‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Loneliness
Status: I'm a pretty slow updater, comments do make me update quicker!

Scars Won't Tear Us Apart

Chapter Two - Jimmy

Still feeling extremely hungover, Jimmy managed to drag himself off the bed in Matt's spare bedroom and out of the door. Matt was still sleeping, he didn't have to do anything, Val pretty much looked after their kid single handedly. Leana was probably going to work late and it wouldn't be fair to ask Owen to look after Harley, again.

Jimmy was in no state to drive, so he walked home. The sunlight was making his headache a thousand times worse but at least he didn't feel like he was going to throw up (which was a different story when he woke up earlier). At least Matt didn't live far from his house.

It was midday, so that meant he had three hours to sober up so he collect his son from school. As soon as Jimmy got inside, he went into the kitchen and turned on the coffee machine.

Five cups of coffee, a bacon and cheese sandwich and a shower later, he felt himself again. Just in time to collect Harley from school. He sent Owen a text, telling him that he was able to collect Harley, no doubt that Owen had taken him in this morning. It wasn't like Leana could take five minutes from work to take her child to school.

Jimmy decided against driving again, even if he was feeling better, he didn't want to risk being in an accident. It was about a ten minute walk to Harley's school and the sun out seemed pleasant now.

Jimmy was nearly always the only dad to collect their child, everyone else there was a mother. Jimmy didn't mind however, he loved spending time with Harley, but sometimes he did wish that Leana would be more involved, for Harley’s sake.

As soon as the kids were let out, Harley came belting out, running straight as his Dad. Jimmy caught him as he jumped at him, pulling him close for a hug. “Hey buddy” Jimmy smiled, swinging Harley around a little.

After Jimmy put him down, he took the backpack that he was carrying. The thing must have weighed about ten pounds, he had no idea how he was carrying it, or why he needed so much stuff. He was only ten.

“Can we go now?” Harley asked. Jimmy instantly knew the child was hiding something.

“What have you done?” Jimmy sighed. Harley shrugged.

“Mr. Sullivan!” Harley's teacher called.

Jimmy looked at Harley expectantly and took his hand, half dragging him over to where the teacher was. Jimmy was about ninety percent sure he was in trouble again. Sadly, Harley seemed to take his Father's attitude towards school rather than his brother's.

“What's he done this time?” Jimmy asked the teacher once they were next to her.

“This” the teacher said, handing Jimmy a piece of paper. “The assignment was to think of a song and draw a picture about it”

Jimmy turned the paper around and was greeted by a picture of a woman lying on her back, a man standing over her with a knife, red everywhere. In large writing at the top, Harley had written 'Must have stabbed her fifty fucking times'. Jimmy had to struggle to not point out that Harley had done exactly what she had told him to do, he still couldn't control his smart mouth to teachers.

“I don't think this is appropriate music for a ten year old to listen to Mr. Sullivan” the teacher told him. “I know you were in a band and this is the sort of music you wrote, but this just isn't appropriate”

“I will discuss it with his mother” Jimmy said, a strained smile on his face. Now she was telling him how to raise his child?

“I would appreciate that” the teacher said, walking inside.

“Next time Harley, don't do this” Jimmy said as they walked away.

“I like the song” he replied, taking the picture off his dad.

“I know you do, but I think that's something to keep in the family” Jimmy explained, “Most people don't consider this as appropriate material for a ten year old”

“She's stupid, I did exactly what she told me to” Harley huffed.

“Next time, pick a nicer song, like Warmness on the Soul or Gunslinger, got it?” Jimmy warned him.

Harley shrugged, “Kay”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Aightball for commenting!
I promise this will now be updated weekly on a Saturday from now on, I've been so busy with college work and other fics lately, but I will get back into writing this now :D