‹ Prequel: Bulletproof Loneliness
Status: I'm a pretty slow updater, comments do make me update quicker!

Scars Won't Tear Us Apart

Chapter Three - Owen

Owen couldn't but be concerned about his dad. He was a grown man and could take care of himself, but there was something wrong, he could just tell. Owen voiced his concerns to Damon, who was trying to make dinner.

“What made you think it?”Damon asked, stirring the pot of sauce that he had made to put on the pasta.

Owen sighed and lent forward, resting his elbows on the table and holding his head in his hands. “He seems to be going out a lot and drinking, I'm getting worried about his health. Especially with his stomach problems at the moment” Owen explained, remembering when his dad had casually mentioned a few weeks ago that he had gone to the doctors about his stomach pains and they had referred him to a cardiologist. “He hasn't made an appointment yet and I'm getting worried”

“Can't you just tell him?” Damon said, “I'm sure he wouldn't mind”

“It's not that, I just don't want him knowing I think there's something wrong, he might get worried” Owen replied. Damon turned off the sauce and sat next to Owen, pulling him into a hug. “The last thing I need is a call from Leana telling me he's been put into the hospital”

“Let's just have dinner, then we can go over and chat to him, okay?” Damon suggested. Owen nodded and stood up to help Damon to set the table.

After eating, Owen decided that he would just wait until tomorrow to talk to his dad. He knew that his dad wouldn't be drinking tonight as he was looking after Harley. He told Damon, who smiled and kissed the top of his head. “That means we're free all evening” he smirked.

“I'm not in the mood” Owen lied, enjoying taunting his boyfriend.

Damon started to tickle him, Owen tried to squirm away but Damon had him in a vice grip. “I'll tickle you until you say yes” he threatened.

“O-o-okay” Owen spluttered, tears rolling down his face from the tickling.

* * *


The next day, Owen went over to his dad's house about ten o'clock. He knew Harley would be in school, Leana in work, so it would just be them.

He knocked on the front door and stepped back, waiting for him to answer. After a moment, his dad opened the door, a smile on his face. “Hey Owen, come on in”

“Hey Dad” Owen greeted, walking in the house.

His dad closed the door behind them and got Owen a soda from the kitchen. “Thanks a lot for taking Harley in yesterday” he said, sipping his own drink.

“It was no problem at all” Owen reassured him. “But Dad... I have to talk to you about something serious”

His dad looked up, “I'm listening”

“Did you end up going to see that cardiologist?” he asked, knowing fully well that his dad hadn't. Just like Owen suspected, his dad shook his head. “I think you should, just so you know that everything’s okay”

“Are you really that worried about me?” he asked softly, staring at his drink.

“I am” Owen admitted.

“Okay, I'll sort it out for tomorrow, to put you're mind at ease” his dad said with a slight smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Aightball and Reverse-This-Curse for commenting!
Sorry this chapter is kinda short and fillerish, but I wanted to just say that stuff about Jimmy
What do you think?