”, she chuckled at the thought of how little boys minds’ worked.

Frank and Gerard cheered in delight, “Hey, maybe if we kiss more we’ll be as big as giants!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Somehow this got deleted? I think I accidentally pressed deleted T_T Glad I write in Word! :D Anywho, once again this was just too adorable to write. :'D ahh the joys of a mini Frerard that's INNOCENT. Ahaha, that's funny. Here I have a completely innocent Frerard and I'm currently writing an explicit content Frerard.

REMEMBER I LOVE COMMENTS!